“Great atmosphere in Souq Waqif”
Review of Damasca

Damasca
Ranked #121 of 961 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Is one of my favourite places in the Souq Waqif due to the terrace at the first floor and its great atmosphere. It´s a syrian restaurant, with a variated menu and very good relation quality/price.
The ground floor looks like more elegant, and I have seen several times traditional music live. However, I prefer the covered terrace upstairs because is informal and you can enjoy smoking sisha and drinking tea after dinning.
The staff is not the most kindly in Doha, and they take their time, no rush. Anyway, take it easy and relax.
It is perfect to meet with friends!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Enjoy great Syrian food, friendly and fast service...the upper section of the restaurant has a great view on the Souq Waqif walkway to watch the locals go by.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had lunch on the terrace with a great view over the Souq Waqif. Friends of mine living in Doha took me there. We were three grown-ups and two children sitting on two benches on both sides of a table. My friends ordered a huge amount of food whose names I forgot, but all of it was served in a timely manner and tasted very good. Next time in Doha I want to go to Damasca again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

one of my favorite place in Qatar I am visiting it whenever I have time I do not even think to change it
employees are incredible polite and can wow any guest ( But they still need to speak a better English )
Their tabouleh is fabulous as well as the grilled meat

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great location (in the Souq Waqif), nice design, warm atmosphere, friendly and efficient service, fast to take the orders and serve, great food.
We spent for 4 persons almost 500 QAR (a bit expensive but not too much).
Could be even better if the may serve wine and beer.
After 9pm they play live Arabic music.
We will go again for sure!!!

1  Thank Mauro_M_Qatar