“Would be fun if it was busy,”
Review of Trader Vic's

Ranked #101 of 970 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: American, Asian, Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went to TV as it was easy and right near our hotel. We had been in the London one many times, and it was cosy and atmospheric. This one is quite large and it wasn't busy at all on a Sunday night,
The service was fine, despite reading other reviews, and didn't have to wait long for anything. We had a couple of rounds of nice cocktails, Bahia! a nice sweet one! like a piña colada type drink . We ordered the sea bass fillets and the lamb chops. Both came as described , and cooked as asked. No problem with the food .
the music is very dated, not sure if they change it regularly as other people haven't commented, but it was like going I back in time, with music like from the 70's/80's. It did make us laugh though, or was the the cocktails working their magic!!!
If this place was full, it could have a real buzz about it, but sadly on the night we were there, it was flat!

Matthias M, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2015

Dear sunseekerli123,

thank you for taking the time to rate us!
Please contact us at matthias.muller@hilton.com on your next return, as many things have changed since your last review!

Matthias Mueller-Thies
Manager

Reviewed September 14, 2013

A great night out away from the noise of the city centre and shopping malls for meals. Atmosphere was great, background (taped) music then live music from 9p.m.
Rum keg for 4 people is excellent for 2! Food was excellent, recommend the Volcano Prawns - superb, service very attentive, friendly and efficient.
Prices very reasonable for a city centre hotel both in Qatar & anywhere worldwide.
Alcohol similar pricing to other hotels in Qatar.
Will definitely use as my local as only a 5 minute walk from Regency Residences.

Matthias M, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Dear Ian C,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Trader. Please give us a call at 4423-3118 and we will take care of you!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I love the glasses and sizes of cocktails been served. Tiki puka puka is definitely my first choice. Food is good. I think it is the only place in Doha that does not allow people to smoke inside the restaurant - my first non-smoky and clean experience in the city. Music is fabulous. Found another good place being new in the city.

Dear David C,

Thank you for your great feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Trader.
Please give us a call at 4423-3118 and we will take care of you!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

been here for two times, w/ my friends, nice to sit and have a drink and chat w/ group of friends but a bit boring for me, though their drinks was amazing!!! i had their famous tiki puka puka and it was so huge that i couldn't finish the 1st glass,i like their signature mai thai, it was amazing, service was amazing, over all the whole night was great.

Andy0714,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Trader.
Please give us a call at 4423-3118 and we will take care of you as we did before!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Seriously disappointing. I think the setting is nice, but the service is average - as is the food. It was a very ordinary experience which was expensive. I will use it again but only because it is hugely convenient when staying in the Hilton - which I generally do. Pity. I think if the staff showed more enthusiasm for their job, it would be a much better experience. Has some way to go though.

Dear Phil K,

I am terribly sorry to read about your experience with us in the past.
Upon your next return to Doha, or in the case you are still in town, please give us another chance and try out our NEW COCKTAIL and DINNER MENU which we will introduce APRIL 1ST 2015.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for us to come up with the right solution at matthias.muller@hilton.com

all the best,