“Excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 141 Hotels in Doha
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel was warm, inviting, and eloquent. From the moment you walk in you feel welcome. Greeted with smiles, efficiency, and well wishes. The rooms are bolstered by high ceilings. The decor is classic. Moderate sized bathroom with separate shower and toilet areas. (Don't forget to check the voltage ratings on your grooming tools. The rooms are not equip for 110v appliances.) The bed was soft with a feather mattress topper and pillows.

The pool is relaxing, complete with waterfall and winding rock walls. Plenty of lounge seating, a swim up bar, and extensive food menu available.

The staff was eager to help me book an excursion. They set up a sand dune bashing tour for me that was really great. Doha does not have a lot of taxi service for simply getting around the city so you will have to reserve a car to get around, which the hotel is happy to help with.

Breakfast had a wide international selection and was quite tasty. I would also recommend dining at the onsite Italian restaurant if possible. The food was quite good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chedrey1910

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We spent a 3 night stay at the Ritz Carlton and had a fabulous stay. The service received from the staff was exceptional and they made our stay very special. We stayed on the club package and would highly recommend this option. The facilities and service in the club lounge are very personal and the food options were excellent, using this option for unlimited wifi is great if travelling with multiple devices! The club lounge staff all deserve a mention for their friendly helpful service, this is a very quiet calm area - great for business and leisure. We used both the indoor and outdoor pools - again pool service was very prompt and friendly and also took some yoga classes which were of a good standard and reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

By contrast we could hear the row being caused over the water at the Hyatt who were having some sort of dreadful beach party at the weekend - it was incredibly noisy and uncouth. On that basis I would strongly advise people not to stay at the Hyatt - they are inconsiderate to their own and others guests and to local residents.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank reb1968
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and stayed here for a week recently. We were both in desperate need of a week to re-charge our somewhat exhausted batteries and that is exactly what we enjoyed. We had a room with Club access and enjoyed a fabulous experience hallmarked by superb service, food and relaxation. The Club lounge is on 23rd floor and is a sumptuous haven to relax over looking the gulf and be treated to exquisite food and beverages. The hotel is classic Ritz Carlton and is immaculate. The pool and fitness facilities are first rate as us the overall decor and state of repair.
Doha itself is a bit of a construction site with cranes and plant machinery at every turn. That said, a walk through the old souk and an opportunity to hear the call for prayer from the scores of local mosques is magical and shouldn't be missed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank stphnwhit6
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our first stay in the Ritz Carlton and it was almost as good as we expected. In general the service was excellent but at breakfast we found it a bit and miss. On good days it was all that you would expect but on a bad day, not so good. I would not like to think that the poor service was something to do with the fact that my wife was on her own but when we had a problem and I was there it seemed to be fixed a lot faster. Having said that the other staff couldn't be more helpful, they made it a real pleasure to stay at the hotel. The hotel itself is finished to a very high standard. The indoor and outdoor pools were spotless and the pool staff superb. The restaurants were excellent, food and service. Overall a very nice hotel and yes we would go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Doha, Al Jahra, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband booked the hotel for our wedding celebration and for my birthday that was the same day. We spend two amazing days over there.
I have no words to express how wonderful it was the service.
When we arrived I called to ask some information and a sweet girl answer the phone, her name is Asma, she congratulate me for my b-day and she said I could have anything I wanted.
Was so amazing to have her an hour later with flowers and a card from the call center team…

The room was all decorated with balloons, a delicious cake, fruits, sweets and flowers everywhere.. The bath was filled with rose petals and the water was warm..
Apart from that we realized that does take more than five minutes to have what you asked to be delivered to you...They are so fast so polite…

The restaurant Lameer was wonderful the view the service, the romantic set up they did for us..
After we chill out in the sea and keep watching the stars. It is really a place for couples to celebrate special occasions.
The pool area is amazing full of chairs and so comfortable, even the hotel was full we did not had any problems with the service or anything.
I will come back, because this hotel is perfect

Room Tip: Chose sea view.. is amazing in the morning...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arlete S
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I had fhe pleasure of staying here last year. The hotel is always kept up to a high standard. The staff is extremly helpful in every aspect. The pool area is large and beautiful. Rooms are immaculate from the bed to the furnishongs.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Scott B
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed there when we got married (couldn't afford a honeymoon at the time). The incredible experience started the moment I called up to make the booking. I asked how much it would cost to have a bottle of champagne waiting in the room when we arrived - the lady taking my reservation immediately said "is it a special occasion sir?" I told her we had just got married and she said someone would be in touch with me. A short while later I got a call from the special events person. She congratulated me and I asked how much it would cost to have a bottle of champgne waiting in the room. She said it will be complimentary, then she asked for my wife's name and mine. I also reserved a table in the restaurant.

When we arrived, checked in, and went up to the room we were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice AND a personalised cake congratulating us AND a bunch of flowers for my wife. Great start! We felt very special.

After a nice day by the pool etc, we went down to the restaurant for dinner, where they had cleared a corner of the restaurant and set up a table with rose petals and candles. The meal was great and we liked the music so we asked the waiter what it was.

When we went back up to the room after dinner, the room and bathroom was absolutely covered with candles and rose petals and a spa bath had been prepared for my wife - fresh orchid flowers and all.

We woke up in the morning to breakfast being delivered to the room and on the breakfast tray was a CD -- of the music we heard in the restaurant, with a simple note with compliments of the staff in the restaurant.

The whole stay was spectacular - the most amazing hotel experience of my life!

I kept meaning to write a thank you letter to all of those people that gave us such a special time, but I kept postponing and postponing, anyway - I hope in some way this reaches some of those staff! Thank you! The stay was actually in 2006, but the dates on here only let you go back a year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple