“The most amazing dinner with friends in Doha”
Review of Il Teatro

Il Teatro
Ranked #8 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Doha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went to Il Teatro for a special dinner with my boyfriend, my best friend and her boyfriend. It turned out to be more than special. It was the best experience about dining in Doha I have ever had. The food was incredible. I loved so much the tuna tartare in mix atipasti selection and home made pasta!! We enjoyed so much the 2 corses. Then we finally tasted the best italian dessert in town, tiramisu and choccolate fondante! The service was great, they suggested us very well and i felt that they were well-trained. The overall atmosphere was unbelievable. We will definitely go back soon.
Thank you!!!

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to write a review regarding your most recent visit with us.
We are delighted to know that your experience with us is outstanding and that you have enjoyed our Il Teatro restaurant. I will definitely share your comments to the Il Teatro team.
Looking forward to your future visit for another memorable dining experience

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm a little hesitant to write this review as so few people seem to know about it and for the last month I've enjoyed having it to myself. I ate here three times in the month with a variety of people and all felt the same way about the restaurant which is in the Four Seasons Hotel in West Bay.

On entering, each of us was unsure. How could a restaurant this quiet be really good? Well, on each occasion we had a great meal with probably the best service in Doha. If you know Doha you'll know good service is hard to come by. On each occasion I was joined for dinner by vegetarians, again a real weak point for most restaurants in Doha, but the staff were able to highlight their dishes and then offer a range of other options they felt could be attractive if made without meat. Our waitress Irene from Romania played the balance between being social and leaving us to our own company very well. The meal last night of Mushroom Risotto was, tasty with distinct flavours and textures. The restaurant also has a really good wine cellar with a broad range of wines at prices to fit most pockets (although you are in a Four Seasons hotel)

On entering the staff had heard us mention it was my friend's birthday and when we asked to have them take our picture they obliged but also took one with a camera I did not recognise. By the end of the meal they had the photo of us all in a card wishing my friend a happy birthday presented with a celebratory cake.

After dinner I suggested we go to the bar for drinks and a cigar and yet again the staff intervened and offered us a seating area in the smoking section of the restaurant where another waiter Vethoven served us and again balanced his introductions and cigar offerings with an ability to engage and yet leave us to our own company.

A quiet restaurant that you need to try if you like good food, fine wine and great service. Just don't goo too often! I still really liked having it to myself

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

On behalf of the entire team here at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, I would like to sincerely thank you for your detailed comments and kind words about your dining experiences at Il Teatro.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and will share your notes with the Il Teatro team, especially Irene and Vethoven whom I believed was a big part of your wonderful experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another amazing experience.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Italian being one of my favourite dining options, I was very interested to try the Il Teatro restaurant which is located within the Four Seasons Hotel in Doha. I was certainly not disappointed. Although the evening menu, perhaps surprisingly for an Italian restaurant, does not contain a vast array of vegetarian options, the staff were quite prepared to serve any dish on the menu, adapting it to make it vegetarian. I enjoyed a lovely brushetta starter, followed by a traditional main course of spaghetti cooked in a tomato and basil sauce, finishing with a beautiful chocolate fondant desert served with pistachios and ice cream. Whilst I ate what could be described as fairly basic Italian cuisine (which was, of course, my choice), my friends were far more adventurous- one trying the ostrich and another having a selection of fish. Everybody enjoyed their meals. The ambiance of the restaurant is good and the staff could not be more attentive. I shall certainly return.

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent dining experience at Il Teatro.

Reading your comments about the staff and the service you received, was delightful, please rest assured that I will be sharing your words with the team who works very hard to ensure that guests such as yourself have a great time with us.

I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Four Seasons Hotel Doha soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I couldn't wait to write about our experience this past February. The set menu which was 550 QR per person ( alcohol was extra) has been the worst experience ever! Out if the 5 course menu, only the appetizer and the dessert were good.
We were in dismay over the poor quality of the food, lacking in both taste and appearance. We were very disappointed and honestly, that meal ruined our otherwise perfect Valentine's date.
I read that they changed the management but the experience was so bad, we could never go back.

1  Thank Edith C
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your Valentine’s experience at Il Teatro.

It troubled me to hear that you experienced some challenges with food quality. While we set high standards for our guests, we were unable to meet them on this occasion, for this, please accept our apologies.

Should you decide to dine with us again, which I hope you will, please send me an e-mail at ahmed.khalaf@fourseasons.com or my assistant Valerie at valerie.hipolito@fourseasons.com, to ensure a different and memorable dining experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have heard great reviews about this place so I thought I would give it a try. When we were first given the menu there was not alot of choice if you just wanted a main course. I ordered the spicy chicken which just had the spice on the skin of the chicken (99QAR menu). Whilst waiting for that you got a small side salad to start with. If you wanted to pay more you could go to the salad buffet and then have a main course too. The prices ranged from I think 120QAR to 200QAR but the choice was more comprehensive.

They dont do a specific business lunch anymore which I think is a shame as the restaurant itself is very nice indeed. I think if there was more choice for just a main course I would go back.

Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback concerning your recent visit at Il Teatro.

Your comments regarding the main course selection was noted and rest assured that observations such as yours allow us to improve our products and services.

Despite of this we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.