“Good seafood & value for money”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #278 of 908 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our 1st experience at red lobster was great. It's in a good location, ample parking around.
Greeted & seated in a good spot by the window. They had a 99 QAR all you can eat shrimps buffet with varieties of shrimp preparation in the menu, but we decided to go for a la carte instead.
Great choice & variety I'm the menu. I settled for a beef steak & shrimp with mashed potatoes n veggies. My husband had lobster & shrimp plate with fries. Portion size was good, but not as much as in the US.
My steak was cooked to perfection like I wanted. Their juices & mocktail menu is also quite good. The duty manager came to check on us if everything was alright & I had seen him doing the same at other tables.
The servers are very friendly & chatted with us as it was our 1st time there.
Would like to visit again.

1  Thank Zareen15

Reviewed January 20, 2013

There once for a fantastic meal of king crab legs with baked potato and a basic garden salad with blue cheese dressing. Service was fantastic, food was hot and fabulous and the cheesy biscuits were just like in the US. The second visit was for the seafood trio. I had garlic shrimp (overcooked so they were little bullets and hard) flounder (kind of blah) and baby scallops (attached to one another and floating on a pool of water) Disappointing. My husband loves the creamy clam chowder and crab legs so he is very happy with it. We also had the shrimp linguine on a visit and that was tasty. We split the crab legs and linguini once and that was a good way to do it, to have a little of each. Most of the time there is no waiting and there are no reservations so that part is good. I debated between good and very good on the rating but ended up with a generous very good because it was really only the trio that brought the score down. Servers are learning the menus well and are trying hard to step it up so the experience is good. Wish them well in this new location. Glad they are in Doha.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Red Lobster in Doha is on the C Ring Road next to the PC One shop. It's a bit out of the way for a restaurant but easy to find and has plenty of parking spaces. If you love seafood then you should like this place. However, the food is cooked in the typical American diner-TGI Friday kind of way. NB: don't get the linguine - they use frozen prawns for this dish. The shirimp, scallop and lobster platter is probably their best dish.
The service seemed good at first but then the guy serving us just disappeared and we were left unattended for ages. In the end we had to call over one of the many waitresses that were milling around not doing much. Overall, we thought it was nothing special and we were let down by the service.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good restaurant for those who love shrimps and lobster. Food is good . Service is timely. Staff are friendly. Cheddar biscuits are so good. It is worth the visit.

1  Thank wh0208674
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Seafood is my weakness and they have the whole deal. Food is fabulous, try the crab legs and be prepared to use your fingers to really enjoy every bit of it. On the downside, service and cleanliness needs to be addressed.