“Nice Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha
Ranked #22 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Radisson blu hotel in Doha is a very nice hotel if you have to stay in Doha for a night or two. Last year I was able to drink a beer at the pool, but I dont have that choice any more.I don not blame the hotel for that.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Mr. Allan,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy guests such as you are our true ambassadors.

Thank you also for understanding that the country’s laws have changed since last year regarding imbibing alcohol by the Poolside.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Everything works well, pleasant staff, good Quality of Service, Food and beverages, a very comfortable bed, just a perfect stay! TRIPADVISOR SHOULD NOT INSIST ON MINIMUM 200 CHARACTERS TO WRITE, WHEN ONE WORD IS SUFFUCIENT: PERFECT!

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Mr. HarryPotter728,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as you are our true ambassadors.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My first and probably my last, stay here. It started really well with a friendly check in and a phone call to check if everything was OK. A little later while I was trying to have a shower, the door bell rang and without waiting for a response, someone opened the door and tried to get in, They were only stopped by the security latch. I went out wrapped in a towel and it was two members of staff asking if I needed anything. I told them they should wait for a response. When I asked whey they had tried to get in the answer was "we have a key". I asked for more soap and they went off. I returned to the shower and exactly the same thing happened again - door bell followed by an attempt to get in. Again, they were only stopped by the security latch. This time I was extremely angry and let them know it. For the manager who reads this, one of them was wearing a name badge that said "Balander". No-one in any hotel should have staff trying to barge in, especially if the staff know there is someone in the room. I am not the first reviewer this has happened to.

The next morning I noticed that when on the bed, my feet were pointing towards Mecca. As a Muslim, this was not acceptable. On returning from my work, I asked for a room change and explained why. I was told there was no room available and he (Naresh) would try to find one. I asked to be told before I went out an hour later which he agreed to do. Of course, I heard nothing and had to ask for a room change and explain the reason again to another person. Again told there was no room available. At this stage I pointed out the 100% satisfaction guarantee in the room brochure and said that if this was not sorted, I wanted to discuss with the Manager.

Later in the evening when I went to ask about the room change front desk told me that there was no room available in the same building and I would be upgraded to a room in the adjacent building. A colleague overhearing this spoke to him and, as if by magic, a room became available in the same building. So, I was "upgraded" to an identical room. I found this particularly galling as I do not like to be spoken to like an idiot who does not understand the word "upgrade". I'm pretty sure I understand it better than some of the staff here.

The next morning at breakfast, I was completely ignored while people nearby were asked if they wanted tea/coffee. It was only after I spoke loudly to a manager that I got a cup of tea.

The only positives were that some of the staff were friendly and the rooms were not bad. The view from my first room was of the air conditioning equipment on a roof between the two buildings.

I was singularly unimpressed with my first experience of Radisson Blu and was far from 100% satisfied.

Room Tip: Muslims be aware that lying on the bed in some rooms means that your feet point towards the Quibla.
1  Thank Abrar

Dear Mr. Abrar,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

We are truly disappointed that in some areas we failed to meet your expectations.
I have passed on your invaluable constructive feedback to the respective Department Heads to ensure consistent service excellence.

Again, we are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to ensure we exceed them.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel has nice facilities and a selection of good restaurants. Good buffet. Old structure but well renewed. Rooms a little small but with nice bathroom and clean. Highly recommended if you need to stay in the area.

1  Thank Fabio B

Dear Fabio B,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel was formerly owned by another chain, but Radisson have taken ownership and stamped their now familiar mark on the property. The room was comfortably spacious, there was a fridge, tea coffee facilities, trouser press, safe and hair dryer, with a low large bed ensuring a relaxing rest. The bathroom was well equipped with a bath and separate shower cubicle and an array of complimentary toiletries. Free fast wifi will help you stay connected and the reception staff and all the other staff I saw and spoke to, were very courteous, and very willing to help be that with local information or on site facilities. There is an ample spa area and swimming pool on site.

A short walk from the hotel, Cafe Grand Jud has a welcoming atmosphere in their shisha restaurant which has a very nice menu selection. There are several other shops and a small indoor mall/ market area and close by is a shawarma kiosk where 10 riyals will buy a delicious chicken or beef shawarma. They also serve falafel too.

Across the busy street from the hotel, there are an array of other shops and places to eat. If you intend to take a taxi, be aware of the severe congestion that can be seen after dusk and plan accordingly.

2  Thank TH D
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear TH D,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Dear anooppadmanabhan,

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The hotel is located in a very convenient place from where you could travel to any part of Doha comfortably. The staff is very co-operative. There is a good variety of restaurants catering to different tastes. The ambience inside the hotel is very relaxing.

4  Thank Anoop Padmanabh... U

Dear Anoop,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

We look forward to welcoming you back.