“Quality hotel, good location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha

Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha
Ranked #22 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Quality hotel, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here with friends for four nights in May 2013, good location if exploring all areas of Doha. Business style hotel, staff very accommodating, excellent buffet breakfast, good choice of restaurants. Rooms clean and well serviced. Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Request a suite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jonahcardiff
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Jonahcardiff,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leslie Weddle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel when working in Qatar a few times and each time has been worst than the last.
The hotel is tired and in need of refurbishment which I heard they are trying to do but the pool changing rooms and 'spa' area is filthy. The quality of the furniture in all areas is tatty - everything about this hotel is cheap and nasty, including the prostitutes that are unavoidable when making their way to the 9th floor bar. The beds are one of the better things, comfortable but the hotel corridors are noisy so don't expect the get a restful night either. My complaint to the staff in the morning met with no apology or even concern. This hotel has no idea how to treat guests.
The staff that we have encountered are at best badly trained and at worst rude.
Steer clear there are many much better '4 star' hotels in Doha in much better locations and at a better price.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear sam w,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am extremely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I would like to discuss this further so that we can rectify the problem.

Please feel free to email me leslie.weddle@radissonblu.com so that I can look into the matter further.

Walsal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very Good Hotel, situated on Ring road C, nice pool and Keep fit area and a good selection of resturants, there was a good variety, we stayed 4 nights and eat in the hotel for 3 of them.
Best was the Sports Bar, excellent Chilli, worst was Pier 51 for SeadFood, overpriced and I had surf and turf, the turf was fine but the T bone steak was the worst I have ever eaten. No good complaining because other people were given the same, no sirloin only rump.
Italian Job Pizza was good, the Lasange I would recommend
we went out one night, do not walk, apoart from the heat, driving is crazy. You take your life into your own hands when crosssing the road.

1 Thank Geoff T
Dear GeoffT,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am pleased you had chance to sample a few of our restaurants during your stay and that you enjoyed the food at The Italian Job and Shehrazad.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your meal in Pier 12 I have not received a complaint before regarding the steak in Pier 12 and this is something that I will look into further.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Marketing & PR Manager
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was in Doha for a family emergency and stayed with friends for a few days but then decided to move to the hotel for a bit of space and the pool. The pool was excellent although quite a trek as the hotel is in two buildings. Food was very good and service was very attentive. Reception staff were helpful when I needed something which wasn't straight forward. Room was ok, although there was no sitting area other than the chair by the desk. Also it was a Japanese style room and bedside table with console for lights etc was about 6" off the floor so it wasn't easy to use. Hotel is very big but service was good and friendly. They serve alcohol but it was quite expensive. Hotel has recently been taken over by Radisson , before that it was the Ramada and is still referred to as that by the locals which can be a bit confusing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear LW54,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I am pleased that our staff took care of you. We receive lots of positive comments regarding the friendless of our staff and its always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests.

I hope that we can welcome you back again to The Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha in the near future.

Marketing & PR Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I celebrated a very profitable and good day of work, (my colleagues in Qatar bagged a good number of orders after our seminar), by eating in the most expensive (I found out soon after ordering) meal in Maxim's Restaurant on the ground floor. I had the Lobster.

Very few times in my life I've had "The Lobster", and only once, this time, on company money. Needless to say, "The Lobster" was very tasty and went well with the waiter-recommended white. During the feast of celebration I listened to a live piano player playing her rendition of a lot of jazz musicians that my ear recognized but my mind could not put a name to.

I've been here twice now and both times were very pleasant. Having to travel for my work, I take refuge in the fact that at least there are places like Radisson that make work trips all the more bearable.

Room is traditional decor with antique pieces carefully chosen. Smoking is permitted in certain areas in the lobby so once again, after a good hearty hotel buffet breakfast, I had opportunity to enjoy one or two small guage Acid Krush Blue Conneticut full leaf Cigarelloes while waiting for my ride and preparing my presentation to the dealers I was about to face that morning.

Overall another pleasant stay, but then again I grew up travelling and like hotels and airports more than most people. I wonder sometimes if I am biased in that sense....

RlemkeIAM

Room Tip: There are two towers in this hotel. Ask reception for a room in the same tower to avoid having to wa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear RlemkeIAM,

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am a big fan of Radisson Hotels and this one, taken over from what used to be the Ramada, is no exception.

Its a fine business hotel well away from the sad glitz and glamour of the main seaside hotels and it is more geared for business than pleasure.

We counted 18 food and bev outlets !! Phew. Food is fine in all the outlets we tried - no complaints at all really, especially with the staff who really do their best to make you feel at home.

The rooms are also fine, especially those in the newer wing which are more expensive but worth the difference.Internet is F and F - fast and free and the A/C works a treat - something that a lot of hotels lack and essential in a climate where it gets to 45 degrees in summer.

The problems are

1 The exterior needs cleaning - it always seems dirty and dusty.
2 The rooms need a but a of a revamp but maybe Radisson will undertake this soon - its a bit musty smelling in places.
3 Our room had a minor insect (small fly) infestation which we fixed ourselves with a fly spray.

Conclusion - a good business hotel and one that will improve once Radisson stamp their brand on the place a bit more. If you want a seaside holiday, though, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Go to the newer wing.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear CTCTraveller,

Thank you for your kind review and I am pleased that our staff took care of you. We receive lots of positive comments regarding the friendless of our staff and it’s always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests.

We are currently in the middle of refurbishing the guests rooms in the West Wing so I hope next time you stay you will be able to try out one of our new rooms.

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you like ur sleep at night and strong smells give you a headache do NOT go here. Terrible experience all up. Helpful staff wrt attitude, less capable when it came to taking action.

Due to a busy schedule I only needed the hotel to sleep and do some work. Neither went well. Bad piano player in lobby each night too. Many functions which lead to many noisy people with no respect for people needing sleep.

I go to Doha often, I wont be visiting again..

Room Tip: As far away from any common area as possible
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear FlowerPetalBlooming,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Please feel free to email me on leslie.weddle@radissonblu.com so that I can look into the matter further.