“Could do a lot better”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Lovely outdoor table, v romantic, appropriately sized portions, food ingredients excellent reasonably priced, staff very engaged, but.... let down overall by: poor to average cooking, appalling Spanish(!?) muzak - what wrong with playing some atmospheric Italian opera?- and the usual Doha intrusive server "push" to sell you more water and yet another glass of wine (stay away until I ask!).

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

It was a pleasure welcoming you to Il Teatro and thank you for your comments.
It disturbed me to hear that your experience should have been a lot better. We have noted your remarks concerning the food quality, music and service. Please rest assured that we value your feedback as it allow us to learn and improve where needed.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Doha and Il Teatro in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I would like to say its first time in my life I had this wonderful and amazing food plus great service in a beautiful ambiance

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Truly it was a pleasure to know that you had an amazing dining experience at Il Teatro, thank you for your comments and we will definitely share it to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Il Teatro soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This restaurant is located at the Four Seasons . You can eat inside ( it is very elegant but a bit cold in all the meanings of the word) or outside under a pergola , next to the beach . This is what we decided to do and we spent a wonderful evening . The menu is traditional italian with additional seafood dishes ( like grilled lobster and prawns) . The wine list is attractive , with a lot of famous italian wines . Superb service .

1  Thank brutravel
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing to dine at Il Teatro and also for your valued review.

I am delighted that you had enjoyed your evening will certainly share it with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another fine and nice dining experience.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The staff were all very nice. In my opinion, the service was just the right blend of giving us attention and backing off to leave us to dine as a family. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgable and very pleasant and smiled all the time. The manager took our kids by the hand in to meet the chef. The food was fantastic, we had ravioli and another pasta dish I can't remember the name, but all the pasta is made in house and is excellent. They even presented us a cake for our special occasion. I would highly recommend this fine restaurant for it's food, service and ambiance.

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Truly it was a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful dining experience at Il Teatro, we are grateful for your positive remarks and we will absolutely communicate your message to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Il Teatro for another wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went to Il Teatro for a special dinner with my boyfriend, my best friend and her boyfriend. It turned out to be more than special. It was the best experience about dining in Doha I have ever had. The food was incredible. I loved so much the tuna tartare in mix atipasti selection and home made pasta!! We enjoyed so much the 2 corses. Then we finally tasted the best italian dessert in town, tiramisu and choccolate fondante! The service was great, they suggested us very well and i felt that they were well-trained. The overall atmosphere was unbelievable. We will definitely go back soon.
Thank you!!!

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to write a review regarding your most recent visit with us.
We are delighted to know that your experience with us is outstanding and that you have enjoyed our Il Teatro restaurant. I will definitely share your comments to the Il Teatro team.
Looking forward to your future visit for another memorable dining experience