“Mediocre”

Ranked #19 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Mediocre”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at Amari group of hotels ( first being in thailand) and this stay was ultimately average. Lets talk about the hotel now, first the pros. The staff is friendly and ready to help we were offered early checkin and welcomed by thai drinks. The private basement parking and swimming pool/gym area is very clean and properly managed. The rooms are spacious as well. The cons now, the room service is not upto a 4 star mark, the room service staff will arrange your room and keep the USED towels. Toiletatries will not be kept again after service until you personally call for it. The area is surrounded by buildings under construction, even thou we were at 7th floor, we were still disturbed by noises. The room service person will knock it door at 8:30am??. This is not a 4 star standard service especially with my last experience, i wont be staying under Amari again.

• Stayed April 2013
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable comments on your stay with Amari Doha.

We are terribly sorry to hear that your expectation didn’t meet since you have stayed with one of our sister properties in Thailand. Our aim to keep the Asian hospitality touch in all properties across the globe with same level of standard.

We have investigated on the highlighted part of your comments on keeping same towels and would like to inform you that Amari Hotels have an Environmental best practices and procedure on changing all linen in rooms. If guest hangs used towel, the housekeeping attendant may not change, but the towels will be definitely replaced at the same time if guest placed on the floor.

Pertaining to the toiletries, the standard with Amari Hotels is, when guest used more than half of the amenities, we place additional items beside the used amenity.

We really appreciate the comments on your stay with us and do hope that you will extend another chance to retain your expectation.

Kind regards
Amari Doha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a small problem at check in, we arrived about 1:30 pm and were told that there was still no room available, and we would have to wait about an hour. It's not very often you have to do a "late check in", but they were very friendly and offered us several drinks at the bar while waiting.
The hotel is new, opened last December. The room is great, good size, with new furniture and modern design.
The breakfast is superb.
But most important of all is that it belongs to a Thai hotel chain. All or most of the staff are Thai, and from the first moment you'll notice it for their kindness, education and desire to make your stay enjoyable. They always have a smile for you.
The location is good for the Souq Waqif and Corniche, are about 10 minutes walk. Anyway, you stay where you stay always need to catch a taxi to visit other parts of the city, and it's really hard to get one. The problem is that the price of the taxi with the meter is really cheap, and I guess they do not want to work for that price, so you always will be asked for a fixed price, much more than you would pay with the taximeter. Anyway, you can get a good price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bito22
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your stay experience with Amari Doha.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed our buffet breakfast, friendliness of associates and most importantly the “Thai Touch”.

We are utterly sorry to hear about the delay during your check in time. Please, accept our sincere apology as we strive to make our customers as satisfied with our services as possible.
Once again, thank you to spare the time for posting comments which will motivate us to work for the areas where the improvements require.

Look forward to welcoming you at Amari Doha in near future.

Best regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very good hotel close to the airport, good for business. Rates are VERY low compared to many other hotels in this category. Price and value is unbeatable. nice pool, good rooms, good internet and friendly staff. Will for sure go back here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JeppeSJ
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear JeppeSJ,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for your follow-up review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location close to the airport. As mentioned, in Amari Doha, the breeze spa, modern & comfortable room and notably friendly & helpful staffs are indeed make the difference from others.

We will certainly share your compliments with all of our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Anderslov, Sweden
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We found Amari Hotel in Doha very nice. The staff was wonderrful, the rooms very nice, the breakfast super and overall we had a very nice experience. We highley recommend this hotel! The hotel is in Thai-stil. The poolarea was also very nice, the pools were very warm and nice. They also had a spa department.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Magnus F
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mr. Friberg,

Thank you for the time to express the positive feedback and we are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the stay with us.

We, Amari Doha are keen to enhance the “Pure Asian Hospitality” in Doha and will continue to make sure the customers’ satisfaction up to the most.

Look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Best regards
Ummer Farook
Manager, Revenue Management
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here for three nights for tourist purposes. Chose this hotel due to the fact it was brand new.

Room: Room was nice, clean and large. The shower was about the best we ever experienced throughout the Middle East. In addition, it was family size, really big. Once comment to be made is that our first room was at the wing above the reception (facing the skyline). Even it was on the 9th floor, the sound and smell of the generator which is (hopefully for short term) placed outside in front of the reception, is very disturbing. The second night we moved to a room at the other wing where there was no sound or smell. Bed were not that comfortable. And there is a strange light at the wall that also shines at night and is a bit disturbing.

Facilities: Very nicely decorated, from café to restaurants from spa to reception. Swimming pool is quite small and accommodates about 6 loungers. Luckily there are small walls, so no view on the construction site. Nice view towards the Doha skyline. Music played at the pool could be a bit more relaxing.

Location: We were not too happy with the location. Is it right next to the Msheireb construction site and thus not a nice view. Also the near surrounding of the hotel does not look that inviting. Hailing a cab is next to impossible, but the hotel offers rides to malls, airport, etc. with private car. Souk Waqif is a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel, but not that pleasant to walk there in the evening.

Reception/Staff: Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Some small language misunderstandings during breakfast, but no big issue.

