“"Painkiller" Cocktails ”Smoking Negroni”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hakkasan

Hakkasan
Ranked #10 of 849 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hakkasan - Modern Chinese Cantonese Restaurant in Doha Cantonese feast for every sense. The restaurant features a main dining room, bar, Ling Ling Lounge and terrace as well as two private dining rooms. The space is separated by carved wooden screens and latticing that echo the rich interiors of its London flagship restaurant. Ling Ling Lounge is ideal for intimate gatherings and the bar & terrace offers extensive drink list. Menu includes signature Hakkasan dishes served alongside a set of dishes created especially for the Doha restaurant, such as the Stir-fried duck with wing bean and Shanghai fried lamb tenderloin. Brunch and dessert menus are available, as is Hakkasan’s award-winning wine list, signature cocktails and world-class cigars. ACCOLADES: Tripadvisor – Certificate of Excellence 2014 Tripadvisor – Certificate of Excellence 2015
Doha, Qatar
“"Painkiller" Cocktails ”Smoking Negroni”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

You drop in for a quick drink just to check it out and spend the whole evening there.
Smoking Negroni one of the best concoction i ever had after Buddar Bar In Dubai ,The drinks are quality mixed by young & professional bartenders with very good sense of humour.load your wallet to enjoy more drinks!!

1 Thank Joe blax M
Joel H, General Manager at Hakkasan, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Joe

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

I really do value your comments about the bar team and the quality of their cocktails as we do take a lot of pride our drinks preparation.

I hope to see you back in Hakkasan Doha soon.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Doha, Qatar
“great ambience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

great food and good ambience. the staff are friendly, but the prices are high. it seems to be the norm that hotel restaurants can just charge you extra for some reason, but I didn't think it was good value. otherwise all great.

• Visited May 2014
Joel H, General Manager at Hakkasan, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Alexander

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent visit and value your comments about the food and ambiance. I have also noted your comments about the prices as they are constantly reviewed based on fluctuating market prices.

I do hope that we will see you back in Hakkasan Doha soon.

Kind Regards

Qatar
“Excellent Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The food was amazing. The service was good, not as good as it should be. We had a drink at the bar first and when it got to the time of our booking we expected someone to come and take us to our table. They didn't so we had to go back to the reception. We sat at a nice table for 2 and were planning a romantic dinner for my husband's birthday. Unfortunately a party of 5 came in, didn't like where there table was so decided to sit at the table right next to ours. With the layout and open partition it meant they were approx 5 inches away from us. We requested to move - there was lots of room, but we shouldn't have had to move. My only other comment about waiting staff - they should know who has ordered what. They served my husband with the beef (he is vegetarian) and gave me the vegetarian dish. And the music was a bit too loud for my liking. That said, the food was perfect, well presented and beautifully cooked. Unfortunately I didn't have space in my tummy for a dessert. Shame as they all sounded fab!

Joel H, General Manager at Hakkasan, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear TinyTinks

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

While we are pleased to see you enjoyed the food, there were a few aspects of your evening you were unhappy with for which I apologize.
We have already sent you a personal e-mail in that regard and are looking forward to seeing you back in Hakkasan Doha soon.

Joel Hjalmarsson
“Not as good as I expected!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for our anniversary. I have heard about it that it's one of the best Chinese restaurants in Doha.

As we entered, we were impressed by the entrance, interior designs and ambience. To be honest is loved the decor! We sat and were served well.
The staff was polite, and they were just doing fine until 1 thing which happened to my husband that made us not really satisfied.

When he called the restaurant to book a place for two and told them it's our anniversary, He asked for a small cake or a dessert with a candle and written happy anniversary on the plate (like he did last yr, and it was done professionally in the other restaurant) Unfortunately, they forgot! And didn't show up with the cake at all.
When he asked the waiter for the cake and made sure I didn't hear that, the waiter got him the check!!!
So that pissed him off and went to remind them of the cake and the waitress's reply was like I'm sorry and I will get it now... Blah blah..

They served it really well, but the point is that both of us weren't happy with what happened...

As for the food, the food was nice, not bad at all but so over priced compared to the quality of food!

The dessert they got for us for our anniversary was the chocolate fondant, and this was exquisite!
I might sum up that The chocolate fondant was the best out of all the plates we ordered!

Qatar
“Great night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had a wonderful time in Hakkasan...the ambiance is fabulous, food was very good and the service attentive but not intrusive. We will come back even though is very expensive!

Joel H, General Manager at Hakkasan, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear MaiteQatar

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening and appreciate your comment about the ambiance and the attentive service.
Hope to see you back for some more great food!