“Good for small stays”

Ranked #22 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Vung Tau, Vietnam
“Good for small stays”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have stayed on this hotel for many times over the last 7 years.

There have been some bad experiences but overall its a good hotel. Big upside is the many good restaurants located on the hotel. I can expecially recommend the Japanese restaurant in the old wing.
After the rooms have been renovated the rooms are now actually quite nice.

Room service menu have to my knowledge not changed a bit over the last 7 years, it would be nice with a little update of that.

Check in and check out can other be a very long winded affair.

A decent hotel for small business trips. Nothing more than that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Radisson Blu D, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Henrik J,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms and that you enjoyed Sakura restaurant.

Please note, I have passed on your comments regarding check in / check out and room service and we will look in to them further.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in near future.

Kind regards

Marketing & PR Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Radisson Blu is excellent value for money. Great staff, lots of restaurants, gorgeous pool area and fantastic rooms with good beds make this a wonderful place to stay when you are around in Doha. The pick-up service from the airport works very well, and the smile from all staff members makes you feel at home immediately.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear 72Chris,

Thank you for your kind review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with the Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha and that our staff made you feel welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

UK
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 weeks whilst house hunting, and was not disappointed

The service is first class, the staff pamper to your every need.

We stayed in room 1014, which is not a good location, as it is right next to the service rooms, which is exceptionally noisy, it was large and more than adequate for our needs. It was a little tired, but building work was going on to give the hotel a make-over.

Food is excellent, but very pricey, we tended to eat out mostly, as there are some great restaurants nearby, Thai, Indian, Burmese, TexMex and the usual junk food outlets.

The hotel is in a good location with access to the major roads. The road system is infamous, the locals are among the worse drivers in the world, making Doha the un-safest city in the world to drive, so beware.

The pool area is clean and more than adequate, with good on-site gym and spa.

I would say it is a business hotel, there are far better family hotels in the city,

Room Tip: Try and request a room clear of the service rooms, they are used 24 hours a day, and are very noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Thepoddlers,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I apologise for the noise caused during your stay and I have passed your feedback on to the relevant departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

What a great, clean hotel. Rooms are home from home. Service excellent. The hotel has an airport pick up and great facilities and bars that have live, live music. Well worth a stay,very reasonable.

You feel welcome from the minute you arrive. Good view from the top rooms over Qatar.

Room Tip: Visit the Italian Restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Mitchian,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you that you enjoyed the hotels outlets and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha in the near future.

Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Having stayed here before, when it was a Ramada, I had no hesitation in booking again given the location and facilities: while my last review was slightly coloured by the noisy renovations which were then taking place, overall I had thought it pretty good.

In any event, this review is rather slanted by the fortunate circumstance of the standard rooms being overbooked, resulting in my upgrade to the Bond Suite. I don't think I have spent a happier time in a hotel room on a business trip, surrounded by James Bond memorabilia, enormous televisions, a somewhat futuristic bathroom and enough space to swallow the ground floor of my house back in the UK.

Still, I found time to eat in Picasso's and the Bombay Balti, and to drink in Orion and Bubbles on 2, all of which were excellent. Breakfast was also very acceptable - an omelette bar can always make the difference between ok and very good.

Service from all staff, whether in the lobby, the restaurants and bars, or on the room levels, was inevitably very friendly and polite and special mention must go to Melinda in Bubbles on 2. A check-out extension to 4pm without charge, given my late flight departure, was also much appreciated.

Even though I may well end up back in that standard room next time, this will probably always be my first choice in Doha.

Room Tip: If I knew the actual method to booking a standard and ending up with the Bond Suite, I certainly wou...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear J_M803,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your kind feedback.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha in the near future.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for six nights starting October 26th. Our previous Doha hotel experience was horrendous and fearful of another nightmare we selected the Radisson from the positive reviews here. We travel often and compare standards across the world and the Radisson is as good as any hotel we have used, and better that most. I have never found a hotel where every member of staff could truly be said to be "exceptional" but it is so here, the recruitment and training programme must be outstanding. With 19 restaurants and bars plus good sized swimming pool and gym, if necessary, you could easily never leave the hotel. My wife was on her own whilst I was working and the facilities and support of the staff made each day comfortable and relaxing. We ate in the hotel each evening and wherever we ate the food and service were excellent, but you must try Maxim's restaurant, I doubt that the the Paris establishment is better! We stayed in the new wing, the room was large, very well equipped, the bathroom equally so. Whatever we asked for was delivered to our room within minutes and without the usual repeat of the request. The hotel location is good and the garden around the swimming pool is a great place to escape from the noise and traffic of Doha.The older wing is under refurbishment at present and although we did not see the remodelled rooms, judging from the general level of decor this will be the part of the hotel we shall use on the next visit. Try as I may I cannot find anything negative to say, well done to all who work there and who made our stay memorable for all of the right reasons

G W Austin (UK)

Room Tip: Check that the room will not be "affected" by noise from evening events held in the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear 136GeorgeW ,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I am so pleased to hear you and your wife had a pleasant stay and that our staff took care of you. We receive lots of positive comments regarding the friendless of our staff and its always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests.

Please do let me know when you are both returning to the hotel so that I can ensure you are booked in to one of newly refurbished rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha in the near future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Short 3 night trip to Doha. Picked Radisson as dinner I was attending on second night was in the hotel. Very late evening arrival. Got free room upgrade to deluxe room. Very comfortable room. Hotel has lots of restaurant and bar choices. Did not have time to use them other than for breakfast buffet ( good choice and quality) and the sports bar. Room rate turned out to be good value for 3 nights spent in Doha.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Graham A,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for your kind feedback.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha in the near future.