“Rocca saves the dinner”

Rocca
Ranked #172 of 1,028 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Entice your senses at Rocca with Italian fare prepared in a lively open kitchen and wood-fired oven. Set close to one of the hotel's swimming pool, the restaurant also offers traditional poolside favourites and light fare during the day. Outdoor terrace seating is exceptionally enjoyable during the cooler season.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

A few weeks ago, our plans to celebrate my husband's birthday were almost scuppered by absurd dress code rules at another hotel. We pitched up at Grand Hyatt to go to Isaan and decided to try out Rocca.

We met Varun at entrance and very soon he had us laughing. Varun is the Asst Director Food and Beverage who has made us feel like royalty every time we have visited Isaan.

Aided by mouth-melting Chilean sea bass, mango panna cotta and complimentary Prosecco, and the aforementioned experience was almost erased.

1  Thank Desertriverwriter

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The food was ok, nothing spectacular...service was kind and attentive but I don't think we are going back...they failed impressing us...

Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Rocca, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear MaiteQatar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha.

We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is small gestures that set our service apart.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Rocca and I have passed on your comments to the respective department so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.

Please send our marketing team your contact details to DOHGH-Marketing@hyatt.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Grand Hyatt Doha where you are more than welcome.

Christoph Franzen

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The restaurant located near the swimming pool in Grand Hyatt hotel, but doesn't fit with the level of the hotel. From the start the staff are friendly, the music in the restaurant is loud and annoying, the menu is so poor with little varieties, the food quality is bad& smelly . From the outer part of the restaurant the view is amazing, I can't say anything about the service and cleanliness of the restaurant. In general if they improve the food served I will come back to it

2  Thank Mushreq
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Rocca, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Mushreq,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha and thank you for your feedback regarding your visit of Rocca restaurant. I have passed on your comments to the outlet manager so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of service.

Christoph K. Franzen

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had pizza and Arabia penne. Very good. Would go back for sure. Good food, bit pricey, but worth it. Window seats over look the pool.

Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Rocca, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Sand-N-our-shoes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Rocca restaurant.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable dining experience.

Christoph K.Franzen
General Manger

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I have had such a bad experience here that I am writing this review from the restaurant. While the restaurant has a nice seating area outside, it starts and ends there. We were seated at our reserved table and menu came quickly and we placed the order. After abt 20 minutes my glss of wine was served. I waited for my partners ice tea and water but nothing even aft waiting for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile, we were not served any breads in the interim while some of the others were served on other tables. And after waiting for 30 minutes we got our food ( pasta and gnocchi). Again we asked for water and ice tea and waiting for another 15 minutes we got nothing. We had in the meanwhile asked for some pepper and salt. The food was ok but we were so put off by the service that we could not finish it. We finally found our originAl server and gave feedback Bout the service or lack of it. We told him to not to get our drinks as our meal was over. Of course I did not even ask for my second glass of wine. The guy finally got everything after the meal was over. We without touching it asked for our bill. Aft waiting for 10 minutes we went to the reception to collect it. After giving us 2 different bills we finally got ours. Of course we were charged 75 QAR etc for the drinks that came after the meal and something we said no to. After we expressed about our displeasure at the counter the lady told us it has been a tough day because something was happening at the terrace and everyone was busy there. Why the hell shd I care for that? If you are charging me full money for shoddy service and average food I have every right to complain. She gave me her managers no and refused to have any logical conversation. Our server in the meanwhile came and checked our bill and smiled and went. Honestly I would have wanted to tell him to get trained for manners and his job but I really was in no mood to any any further conversation with a totally irresponsible and disinterested staff. It was a terrible evening. We are never going there again. The Italian restaurant at four seasons and W are much better for food and service. Don't waste your money at this place. It really sucks. Even roadside street shops have better service.

1  Thank Abhijeet K

Been to Rocca? Share your experiences!