“very nice business lunch”

Opal by Gordon Ramsay at The St. Regis Doha
Ranked #36 of 895 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Gorgeous simple tasty dishes, good value mid week lunch. Not terribly hurried, but doha on a different time table than the rest of the world. Halloumi salad lovely, as we're the unusual tamarind chicken wings, different from your normal smoky deep fried chicken wings, thumbs up ! Main course for me fish, again very tastefully presented. Another dish that was mouth watering beef wagu lovely charcoal flavour from it. Dessert was the ice cream and indulgent Eton mess. Mmm will be back for another taster.

There are newer reviews for Opal by Gordon Ramsay at The St. Regis Doha

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having been to a few Ramsey restaurants back home, my expectations are generally high. His St Regis Doha, Opal Brunch sadly was a million miles from my expectations, and at the time I classed it as one of the worst I'd had.
I've seen glowing reviews for the Croque Monsieur...it was average at best, and come on, it's GR!!! I can make that at home, why on earth would I go to opal for a cheese and ham toastie! A number of egg dishes...penne pasta....mini burgers...the list goes on. Not exactly fine dining. One choice of beer, one choice of wine, one choice of cocktail (the worst mojito ever...and I tried 2 to make sure)..the wine was actually ok. Big group...so we all shared, so a la carte it certainly wasn't. Maybe as smaller groups working off an a la carte menu the experience would be better.
Service was decent and professional. Price is competitive, but I don't think you'll find many people who wouldn't be happy to pay more and get better quality food and drinks. I don't go to Ramsey for a cheap/average meal, I go to be impressed.
Overall, I won't be returning. There are plenty of far better brunches in town, though at least it's been ticked off the list. I can't believe that if the man himself had been there, he'd have had a stroke.

4  Thank JamesT2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Opal for Friday Brunch, Although the food wasn't really to my taste, the service & staff where first class! Especially "Kartick" we found him to be very helpful, always had a smile on his face, nothing was a problem, we really appreciated his pleasant manner.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Overlooks the Arabian Sea, well thought after menu, comfortable, great wine selection, especially great for anniversaries, couples.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Visited the Opal for Friday brunch. Lovely setting, excellent service and having an a la carte menu is different for the Friday brunch scene.You can chose as many courses as you like. I was however disapointed with the menu. The Croque monsieur was dry around the edges and seemed to be a 'filler' as was bruschetta, couscous salad and the penne. Desert wasn't much better French toast with maple syrup, seemed like another way to disguise bread. Given there is so much delicious fish in Doha this is sadly lacking in the menu, crab cakes are uninspiring, only red snapper raised the game. I did have an enjoyable brunch but won't be rushing back.