Breakfast: The breakfast was the least appealing from the hotels we stayed in the Middle East (and for sure the fruit juice selection is poor, compared to other hotels in the same category providing several freshly squeezed fruit juices). Having that said, everything was clean and you won’t get hungry.

Dinner: We had dinner twice at the hotel and can recommend it. Tasty dishes for reasonable prices.

Overall: A nice new hotel, friendly staff, nice restaurant for dinner. You may want to consider the location however, see above.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Helsinki1972,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Amari Doha.

First of all, our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused from the generator set during your stay. Please note that the hotel managed to secure the normal electricity connection from the authority since last week and generator will be removed within few days.

In regard to the breakfast, we looked in to your points seriously and consequently, changed the entire structure in terms of quality and varieties of food and we can now proudly assert that the current breakfast will stand out as one of the best buffets in town.

Apart from above, we are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the entire facilities including our friendly & helpful staffs of the hotel during your stay.

We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us and we do hope that we will have another chance to win back your trust. At Amari, our aim is to always exceed our guests’ expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Kind regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying in Amari hotels whilst travelling in Thailand and have always enjoyed the experience very much, so I decided that as I was going to be staying with friends in Doha that I would have one night in a hotel and to try the recently opened Amari Doha.

Upon arrival I was warmly welcomed and check-in was carried out in a polite and professional manner, where I was given a refreshing juice and ice cold scented towel which was very nice. There was a little confusion over the rate that I had booked, and one of the reasons I chose the hotel was that it was offering a special offer of a late checkout which I wished to avail of due to friends being at work. The rate was also supposed to offer an upgrade to the next room category however as I was wishing the late checkout I was told this was not possible.

The room was very nice, with a view towards the Corniche in the distance and the skyline in the distance. There was also a lot of building work taking place in the vicinity of the hotel, however on the whole I did not find this to be an issue. The concierge who assisted me to my room was excellent, very polite and friendly and told me a lot about the hotel. I can't remember his name however he was from Tunisia. The room was very spacious and bright with everything that one would need, which included I-pod docking station, tea/coffee making facilities, large wardrobes and a very nice bathroom. The drawback was the rain shower was not working, however the traditional shower was fine.

Breakfast was very nice, and the staff were readily on hand to assist, which as a person with a disability I greatly appreciated.

The roof top pool and leisure facilities were very nice, with a Turkish bath, sauna and Jacuzzi as well as nice terrace area. I was disappointed to find that there was no sun loungers available and that they had all been cleared away due to a private function. Whilst I appreciate that necessary arrangements need to be put in place to prepare for a function, I found that there being no sun loungers available disappointing especially as one of the other reasons that I chose the hotel was that it had a pool and a place that I could relax in the sun prior to staying at a friend's house. Due to my mobility issues though the pool was not ideal and was difficult to get in and out of.

The public areas are immaculate and everything is very clean and new and most staff were outstanding and could not do enough to assist.

Despite a few issues, overall I really enjoyed my time at the hotel, and would highly recommend it to others both for business and leisure and would consider staying here on my next visit to Doha.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Damian B, General Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Insel1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your times when staying in Amari properties in Thailand, and that this is why you chose to stay at Amari Doha. It was a pleasure to have you as out guest.

Thank you for the comments in regards to the staff and in particular the Concierge. I will be sure to pass this onto to Mohamed.

It sounds as though overall you enjoyed the room, the breakfast, and the rest of the hotel facilities including the rooftop. I do aplogize for the inconvenience caused in relation to the sun bed availability, and this is something that I have raised with my team for future events. I appreciate also the comments in regards to the check in process and your booking, and have also taken this up with my team. It is with constructive feedback like this, that we can work on improving our guest experience.

I hope that if the opportunity arises, and you have the chance of visiting Doha again, that we will be able to welcome you back to experience our warm Amari hospitality.

Kind Regards

Damian Ball
Doha
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked our wedding event at Amari Hotel Doha.

At first we are expecting a stereotype service as we usually get from the other hotels when we are attending some functions. We did not supervise everything and let the F&B team took over the matter as we are not expecting anything more.

But when our guests and ourselves went there to celebrate the wedding, everyone is amazed with the arrangement, especially the food. It's superb, taste very well and beyond compare. Since wedding event is something memorable, food services and it's arrangement gave us more something to remember.

The hotel has a restaurant in mezzanine floor. They call it Musheirib Restaurant wherein they are serving an excellent breakfast. A combination of Arabic, Thai & international cuisine.
you can also order on their A' la carte menu.. i would definitely recommend the THAI PAPAYA SALAD. Try it and you'll enjoy it..

Now, if you want to have some relaxation after a stressful day of work, you can sit and relax on their cozy lounge. They call it Al Jalsa Lounge. Have some delightful tea, coffee, fresh juices and a marvelous array of cakes..

The room is nice and cozy with an amazing interior with a very good rate..

Overall, we recommend this hotel for a couple, family and a group of friends to try and experience the food that they are catering..

Room Tip: no need to choose you can have a very good one on all sides of an angle..