“Disappointed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Disappointed”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have heard great reviews about this place so I thought I would give it a try. When we were first given the menu there was not alot of choice if you just wanted a main course. I ordered the spicy chicken which just had the spice on the skin of the chicken (99QAR menu). Whilst waiting for that you got a small side salad to start with. If you wanted to pay more you could go to the salad buffet and then have a main course too. The prices ranged from I think 120QAR to 200QAR but the choice was more comprehensive.

They dont do a specific business lunch anymore which I think is a shame as the restaurant itself is very nice indeed. I think if there was more choice for just a main course I would go back.

Visited November 2012
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback concerning your recent visit at Il Teatro.

Your comments regarding the main course selection was noted and rest assured that observations such as yours allow us to improve our products and services.

Despite of this we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
“Real italian flavor in Doha”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

New chef and new management making the "Il Teatro" the best Italian resturant in Doha. The chef is going regulary to Italy to buy the ingredients to let you test the best italian flavor ( I have already tested and it's just wow) and the pasta is home made!!!! Amazing. Francesco, the resturant manager, will indruce you the menu and suggest you the best season dish. The service it's real five stars. I'm Italian trust me!!

• Visited November 2012
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review following your recent visit at Il Teatro. I will certainly share your positive and encouraging comments with the team.

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful time and we do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Rome, Italy
“High Italian Quality”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went back to Il Teatro after 4 years I had not stepped in and this time it was on my 10th anniversary wedding.
Being Italian I cannot stand most restaurants abroad that label themselves “Italian”. But as usual, this place is never disappointing. First of all there is a chef from Piedmont and the restaurant manager from Puglia sent here directly from Four Seasons in Milan. What a nice combination. And that’s the number one reason to have a good Italian restaurant: Italians working in the restaurant!!! They know about their job!

The food was very nice, I have to say that the entrée was my favourite: a delicious tuna tartare with fennel and home made panelle (typical Sicilian)! Who would expect to eat some nice combination outside of my home country?
The food is really Italian starting from the olive oil a very good Pugliese oil. The vin santo with the cake was something else I would have not expected to find here. Delicious. And the treat was lovely.

I really hope that this restaurants keeps this standard this high, so foreigners start to understand that we have such a fantasti culinary tradition that “pasta Alfredo” does not exist in Italy and that we would never eat such a disgusting combination made up by Americans!

• Visited October 2012
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Il Teatro, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your encouraging words, we were delighted to read your comments about the staff and the service which you received during your previous visit and at the same time celebrating your 10th anniversary with us.

Though it took you some time visiting us again, we are glad that you're back and it was worth it. Our team, work hard every day to ensure that guests such as yourself will have a pleasant experience.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Doha and Il Teatro soon.

Doha, Qatar
“The best Italian Restaurant in Doha!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The best ever italian cuisine in Doha! We have been in this elegant and refined restaurant and I can say that this place is an oasis in a desert of mediocre places that of Italian have the name only. The appetizers with fresh mozzarella, pasta, risotto with porcini mushrooms and fresh fish, everything was delicious! The wine list was fairly complete for a country where the availability of goods is quite complicated, as Qatar. The service was attentive and professional but also very warm and friendly. Even the bill was a nice surprise, fair and honest. A wonderful evening!

• Visited October 2012
Indeed, it was a pleasure to know that you had a wonderful dining experience at Il Teatro, thank you for your comments and we will definitely pass on your message to the rest of the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Il Teatro for a yet another wonderful experience.