“Great band, fun place”

Cuisines: American, Asian, Polynesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Rightly famous for the cocktails, which come in an amusing variety of containers. Bar food is very ordinary, so don't go there hungry. The band was excellent and the atmosphere fun and friendly. Recommended.

Matthias M, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Dear frequentflyer990,

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Trader.
Please give us a call at 4423-3118 and we will take care of you as we did before!

There are newer reviews for Trader Vic's

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My team and I were at the Hilton for a day of mid-year planning and decided to finish the day off with a snack and a drink at the hotel's Trader Vic's. It was a good decision. Reception staff was nice. The light appetizers were good and the non-alcoholic drinks were refreshing.

Dear WaelD,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food at Trader Vic's is adequately good, not exciting and expensive. The atmosphere is strangely dated (has a 1970s bamboo room feel to it). The service is good. Overall it is just an average experience.

Dear DohaInternational,

I am sorry to read that your experience did not live up to expectation with us in the past.
Upon your next return to Doha, or in the case you are still in town, please give us another chance and try out our NEW COCKTAIL and DINNER MENU which we will introduce APRIL 1ST 2015.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for us to come up with the right solution at matthias.muller@hilton.com

all the best,
Matthias MT,
Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great venue for strong cocktails lovers, try mai tai and Tika puka puka or Zombie, for the food steamed seabass filet or canadian lobster will be on of the best choice for you to try.
The ambiance is excellent and the cuban band will make your night a memorable one

Dear lucky7seven,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Group of 6 went for dinner and drinks. Good atmosphere in this popular spot. Having eaten in both Bahrain and Dubai locations, I expected a similar standard, but I was clearly not going to get that. Loud music blasted all over the restaurant, several "happy birthdays" bellowed, this didn't add to the fact the the food was of a poor standard. Starters, one of us had tidings, all sorts deep fried in oil and dips with hoi sin and mustard. Two of us had salads, in which the lettuce looked days old and the salads were soaked in dressing, awful. Another had soup, which was average. Mains were not much better, one of us had overcooked "tough as old boots" duck. I had a seafood dish which came with butter, I had specifically asked the waiter to keep the butter on the side but my dish came swimming in butter, it spoiled the seafood. The bill for 6 incl alcohol was 2400qr extremely expensive for terrible food. I love the atmosphere in this bar/restaurant but will never return for food. Don't expect the standards of Dubai or Bahrain here, they have a long way to go. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant at all, very overpriced. However I gave a 2/5 for location and atmosphere, food quality was appalling, and overpriced.

Dear holly74limerick,

I am terribly sorry to read about your experience with us in the past.
Upon your next return to Doha, or if you are still here, please give us another chance and try out our NEW COCKTAIL and DINNER MENU which we will introduce APRIL 1ST 2015.

all the best,