“Not what I expect”

Rocca
Ranked #197 of 872 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Entice your senses at Rocca with Italian fare prepared in a lively open kitchen and wood-fired oven. Set close to one of the hotel's swimming pool, the restaurant also offers traditional poolside favourites and light fare during the day. Outdoor terrace seating is exceptionally enjoyable during the cooler season.
“Not what I expect”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The restaurant located near the swimming pool in Grand Hyatt hotel, but doesn't fit with the level of the hotel. From the start the staff are friendly, the music in the restaurant is loud and annoying, the menu is so poor with little varieties, the food quality is bad& smelly . From the outer part of the restaurant the view is amazing, I can't say anything about the service and cleanliness of the restaurant. In general if they improve the food served I will come back to it

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Mushreq
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Rocca, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Mushreq,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Grand Hyatt Doha and thank you for your feedback regarding your visit of Rocca restaurant. I have passed on your comments to the outlet manager so we can look at ways to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.
I hope you will return to Grand Hyatt Doha in the future and allow us to demonstrate our commitment to the highest levels of service.

Warm regards,
Christoph K. Franzen

• Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
“Good food, bit pricey, but worth it”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had pizza and Arabia penne. Very good. Would go back for sure. Good food, bit pricey, but worth it. Window seats over look the pool.

• Visited April 2014
Grand Hyatt D, General Manager at Rocca, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Sand-N-our-shoes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Rocca restaurant.
We work hard to deliver a superb guest experience and I was especially happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable dining experience.

Warm regards,
Christoph K.Franzen
General Manger
“Terrible terrible terrible service”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I have had such a bad experience here that I am writing this review from the restaurant. While the restaurant has a nice seating area outside, it starts and ends there. We were seated at our reserved table and menu came quickly and we placed the order. After abt 20 minutes my glss of wine was served. I waited for my partners ice tea and water but nothing even aft waiting for another 10 minutes. Meanwhile, we were not served any breads in the interim while some of the others were served on other tables. And after waiting for 30 minutes we got our food ( pasta and gnocchi). Again we asked for water and ice tea and waiting for another 15 minutes we got nothing. We had in the meanwhile asked for some pepper and salt. The food was ok but we were so put off by the service that we could not finish it. We finally found our originAl server and gave feedback Bout the service or lack of it. We told him to not to get our drinks as our meal was over. Of course I did not even ask for my second glass of wine. The guy finally got everything after the meal was over. We without touching it asked for our bill. Aft waiting for 10 minutes we went to the reception to collect it. After giving us 2 different bills we finally got ours. Of course we were charged 75 QAR etc for the drinks that came after the meal and something we said no to. After we expressed about our displeasure at the counter the lady told us it has been a tough day because something was happening at the terrace and everyone was busy there. Why the hell shd I care for that? If you are charging me full money for shoddy service and average food I have every right to complain. She gave me her managers no and refused to have any logical conversation. Our server in the meanwhile came and checked our bill and smiled and went. Honestly I would have wanted to tell him to get trained for manners and his job but I really was in no mood to any any further conversation with a totally irresponsible and disinterested staff. It was a terrible evening. We are never going there again. The Italian restaurant at four seasons and W are much better for food and service. Don't waste your money at this place. It really sucks. Even roadside street shops have better service.

1 Thank Abhijeet K
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good proper place”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had lunch with our children. The focaccia was not that tasty (and we would not have mind to have some salted butter or olive oil with it), service is very adequate and friendly. We all had a decent pasta, gnocchi and lamb chops. We had some nice Antinori white wine accompanying our food. We took Tiramisu (very filling!) and ice cream as desert. All in all: nice place for an adequate lunch.

• Visited February 2014
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Do not eat here”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We sat in the outer balcony. The waitress only came to give us a menu and our meal, later and in between she never checked on us to see if we needed anything. The only other table in the balcony area was of what appeared to be (loud) off-duty staff.

The complimentary foccaccia was tasteless. Our food (escalope with mashed potatoes, and steak with saffron risotto) was terrible. The meat was tough and the risotto undercooked.

Throughout the meal, we were "treated" to the loud construction noise of workers at the pool area.

I would expect more from a "Mediterranean" restaurant, sadly, this restaurant was a failure.

Visited January 2014