“Beautiful Blue”

$58.00*
Msherieb Museums and Souq Waqif Tour
Ranked #3 of 110 things to do in Doha
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I remember when I first arrived in Doha in 2007 and took the wrong bus! I thought I was on the bus heading for City Centre Mall but find myself at the other end of the city near to the Soukhs. It was no problem. I wandered down some interesting streets and found myself on the Corniche near to the Dhow Harbour. Looking up I could see the Sheraton hotel in the distance at what was straight across the diameter of the semicircle that forms the Doha Corniche.
It was about 4 pm with a gorgeous blue sky and a cool sea breeze coming in so the prospect of walking appealed to me. The great thing is there are distance markers all along so you can track your progress!
The things that stood out most were the unbelievable turquoise of the sea, the Dhows and the constant hum of the traffic on the road. It is a great place to walk; there are many places to stop and watch the world go by. Over the years the view toward the Sheraton has changed dramatically as the skyline in West Bay has developed to rival Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
But each time I walk there it is the blue of the sea that draws my attention; the sea that could take me home if I were to launch a yacht and meander back to Liverpool.

2  Thank PPMalone

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have enjoyed the Corniche very well. its a great outdoor activity park, along the city
alot of families with kids great place for picnic and family outing. they should add few stores to buy water because each time i went to the little vending machine they were out of water.
But this is totally a place to enjoy and i will recommend., its safe its clean

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Don't miss your early morning or late evening walk or run along the Corniche. a lovely 7 kms stretch without too many people around, makes for a good run. Unlike other gulf countries, the heat in Doha is relatively bearable and humidity low.

1  Thank Amment
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Corniche is the beautiful bay side road, park and walking path. It is the heart of Doha and in the evenings and on the weekends it is full of people enjoying the outdoors, the grass, the breezes and the amazing people watching.

The hike from end to end is about 7.5 kilometers and is a great two hour hike if you do it round trip.

Have fun.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

As a pedestrian, you take you life in your hands to access this, and then ok it is May, but is is just a ho hum fore shore that's hot. All the seating is in the full sun??? it was nice to watch the Dhows