“Great business lunch place”
Review of Nusantao - CLOSED

Nusantao
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I tried the seared Kobe beef roll with balsamic rice and the chicken bam bam, both were excellent. My colleague had the Bento box option that was a winner as well. Menu is pan Asian so has a little bit of everything.

Atmosphere is very W-like with moody lighting, edgy design and vibe. Service was excellent, great outdoor seating as well.

Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Nusantao, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for posting a review of your dining experience in Nusantao.

I am pleased to know that you had an excellent dining experience and that you had enjoyed your Kobe beef and our famous Bento Box.

We truly are looking forward to welcoming you back for another delicious Asian dining experience.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

It was my first time in Nusantao restaurant located at the Four Seasons Hotel in Doha.
It was a lunch on Saturday, so we decided for the terrace, which is very nice, close to the private beach of the hotel.
There were two choices, three courses menu 130 QR (appetizer, soup and main course) or a variated menu with appetizer, soup, main course, dessert for one dish 55QR, two dishes 75QR and three dishes 110QR.
Our choice was two appetizers, Chicken Ban Ban - Shredded Chicken, Spicy Sesame Sauce (very hot) and Pangsit Goring - Crispy Chicken And Prawn Wrap.
And two main courses: Khao Soi Gai - Thai Yellow Chicken Curry with Noodles and Dory Fish Tikka - Yoghurt, Red Chili
Both were delicious!!!!
With two beers we only paid an amount of 250QR in the Four Seasons!!!

No doubt we will come back. Next time for dinner, because I think this restaurant, inside and outside is worth it by night.

Only a negative issue, the waiter forgot to bring us a beer required. He apologized.

Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Nusantao, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor regarding your dining experience at Nusantao.

It was wonderful to know that you enjoyed the great food and service we offer; it is always a pleasure having you and looking forward to your future visits at the restaurant.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Amazing display of culinary choices...we certainly enjoyed the Asian delicacies. Wonderful evening. Thanks guys!

Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Nusantao, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

It is great to know that you have enjoyed dining with us and that you appreciated our Asian delicacies.

Looking forward to have you back for more visits and another excellent experiences.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Mt wife and I went to this place because we lived in Hilton next door and want something spicy. We sat outside and the ambiance was very nice but for us the food is more important than the place. We knew this is Four Seasons and expect to pay high prices but we also expect high quality food. We order soft shell crab salad, the crab has no meat in it, all we can taste was batter and crab shells, the salad has too much dressing and was very salty. Next dish is Thai yellow curry with prawns. In our dictionary, prawn means large shrimp but in this case, the prawns are so tiny that I never expect that could be served in Four Seasons. The curry was also very watery and salty. Our last dish was Rogan Josh - Indian spice lamb stew, the meat was way over cook, they were so dry it was hard to chew. This dish, like others, was also very salty. The service is general was very good. The bill, with a beer and a bottle of water and tip came to QR400.

Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Nusantao, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent dining experience. Although I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and ambiance of our hotel, I do apologise that we did not get the balance right for you on this occasion. Our aim is to provide exceptional service levels and please rest assured that we will learn from your feedback.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I heard about the restaurant since it opened yet could not visit it except lately. Entering it gives you the curiosity to check what comes next interms of interiors and gives you a small push to start seeking into the details that the restaurant has which was nicely applied. It have the contradiction of modern restaurants and the authenity of the Asian restarants. Being at a hotel like the Four Seasons, you expect nothing but the best! we were seated outdoor and the combination of the slight wind along with the wine selection was just perfect!
However, when my main course arrived, the chicken that I ordered had a bad audor as if it was not marinated enough or cleaned enough. This might happen in any restaurant world wide and you can skip it. Yet, when I called the waiter and asked him to change the plate as it have a bad smell in it, he decently took the plate and came back with a response from the chef telling me that " The Chef tells you that he have marinated the chicken since 3 days and he confirms that it doesnt smell" My reply was to ironically apologize to hurt the chef's pride and if the chicken is marinated for 3 days, it means that it is not fresh and sanitary wise not accepted! I asked for the check as I preferred not to continue the dinner and the better thing was that no manager approached the table to check on it and no compensation of any way was made. It is not that the guests expect a golden egg to be brought to them, but it is the the way how things are made up when the ball is dropped.

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed review. Your constructive criticism is valued, and it is one of the best ways for us to understand how we can enhance your guest experience in the future. We are very sorry to hear that your dinner and your main course did not meet your expectations. We understand your concerns and your comments will be passed on to respective departments. Please let us know if you would like to make this live as you can contact me via +97444948003 or email at shadi.suleman@fourseasons.com.