“Ritz? Really?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 141 Hotels in Doha
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Ritz? Really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I thought the Ritz was supposed to be uber posh? I was left very unimpressed by the service at this hotel. The food was pretty unremarkable too, to be quite frank. The only pluses to this hotel is that they serve draft guinness from the tap, and their marina club, although pretty poor in service and food, has a nice view of the water and the yachts. Overall, it was very disappointing. I don't think I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nomadsoul1985

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

First and last time I would ever go to this horrible hotel. The food is terrible. The bar smells. We went to brunch and got extremely sick. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. It's just very sad the place has the Ritz Carlton name. My wife used the spa and hated it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Booked a king room with "club access" online. Upon arrival, as a married couple, we were upgraded to an Amari suite. It was gorgeous and huge. But, as we discovered; access to the Club Level was not part of the deal (regardless of our reservation details). Apparently all rooms at that level had been sold to the Tour de Qatar and Women's Tennis Open clients. Asked twice to have this rectified; no one had the authorization to do so. So no Club Level benefits despite reservation status.

The Lagoon food service was absolutely atrocious. Expensive. Dried out. No flavor whatsover - they are trying to do too much and nothing well. And, as we sat to enjoy our mid-morning meal on Sunday, we were hurried away because "Family Time" was soon to begin. Tried again for a lunch at around 1 PM few days later only to discover that I was subject to a $180QR "buffet" charge. Very frustrating. And, again, the food was not even reasonably good.

As to our suite; three phone requests to get a few extra hangers. Two requests for a working coffee maker. Filthy (and I mean sticky filthy) kitchen floor. A/C unpredictable at best. Wifi completely unreliable. Dead spots all over. And, as reported by previous guests, you will have to sign in again and again. Front end staff not well versed in providing tourist information when needed. Cloying atmosphere that I found a major turnoff.

Saving graces? The catering staff that pulled off the meetings in conference rooms we needed to have be successful. That worked exceptionally well. The pool staff that always had a smile and bottles of chilled water to enjoy. The poolside lunches at Flamingo (especially the bartender who suggested his own blend of a coconut-based mojito) and the burgers/drinks at the Admiral's club. The Pilipino driver who has a birthday on 2.19 (personal conversation. He was super).

Finally, our Marriott points not applied to our account. Have filed a missing points report, but that shouldn't be a detail I should have to attend to?

When we go back I think we will look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Istanbul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

As a regular guest at The Ritz-Carlton Doha, I feel compelled to write about my most recent experiences while there? Something has gone wrong! Some time around September 2012, I began to notice a number of " little issues " First there was the food, not in keeping with today's healthy life styles. Nothing new that was plant based and imaginative on the menu. The gym, had too many "temporarily out of service" signs on equipment and " what oh what happened to the towels and bath robes in the spa?" I am a patient sort and was told theses matters were being addressed. It is now February and whenever I find myself in Doha, in the Ritz I encounter the same. The food and the service at the pool is unpredictable and generally poor. The facilities are tired and in need of repair and replacement. Shame on ritz Carlton!

Stayed February 2013
3 Thank MapleLeafontheRoad
UAE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent the worst days in my life. Not a day went by without a problem. The first morning I was jolted from my sleep, before 6 am, by banging noises from the cleaning crew. It took the hotel staff quite a while to fix this!
The WiFi didn't work in the room and they were not able to fix this problem. It worked only in the lobby. As soon as I moved somewhere else in the hotel I got disconnected. They couldn't fix this either.
The rooms were cleaned quite late and mosty after calling them. And then it wasn't done well. The towels were smelly.
The breakfast was boring and tasteless. The staff uncaring and unprofessional.
The hotel is far from most city atttractions and they don't provide a shuttle bus. Their drivers are not familiar with the places and I was dropped off at the wrong place.
When I requested a rental car they supplied me with the most unprofessional rental companies. After a long wait, the guy showed up with no official papers. On the day of returning the rental car the guy didn't show up even though we had arrranged for a specific timing. Our taxi to the airport was already at the hotel, and only when we expressed our dissatisfaction did the hotel intervene. Their argument was that they are not responsible for the rental company even though they provide them.
In short, this hotel is a disaster. The entire staff is unfriendly; in the lobby, reception, concierge and even management. I couldn't w

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Concerned_Traveller1
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited Doha in January, 2013, and went to this hotel for a meeting in the lobby, loved the place, very luxurious, service is great, and it is too big, so you will not be bothered by other people talking. so you can have a nice business meeting there,
I liked it so much, so went there again in the evening, as I am one of those, a smoker, and had a cigar. It is still allowed to smoke in hotel lobbies in Doha, so enjoy it while it lasts.
Sorry but can't comment on the rooms as I didn't sleep there this time, but was staying in a furnished apartment building.

Room Tip: I heard that