“Twin Towers”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha
Ranked #23 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in Doha and to be honest the Radisson Blu did reach my expectations, The room was fine and a lovely touch with the complimentary bowl of fruit, Teddy Bar and dressing gown. However the restaurants were really not that great, especially the Spanish Tapas restaurant where the food seemed to be all deep fried.

The staff were very helpful and informative.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Kanella,

Thank you for your review and positive comments.

I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

I am sorry you did not enjoy our Tapas restaurant Picasso's as we usually have great reviews for this restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to take the opportunity to try one of our other 11 restaurants.

Kind regards,
Leslie Weddle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

On arrival at the airport I went to the Radisson desk and was looked after by a young man there who kept me with him, as I was travelling alone at this point, until he put me into a Hotel car. A nice touch.

I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson last week, although there were a couple of niggles... This hotel is in two parts, the older and the newer. I stayed in the old side, having booked a double room. I was asked if I required smoking or non smoking. Having chosen non smoking I was shown to a small double room on the 7th floor which had a strong musty smell. I immediately commented on
this and said I wasn't prepared to stay there. I was shown to a second room on the 4th floor which was obviously a no smoking floor as every door had the sign on it. The room was lovely and much more in keeping with my expectations. The other niggle was that having asked the concierge for a taxi to the Waqif Souk we were put in a hotel car and dropped off there, however it was closed at this point for about 4 hours, so why no tell us that instead of just dropping us off to a closed up souk?

Please note...There is currently renovation work going on in the older building on the 11th floor.
Small amount of noise down on floor 4, not enough to bother you.

Apart from this I only have positives really. The staff in the restaurants/turn down service/bars etc were very attentive in an unobtrusive way. We ate in both of the buildings Chinese, Indian, Italian, bistro etc. and drank in the Champagne Bar and Manhattan Bar.

You forget that smoking is still allowed in restaurants and bars, so you are aware of it a bit more, however there are non smoking tables etc.

Whilst there I had a Thai body massage in the cabana club, and a spa pedicure in the new building's spa on the ground floor, both good value and good service.

The pool area is quiet, very clean and not overly busy as this hotel is used by a lot of businessmen. The pool was a very good size, cleans etc and had two lifeguards on duty. Very safe for children. Children had their own pool area with fun water things. Also a jacuzzi.

One other small annoyance was the free Internet in the old building didn't work in the new one!

Room Tip: Furthest away from 11th floor renovations
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson Blu D, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear sunilpmone,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We will pass on your positive comments to the rest of the team.

We looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Leslie Weddle
Marketing & PR Manager

Reviewed March 16, 2013

While not central the Radisson Blue is located only around a five minute taxi ride from the souk and corniche area. The staff were very friendly and hepful. The breakfast selction was impressive and propbably the best feature of the food offer, which is extensive. The evening buffet, in the same restaurant was I'm afraid rather disappointing and should be avoided and the choice was very limited. The rooms are a good size and well equipped, ehile again the room staff are very attentive and offer very good levels of service. The hotel has free wifi throughout which is a big plus. Wifi extends to the pool area again great if your are, like me, on a business trip as it allows you to work outside the room. on the downside the bedroom windows are extremely dirty and the sports bar seems to be a haven for smokers, which puts me off even venturing through the door.

Taxi and car services to the hotel are excellent and almost immediately available when you need them. Behinf the hotel, exiting through the pool and spa area, in a small shopping complex with a large supermarket - a big boost when it comes to stocking up the fidge or buying snacks as an alternative to a full meal.

All in all a very pleasant stay and a hotel that I'd be happy to return to.

Room Tip: Avoid room over the sports bar as I'm informed by one of my colleagues they can get a little noi...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was staying from 26Jan-1 Feb 13 for business trip.

