“Pleasant ”
Review of Trader Vic's

Trader Vic's
Ranked #50 of 857 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Bar, International, Asian, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex
“Pleasant ”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Nice location, good food but limited menu, nice outdoor area for drinking but felt security guard was watching our every move!

TV_Team, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear daisy4223,

Thank you for your kind and valuable feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services. As for your comment regarding the menu varieties please rest assure that we will utilize it to improve our offerings. On behalf of the whole trader Vic’s team I would like to welcome you back soon.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Not acceptable for large groups of "drinkers"”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I reserved a party of 15 people to Trader Vic's for my birthday in June 2014.

Trader Vic's looks great, the atmosphere is friendly, the noise level has a nice buzz to it. The drinks taste wonderful, and are mostly for a different palette from other bars in Doha. (Think summer in Aruba, lots of Rum based.)

As far as the food goes, I would recommend staying away from all of their saucy-Asian dishes as they are on par with Carrefour microwave dinners. Extremely light on the meat, and poor quality meat at that, soggy vegetables and too much generic sauce. I think with the amount of Thai, Filipino and Malaysian workers available in Qatar, they should hire a Executive Chef from one of those countries and let him taste the $15-$40 USD plates of food that they consider "Asian".

The staff were friendly but not organized. We had approximately 5-7 different waiters in our area, but no one waiter wanted to take the lead on our large party.

After 1 hour and only 1 round of drinks, my party was all disappointed and talking about moving to a more responsive bar. However, I liked the atmosphere and the band was about to begin playing dance music.

I approached the manager and asked if my party of 15 could have 1 designated waiter for our party, because we would be purchasing many HUNDREDS of dollars of alcohol throughout the night. The manager did not entertain my request, as two of his Filipina employees (and they understood my request clearly) looked at him as if to say, "you should do this if you want to make money." I think the manager told me okay, but we never saw the same name tag again at our table all night.

Trader Vic's now has 15 ex-pats that are telling their friends not to go to Trader Vic's for drinks, because in about three hours we had two rounds. The manager was also not helpful.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Redclaychutney
TV_Team, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Redclaychutney,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback and I am happy that you enjoyed the drinks and atmosphere.

On another note, I am very sorry to hear about your experience regarding the food and staff. Rest assure that we will use this feedback to improve our services. I will personally discuss these matters with the Trader Vic’s Management.

As we hope to welcome you back to our restaurant, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on Frederik.wisselink@hilton.com

St. John's, Canada
“Happy Hour and DInner”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Service was quite good. Food was just fine for the price. A varied menu that has something for most anyone. Outdoors is perfect for drinks with a view that is a lovely backdrop for photo's.

TV_Team, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear GosseyDoha,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services and atmosphere. On behalf of the whole Trader Vic’s team I would like to welcome you back again in our restaurant.

Doha, Qatar
“Food Qaulity”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and i went to the restaurant on Saturday, June 14th, 2014 to celebrate Fathers Day.

We got there and had a nice stroll from the lobby of the hotel to the restaurant which was situated on the water. Sat down and waited while the waiter came to serve us. This he did very well. The overall experience was good.

My wife chose a chicken dish and i had the curry lamb. The meal went well and within half an hour to 45 minutes of leaving the restaurant i had severe stomach upset and griping. I ended up with vomiting and diahrea that night. I went to the hospital and had a course of medication and sick leave that week.

I am now able to get over it enough to write about it. I will definitely think twice before going back here again to eat a meal. Something is either wrong with the preparation of the food or wrong with the storage of the food or both.

TV_Team, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear bigsteve402,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I regret to hear about your sick leave. Rest assure that we have a very strict food safety management system in place and I would be more than happy to provide you more details regarding your concern. Please feel free to contact me directly for further information.

You may reach me at Frederik.Wisselink@Hilton.com

Doha, Qatar
“Best cocktails in Doha!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

They have the Best bartenders in Doha, drinks are superb and fast. The atmosphere is nice regardless if the live band is playing or not. Those Puka puka’s and Maitai’s are the best!

JohnAllan_TV, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear EatYourWayThrough,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services and the atmosphere. On behalf of the whole teamwe hope to welcome you back soon in our Trader Vic’s restaurant.

Trader Vic’s Team