Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsal jasrasouq waqifla piazzafalcon hospitalmuseum of islamic artsister hotelarabic coffeearabic stylebeautiful roomthe location is perfectnice breakfastother hotelsqatar airwaysswimming poolcoffee machinebeautiful hotelshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I specially looked at the pictures on booking.com to see if the hotel has a pool. And there are a few very nice pool fotos. But the pool is in the hotel next door. Which is just not the same.
I called for a cab at the front desk. No problem they said. When I was downstairs, she said that she could not call a cab. Hu? Why not? Another front desk employee then told me the other day, after I asked for another cab and mentioned this episode, that calling for cabs is difficult, but the limo service works well and is cheap too. Would have been nice if the first employee would have said that too.
Also, a city map seems to be too much to ask for.

Otherwise very beautifully made.Great rooms, nice breakfast. Good location right by the medina.

Room Tip: The higher up the better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rblaettler
SWBH D, Manager at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am very sorry to learn that your experience with us was not up to your liking. I will be looking personally into your feedback as such feedback is the only way for us to improve.

We will do our utmost to make your next stay with us memorable and apologies for any inconvenience.

Looking forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We loved this cosy hotel right next to Souq Waqif, yet very quiet, in retreat from all the buzz. Friendly, professional staff, spacious impeccable room with a view over the MIA and the city skyline. A great address.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jaime M
SWBH D, Manager at Souq Waqif Boutique Hotels by Tivoli, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I appreciate the positive notes about our staff and amenities and i am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad that we were able to make your stay with us memorable and looking forward to welcome you with us again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

An oasis of calm and friendly service.

The Hotel is small but comfortable. Other reviewers have commented on the family feel and this is an advantage for anyone who hates corporate hotels. The temptation is to bully one's family to come and join you to make the whole experience even more enjoyable.

Souq Waqif is just outside (and the stables!) and well worth a wander.

In response to others points there is no pool but there are other SWB Hotels nearby that may help you with this. The area is a dry area so do not expect alcohol.

Manager and staff are exceptional

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view over the bay - one of the better views in Doha
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I appreciate the positive notes about our staff and i am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Hotel is really "tiny" but very gorgeous and comfortable with family feeling and very friendly stuff. Service was just perfect. I really enjoyed breakfast! I didn't miss anything on my table :) Thanks to location I had beautiful view on Doha's skyline and just few steps to souq to enjoy evening. Otherwise parking was little tough but fortunately we never had a problem to get out with our car. This hotel hotel doesn't have any pool or spa possibilities but good feature for guest like me - who like to enjoy sun or get treated - is that you can visit any of this possibilities in other SWB Hotel which you find in close neighborhood. The cherry on the top was a little (but worth) surprise from hotel in the form of trip to harbor and sailing around Doha bay at beautiful traditional arab boat :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MirMima
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Check-in should have been quick, but through no fault of the lady at the front desk, who was very helpful and pleasant, the debit machine was uncooperative.

We were lead to our rooms and we were quite impressed with the general layout and decor of the hotel and room. The room was spacious with high ceilings and arabesque setting, furnishings and decor.

There was a large 40 inch lcd and a mini bar sans alcohol likely secondary to being Ramadan.

The bathroom was nice and it had a large stall for a shower with tow seperate water heads. It was nice, but the big issue was the water was nearly scalding hot. My friend made mention of it, and when I tried it, it was the same. I should have called the front desk to address this issue, as it was even hotter the next morning.

The room has excellent curtains allowing us to sleep in late, not allowing any sunshine in!

The bed was big and comfy for two. No issues there.

Breakfast was included, but we overslept and weren't able to take advantage of that.

Check out was quick.

Parking was cost free and directly next to the hotel.

Would certainly recommend and return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple