“Good service!”

Movenpick Hotel Doha
Ranked #31 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went to this hotel as part of my settling-into-Qatar package. The bed was very firm and I slept well. The wi-fi was excellent and there was absolutely no drop out at anytime - day nor night.

The breakfast buffet was excellent with fresh veggies and various entrees and types of fruit.

Coffee service was fast and attentive. Check out was fast and efficient. VERY pleasant staff :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Greetings from Movenpick Hotel Doha

I have received your feedback and I am truly delighted that we were able to provide you with the highest levels of service and a positive experience.

I thank you so much for your feedback and you are indeed a patron and your business is important to us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and do let me know in case I can be of any further assistance to you in future.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Hotel Doha

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is located very close to the Museum of Islamic Art and the Souq Waqif, the two major sights of Doha which are both within walking distance. The noise level at this place is almost unbearable, a major highway passes directly at the back side of the hotel, the front faces a massive construction site that is worked 24 hours and airplanes are landing and starting at the close-by airport every ten minutes. The rooms are nice but in extreme need of renovation, the pool is tiny and the water is cold and dirty. A big plus however is the staff which was very charming and incredibly helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cheftrainer
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Greetings from Movenpick Hotel Doha

I have received your feedback and I am truly disappointed that I have to write to you under such circumstances. It has always been our endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of service but we have failed to provide you a positive experience.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with respect to the noise due to hotels close proximity to the airport and the construction around the hotel building. We are also working on the project of heating the swimming pool this year.

I thank you so much for your feedback as it is feedback such as yours that helps us to improve our operation. You are indeed a patron and your business is important to us.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is one of the older hotels in Doha, and I've no doubt that all sorts of extras, glitz, glam and bling are on offer at newer places. If that's what you're after, then fine, off you toddle to some seven-star joint, but if you're looking for a comfortable, informal, homely sort of place with very nice junior suites and *amazing* customer service, then this is the accommodation for you. It's also very well situated to walk to the Al-Riwaq museum, to the Museum of Islamic Art, and to the Souq (well, in winter, at least; I guess that walking wouldn't be possible in summer because of the heat, but taxis pass behind the hotel on a regular basis and can be flagged down, and reception will always call a cab for guests).

My room was a junior suite (as a result of a free upgrade from the superior room that I had reserved), and it was large, comfortable, and contained absolutely every conceivable amenity. Views of the sea are now somewhat obstructed from some parts of the hotel due to the number of other edifices that have been constructed around the Movenpick.

The buffet dinner, which my party and I ate on our night of arrival as we were very tired, was absolutely fine, and breakfast was very nice, and included plenty of fresh fruit, as well as Arabic and international breakfast items.

The very particular joy of this hotel, however, is the customer service received. One of the hotel drivers was waiting at the airport for me and my party, and took us quickly and smoothly in a very large Lexus towards the hotel, having first offered us cold water to drink and chilled towels to clean ourselves! The receptionists were charming and helpful, and as I had emailed ahead to advise that one of my party would be having a birthday on that very day, the receptionist said Happy Birthday! This guest found a birthday card from hotel staff and chocolates waiting in the room! When we went down for the dinner buffet, after the main course, the chef, the maitre and the waiters all appeared at the table to sing Happy Birthday, and brought with them a birthday cake for the guest! This is truly amazing customer service. Throughout our short stay we wanted to know about museums and other sights in the city, and the staff went to extraordinary lengths to make calls to find out about opening times, etc. Staff throughout the hotel were always on hand to offer assistance, and they were pleasant and friendly.

It is true that this is one of Doha's older hotels; it's true that it's not glitzy and blingy; it's true that it has ended up in the middle of a bit of a no-man's-land between the Corniche and a mosque and a road and some other buildings (!), but it is an incredibly pleasant, relaxed, comfortable place to stay, and the staff are truly to be commended on the excellent customer service that they offer the guest. I would recommend this hotel any time.

Room Tip: It's probably worth going for a junior suite as this is a large room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 30, 2013

It took a very long time to actually get from arrivals to the hotel due to numbers of others arriving at the same time. But given that we were processed in due course and taken to the hotel where all we wanted was a bed. The room was a surprise, large, extremely comfortable beds and a roomy shower. Breakfast was also very well laid out with lots of fresh fruits, breads, cheeses..... The return to the airport was also a bit crowded but easier than arrival. Their van leaves every hour for the airport. I recommend the Moevenpick for either a transit stay or longer sice the location is perfect for the museums and other sights.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel as we had an early morning flight. It takes around 15 minutes to get to & from the airport. The rooms are spacious & the beds very comfortable. If you are a light sleeper you might be disturbed by the aircraft noise during the night. The breakfast offered a good choice of quality food. All the staff were friendly and helpful. We walked to the Souq Watif in 20 minutes, planned to visit the Islamic Museum on the Tuesday, unfortunately we discovered this is the one day it closes during the week. We enjoyed dinner in the Yum Yum restaurant in the K108 hotel, worth going for the spectular view.

• Stayed: December 2013
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your kind feedback and encouraging comments and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The Movenpick Doha seems to be used mainly as a business hotel but we enjoyed our short vacation here. It is just a few minutes by car from the airport and you miss most of the infamous Doha traffic. It is just a short walk from Corniche, Museum of Islamic Art and Souq Waqif.
We booked an airport transfer which was reasonably priced. The hotel has a desk to the right as you leave arrivals and the driver was waiting for us. The refreshing towels were welcome. The driver was friendly and helpful as were all the team during our stay.
The room was large with a large comfortable bed. We had chosen a sea view. There was bath and shower. Everywhere was clean. The room had plenty of electric points including those for UK style plugs. WiFi is free throughout the hotel. There are non-smoking floors and we smelt no smoke which has not been true for other hotels in the region.
There are plenty of places to eat nearby so we did not visit the buffet style evening restaurant. Breakfast offered a wide choice of different cuisines and a relaxed atmosphere. When it was time for service to end we were encouraged to take food from the buffet and then our time.
There are cars available for private hire at reasonable rates for trips further afield and taxi drivers had no problem bringing us back to the hotel. Day trips are bookable at reception.
The pool is small but ok for a cooling dip and there is an outdoor hot tub. The gym is ok and there is also a sauna. The staff in the leisure area were again friendly and courteous.We enjoyed sitting on the loungers to read.
We noticed some flight noise but it did not wake us.
Chocolate deserts are available for free some afternoons.
Not as glamorous as some of the newer hotels but good for the money and the position is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms to the west avoid the aircraft noise
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback.

I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon in the near future.