“A real cocktail bar!!!”

Hakkasan
Ranked #13 of 921 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hakkasan - Modern Chinese Cantonese Restaurant in Doha Cantonese feast for every sense. The restaurant features a main dining room, bar, Ling Ling Lounge and terrace as well as two private dining rooms. The space is separated by carved wooden screens and latticing that echo the rich interiors of its London flagship restaurant. Ling Ling Lounge is ideal for intimate gatherings and the bar & terrace offers extensive drink list. Menu includes signature Hakkasan dishes served alongside a set of dishes created especially for the Doha restaurant, such as the Stir-fried duck with wing bean and Shanghai fried lamb tenderloin. Brunch and dessert menus are available, as is Hakkasan’s award-winning wine list, signature cocktails and world-class cigars. ACCOLADES: Tripadvisor – Certificate of Excellence 2014 Tripadvisor – Certificate of Excellence 2015
Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a beautiful venue!!!! Get your taxi to drop you off not at hotel front, but down and to the left of the hotel. Greeting was great and ushered to the bar, which for Doha is just stunning! We really miss a great cocktail bar, we come from a city with very very good cocktails, quiet places, sip on a couple, $30USD a drink, premium spirits and premium preparation, we were missing this in Doha, no where does real drinks made with expert hands until now! The glassware is visually stunning and so are the garnishes, try the smokey negroni (70QAR) which comes with a billiard ball ice cube (ask the barman nicely and he will show you how it's made!). For the ladies you have to try the The Long Dragon, the glassware bowl was awesome and very tasty and somewhat light in calories! The staff were excellent, being able to chat about drinks, ingredients, where they are from, how they are made again was really nice, look out for the English barman, nice guy and a breath of fresh air in the Doha bar scene. On to the food scene we love Cantonese food! We were reluctant after visiting Hong Kong this and trying a pork and truffle soup dumpling, we said it was so perfect, we aren't eating another dumpling, it will never come close. But who can resist dumplings? It's heaven in a mouthful. The Hakka dim sum platter (95QAR) was a triumph of flavour, the har gau had the perfect snap of fresh prawn, the sweetness of the scallop shumai irresistible and a highlight. Loved the hot and sour soup with chicken (45QAR), so balanced, so good and in my opinion much better than the mushroom clear soup which was a little on the bland side but I did love the umami almost fatty richness. For mains we had the tea smoked duck (95QAR) which again was lovely and not too over powering, the claypot chicken (95QAR) in my opinion had been over brined or over velveted so the texture was too sqeeky and rubbery against the teeth, the flavoursome sauce around it was good though. We really enjoyed talking with Ravi the sommelier, he can be a little shy at first, but once you get him started you can see his passion for wine. All in all, we will be back. No need to dine every time, just go to the bar for a real drink in a nice modern envionment. Love it!!!!!

Dear sumo_trades

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent experience at Hakkasan Doha.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience, and I am particularly pleased about your comments about Ravi, he Head Sommelier and Andrew, the Bar Manager.

My team and I hope to welcome you again soon, and are looking forward to many positive feedbacks from you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been twice to Hakkasan Doha. One of a kind in the Doha F&B scene.

Very good....however the first time was way better than this one. I went this time on a Monday night found the duck rolls slightly better before (less greasy) and the Green classical cocktail with kiwi a bit less interesting this time.

The first time was 3 months ago and it took me and friends a Wow...the same for the experience in Hakka Dubai....this time it was not excellent...eventhough the prices are in the excellent range (370 QR / pax for few appetizers, 1 cocktail and main course).

I noticed the bar manager, Andrew Mallins, a pro, was not making the cocktails this time which is the reason why it didnt come as before...

I suppose the kitchen chef was also off that night and eventually the manager too as there was some minor details that didnt quite excel. (a lovely cleaning maid sitting at the entrance may not be the best first impression...

Attention to the management....These brands win customers by being consistent...and this time it wasnt hence have my doubts.

The restaurant was also not that busy that night which is usually not the norm as it gets very busy and to get a table without reservation is a challenge.

I STILL RECOMMEND

Dear Joaocravo

Thank you very much for posting your feedback regarding your recent experience at Hakkasan Doha.

I am disappointed that we did not live up to your expectation and experience from your first visit to Hakkasan Doha. Rest assured that we take all our guest comments seriously and I have discussed your comments with the management team in order to improve our general guest experience in the future.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to Hakkasan Doha soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The magic started at the door entrance which is a piece of art by itself.it the outdoor area ws amazing at this time of year.we heard about the extremely high coast per person! Not at all! We were a party of three and tries more then 7 dishes.average price 130$per person with moderate alcohoh.I surely would go again for the dumplings, the wagyu and the noodles.classy way to eat good chinese.

Dear Z-BOSS

Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your recent visit to Hakkasan Doha.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your evening, and am particularly delighted to know that you enjoyed our Dim Sum and the Wagyu beef.

It seems you tried quite a selection from our menu and it is great to read that you had such a pleasant experience.

We hope to welcome you back to Hakkasan soon.

Restaurnt Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This can compete with just about every other mid-to-high range restaurant in Doha. We went for the dumplings and their amazing duck salad and were not disappointed. Sure, there were the typical Doha waitstaff glitches, but anyone living in this region for more than 3 months should be used to it. Will definitely go back again for more dim sum.

1  Thank AntoDC

Dear AntoDC

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent visit to Hakkasan Doha.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your experience with us, and I am particularly please that you enjoyed some of our signature dishes such as the Crispy duck salad and the Dim Sum.

We hope to welcome you back to Hakkasan soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The arrival is great and the restaurant is stunning. We've been there three times since they opened so my review is based on several visits.

Decor is not all!

Food was good but not consistently so, ok, they just opened. Unfortunately the quality was varied and the same dishes never tasted the same on each visit, same with the presentation.

Service was friendly but artificial, wrong orders on more than one occasion.

The place is privet, as expected, but coupled with the service experience and quality of food definitely overpriced.

The bar is too narrow, if you're a group of people it's inconvenient.

Lets give them some more time to settle, then we will return again and try. But take your credit card with you...,

1  Thank Abu-Ashley

Dear Abu-Ashley

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent visits to Hakkasan Doha.

I am disappointed to hear that we did not live up to your expectations on your last few visits.
At Hakkasan we endeavor to deliver excellent customer service coupled with high quality food, and there is nothing we value more than consistency in our service delivery.

Should you wish to discuss your comments further, please do contact me on hakkasan.doha@stregis.com and I would be happy to address it with you directly.