“Delicious Syrian Food”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We ordered two lamb dishes (one with yoghurt, the other had pomegranate and peanuts) with rice, haloumi, and hummus with amazing puffy bread. I had a good experience, staff were friendly, service was moderate and the atmosphere was quite relaxing. I'd recommend coming here for a lovely night out after browsing the markets at the Souq Waqif.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff ... Nice setting (we sat up stairs) and well laid out with comforteble chairs.

We were not sure what to order, so took the waiter's suggesting ... & it was really good.

The breads were delicious, meze was fresh & a good selection and the main courses delicious.

The Bulgar wheat & tomato came in a huge bowl with a "giant's" spoon ... Delicious, but struggled to make an impression on the dish ... Without asking, we were given what was left as a "doggie bag" to enjoy another day.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Is one of my favourite places in the Souq Waqif due to the terrace at the first floor and its great atmosphere. It´s a syrian restaurant, with a variated menu and very good relation quality/price.
The ground floor looks like more elegant, and I have seen several times traditional music live. However, I prefer the covered terrace upstairs because is informal and you can enjoy smoking sisha and drinking tea after dinning.
The staff is not the most kindly in Doha, and they take their time, no rush. Anyway, take it easy and relax.
It is perfect to meet with friends!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Enjoy great Syrian food, friendly and fast service...the upper section of the restaurant has a great view on the Souq Waqif walkway to watch the locals go by.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had lunch on the terrace with a great view over the Souq Waqif. Friends of mine living in Doha took me there. We were three grown-ups and two children sitting on two benches on both sides of a table. My friends ordered a huge amount of food whose names I forgot, but all of it was served in a timely manner and tasted very good. Next time in Doha I want to go to Damasca again.

Been to Damasca? Share your experiences!