“Good food, hospitable staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Yee Hwa Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 839 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic Japanese and Korean cuisine offering ALL you can eat sushi on Sundays and ALL you can eat Korean BBQ every Mondays and Wednesdays.The most extensive sushi rolls menu available.Korean BBQ grill on each table.
Doha, Qatar
“Good food, hospitable staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Good food, worth the wait of 15 minutes to get a table available. Clean restau, good ambiance, best for dinner with friends and family. The place gets packed so it can get a bit noisy, just like any other restaurants. Price is average / reasonable of what you can get, we paid 400Qr for 5 persons. Staff are courteous / hospitable. I'll recommend this place.

2 Thank Bluespark_22

• Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
“Great food, but ruined by poor service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

The servers seemed to take really good care of one table in the center of the restaurant (their friends maybe?) and largely ignored everyone else.

To get the servers' attention, we had to either leave the table to find them behind the bar or wave our arms in the air repeatedly. Even this didn't work well as the servers just pretended to not have seen us.

After finishing our meal, we waited with dirty plates on our table (and all of the tables all around us from earlier diners) for thirty minutes, all the while trying to get the servers attention, before standing and waiting by the cash register in the front of the restaurant. After waiting for 10 minutes, with the servers pretending to not see us standing and waving at them, I again went to find someone and asked them if they wanted us to pay for our meal or not.

5 minutes later they produced a handwritten bill, with errors on it.

I left my phone number and asked to be contacted by the manager, but this never happened.

This is a real shame. Korean food there was very good, but better front of house management is definitely needed if they would like my repeat business.

Not sure if I'll go back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rogersisinbrno
“great place for food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

nice place for Sushi (fresh) and other Japanese and Korean delights. The food is great the service is fast and friendly and the prices are no so bad in comparison.
easy to find and a great stop for lunch as well.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Very tasty japanese restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have eaten on thursday at Yee Hwa restaurant. I have had to wait for the table, because I had not booked it in advance and the restaurant is apparently always crowded on thursdays and fridays. I have appreciated the appetizers, offered by the restaurant, and the Japanese food I have tried. The choice is definitely very wide and I would like to go back there to try more dishes. Last time I only tasted some rolls and sushi : very tasteful and creative ! The restaurant is not so cheap in average, but this is typical of Japanese restaurants.

• Visited May 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Please This Place is Awful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice and have to say it was very bad both times. I am actually Korean and have lived in Seoul and also in the US and have tried many Korean restaurants.

Food is not very good and the service is average. I know there is not much competition in Doha given the limited number of Korean restaurants but they need to improve food quality and they need to update the flavor. This place would be out of business if it was located in Los Angeles or Seoul.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Michael C
Kimchimoon, General Manager at Yee Hwa Restaurant, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Micheal C,

Thank you for your review of us on this website.

As you may know as a Korean living in Qatar there are great difficulties in arranging for authentic ingredients and we are trying our best with what's available. This would not be true for Korea or LA where the largest Korean diaspora lives.

We will continue to do our best to try and introduce the best Korean and Japanese food to our customers.

Thank you for sharing your experiences from which we can better understand your perspectives. We appreciate your time to share your experiences.

Sincerely yours,