Arrival - Check in and check out is fast (i checked in at mid-night, check in staff not so friendly, never explain how to get to the lift and where the buffer bfast is serve in the next morning for first timer to stay in their hotel like me, he just process for checkin and never really explain anything, just pass you the key and not even smile :( )
Free shuttle bus is provided on an hourly basis at Doha airport. We took their shuttle from hotel to airport which you have to book at the front desk in advance. this is a value added service)

Bedroom - room size is great, fruits basket is there (even at the lift lobby there is a backet of apple everyday), a Patchi chocolate and a teddy bear was put on my bed as welcome gift. Room is clean, bed is comfy. The room is equipped with a flat creen tv, hair dryer, mini refrigerator, small safe, kettle, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, complimentary drinks replenish everyday, cupboard with hanger, bathrope, sandals, shoe shine, daily newspaper.

Bathroom - clean, shampoo, body wash, soaps, shower cap, cotton bud, toilet paper, body lotion etc is provided, but dont sure why the housekeeping never refill my cotton bud (i do bring my own cotton bud so it doesnt border me). clean towel is provided.

Internet - WIFI in room is working

Location - Taxi to City Center Mall during peak hour it may took about 30minutes, i took a taxi arrange by hotel it cost me QR35 one way to City Center Mall and i took a Sydney cab from City Center Mall back to hotel it cost QR17.25. I also took a hotel arrange taxi to Souk Waqif it cost me QR30 and return with Karwa taxi cost me QR40 (the taxi driver really not honest, he on the meter but he took one big round to go back to the hotel)

Room Service - i have room service for most of my breakfast and dinner, breakfast always serve on time (time is fix by you), I usually order my dinner only when i reach my hotel after work, it will took them about 30-40 minutes to prepare, which just nice for me, i can have my shower before dinner. I like their Salmon - really good, but the Teriyaki Chicken abit dry.

All the staff are friendly and helpful. there is money changer, shoe shine corner, security guard, enquiry desk, small sourvenir shop, bar selling alcohol in the building itself.

Room Tip: Walking distance to a 24hr fast food stall " Chill and Grill", cross over a street there a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Liawht
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a good stopover here this week. Room was clean and tody with a very comfortable bed. Had food by the pool which , although tool a while to come , was very tasty.
Went to the sports bar on the hotel on the night I arrived. £15 / $22 for a pitcher of beer which isn't bad value. A group of very drunk people were being served copious amounts of drink then asked not to sing and be quiet. More security were arriving to manage this ... Probably would have been to have stopped serving them ?

The extrerior windows of the hotel were in need of an urgent clean. They were thick with grime and sand

None the less , was a quiet hotel room and perfect for my one night stay

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely hotel, well positioned in Doha and ideal for those breaking the journey in Qatar, or joining the increasing number of international travellers who are choosing to try Doha instead of the almost obligatory Dubai. Doha is aspiring to become a Middle East focus like Dubai, but is years behind it in terms of glitz.
However, Doha has many very fine hotels and is establishing itself as an alternative. Qatar is stable, high quality and very safe. The Radisson Blu is an up-market chain and well capable of challenging the InterContinental, Marriott, Sheraton brands.
The Doha hotel is well-equipped with good restaurants and pleasant and efficient staff. The rooms are huge, befitting a country which has plenty of available land for building big hotels with lavish spaces for guests. My stopover en route for business purposes to Dubai and Riyadh meant I had a huge room with a super king sized bed and loads of work space for laptop and spreading paperwork around.
No charge for internet! A major plus to business travellers - InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn......please note!
Excellent breakfast in the Hyde Park coffee shop. The Bombay Balti is worth a visit in the evening, but there are half-a-dozen other eating places in the hotel and for the overnighting businessmen, the sports bar, Shehrazad lounge bar with beer and upmarket pub grub is recommended.
There is a gym and a swimming pool.

Room Tip: Higher floors give better views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I went there for the Scottish ball and I got a discounted room at 500QAR and that included a breakfast. The price is very realistic and quite convenient if an event is taking place. The sports bar is ok and the prices for refreshments is realistic for Doha. I would not recommend this hotel to stay in if you want excitement to your evening , but I would recommend if a function is taking place.
The rooms are decent and it is possible to ask for a late check out 2pm. I would rate this as a practical functional hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends