“Superb level was reached in Doha”
Review of Hakkasan

Hakkasan
Ranked #49 of 987 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hakkasan - Modern Chinese Cantonese Restaurant in Doha Cantonese feast for every sense. The restaurant features a main dining room, bar, Ling Ling Lounge and terrace as well as two private dining rooms. The space is separated by carved wooden screens and latticing that echo the rich interiors of its London flagship restaurant. Ling Ling Lounge is ideal for intimate gatherings and the bar & terrace offers extensive drink list. Menu includes signature Hakkasan dishes served alongside a set of dishes created especially for the Doha restaurant, such as the Stir-fried duck with wing bean and Shanghai fried lamb tenderloin. Brunch and dessert menus are available, as is Hakkasan’s award-winning wine list, signature cocktails and world-class cigars. ACCOLADES: Tripadvisor – Certificate of Excellence 2014 Tripadvisor – Certificate of Excellence 2015
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This place is WOW! Rarely I have found a place like this in Doha.
Apart from the funky ambience, the bar where you can sip a glass of wine while waiting for your table, and service is excellent, the food was a great surprise.
I knew it was good, because everyone spoke well about it, but something is to hear and something else is to try!
It was original, it was delicious, both meat based dishes and fish ones.
Really great desert (the lime merengue one was the delicious conclusion of the meal!).

It is expensive but at least, compared to the other places in Doha, it was for something completely satisfactory. I hope it will not go down....because Doha's trend is that some top restaurants start really well but they tend to go down after a year from the opening.....so hope Hakkasan proofs that I am wrong this time!
Will go back surely.

Joel H, General Manager at Hakkasan, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear basbusa

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear how you enjoyed your entire experience from the bar to your overall meal. Having been open for over a year, it is pleasing to read comments such as yours and I assure you, Hakkasan is determined to maintain its high standards and excellence for years to come.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is a great place to try lovely well cooked food. The duck roll incredible, a bit expensive especially the wine. Service was good and staff knowledgable about the menu.

Dear Jackie O

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Hakkasan. Your comments about the food and service have been shared with the team and we really appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Food was exceptional, service excellent and atmosphere pumping. A little noisy for a romantic dinner for two, however, none the less we had a wonderful time. Wines were incredible and sommelier most knowledgeable. Although a little expensive, it was worth it. We left more than satisfied and highly recommend it.

Dear Michele K

I am please to hear that you enjoyed your romantic dinner with us. A future tip is to request a table on the terrace should weather permit. Set in a lush garden, it is a bit more spacious than inside providing more privacy and the atmosphere is a bit calmer.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Visited Hakkasan for dinner. The quality of the food is exceptional, the Duck is the best I have ever tasted anywhere. The entire experience from the cocktail bar offerings to the main meal in the restaurant is amazing. Staff are very efficient, knowledgeable and friendly. Especially the Sommelier, his wine selection for our meal was perfect. From the Lobster Soup, Dim Sum, and Main Course of Duck with Singapore Noodles, I felt I was in food heaven.
Music, lighting and general atmosphere are also perfect. Overall, an expensive meal, even by Qatar standards, but worth every penny [ Riyal ]. For a special occasion, I would highly recommend Hakkasan.

Dear allan c

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience, from the cocktail bar, the sommelier and the food. I am particularly pleased by your comment about how much you enjoyed the duck as it is one of our signature dishes.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was one of our best restaurant experiences in Doha. The restaurant is located on the beautiful St. Regis property - worth a visit just to see the place. This restaurant was recommended to us by someone I was doing business with as an excellent 5-star restaurant with vegetarian choices (which is important for my wife and I). Well, the recommendation was right!

Hakkasan has a separate vegetarian menu, but you need to ask for it, and there are mistakes on both the standard menu and the vegetarian menu, so definitely as your server for clarifications. Some items are not marked as vegetarian, even though they are, or could be made to be vegetarian. The number of vegetarian choices are extensive for a Doha restaurant.

We ordered the lettuce wraps, the stir fry lotus root with asparagus, and the tofu, aubergine, and mushroom clay pot. Each dish had wonderfully unique flavors, complementing each other quite well. Each dish was perfectly cooked and seasoned.

The service was quite good, we felt almost pampered without having someone hovering over us. The wait staff seemed to anticipate our needs and kept our glasses full, and refilled our plates at just the right times. But, like most restaurants, they take a long time to bring the bill, and it seems to be difficult to get someone's attention after you have finished the meal and are ready to leave.

Overall, a great meal and wonderful experience.

Dear GeorgeReis

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dinner with us, and I am particularly happy to know that the selection of vegetarian dishes on the menu was to your satisfaction.