“One of the best in Doha”

Movenpick Hotel Doha
Ranked #26 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“One of the best in Doha”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My company is Swiss..... and this is the perfect hotel in Doha with Swiss Flavor. It is cozy as if you are at home. The buffet is more than excellent. I can't visit Doha without staying there. Highly recommended for business men who appreciate elegance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review and encouraging comments. We are indeed very proud of our Swiss heritage.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we will heave the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Fabien Chesnais

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel is situated close to the airport and perfect for stopovers. We used this hotel for 1 night and were very pleased with the service and facilities. The rooms are large and comfortable.
Like this we got a good nights sleep and a quick visit to the city before continuing our trip. Spending hours at the current Doha airport is not recommendable. The Movenpick Doha is definately a better option.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay even if for a short stay, the hotel's location is perfect for discovering Doha and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Riyadh
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had an excellent experience at Movenpick hotel Doha. Hotel facilities were very good, room décor and cleanliness excellent. Above all, very able, professional yet friendly and caring staff, specially the housekeeping staff, very polite and caring.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing sea-line
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our services and facilities to your liking,

We hope you will welcome you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel may lack the polished look of the newer hotels in Doha, but it more than makes up for it with consistent efficiency. Things may go wrong - and a couple of things did - but are remedied promptly. Staff are consistently polite and helpful, without seeming at all artificial. I had a fairly long stay here on first moving to Doha, and was greatful of the hotel for making my stay run smoothly and for making me feel so welcome. The beds here are also incredibly comfortable - I'm not sure if its the mattress or pillows, but I always slept well.

Room Tip: Aim for a room that looks toward the corniche.
2 Thank RobTheWelsh
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive feedback.

I am delighted to read your comments and we hope that you will continue to visit our hotel.

We hope you will welcome you back again soon.

Germany
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went for a short 6 days visit my husband, who is staying at this Moevenpick since June, and I enjoyed my stay at Moevenpick Doha.
The hotel is ideal for business or a stop-over in Doha, the cost is reasonable, friendly and helpful staff, the room is nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable.

1) LOCATION: 10-15 mins from Airport by taxi.

2) SERVICE: Efficient and friendly service from all staff.

3) ROOM: The room was spacious, clean, equipped with all modern amenities. Free bottled water in the rooms. The best feature: the view at sunrise.

4) ROOM SERVICE: We had a delicious chicken salad and Club Sandwich.

5) BREAKFAST: Several choices of fresh foods - cooked and cold, but in my opinion the food quality was still 4 stars.

6) POOL: The pool area is small very well maintained and the staff was always courteous, professional and friendly. Pool loungers to read a book or watch the planes take off,

NEGATIVE POINT: Though only one, but still want to point it out. It happened on my check-out day. I was flying back around 11PM but around 2PM someone from the front desk called questioning about the check-out since it was already after 2PM, as I explained on the phone that it wasn’t any late check out because my husband was staying in the same room until second week of August, therefore this “Late Check Out” wasn’t any issue to talk about.
I’m very aware about the “Late Check Out” policy, for guest's in the hotels , but again there always situations that don’t feat in the rules and front desk at Moevenpick Doha should check it, before approaching the guest, I just didn’t found it very courteous.

Overall it was a pleasure staying in this hotel with a very reasonable fare, the hotel itself was a standard business hotel and seemed more in keeping with other 4* hotels I've stayed in, rather than 5*.
I will definitely recommend this hotel in Doha.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TBBGermany
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your in-depth review and positive comments we truly appreciate your input and I wish to apologize for the miscommunication concerning the check-out. I am delighted by your feedback and I am happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

General Manage
New York NY
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Good location near the Corniche and the Museum; easy access to the airport. Older than average for Doha and a bit noisy but all what you need for business. If you are visiting Doha for holidays/vacation and need a nice pool etc... then you should look into an other hotel.

1 Thank Brooklyntotheworld
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your valuable comments, I am glad that you have found our team and service to your liking.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

General Manage
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed her on business and have done so for a number of years. The hotel is small and boutique- like with good sized rooms. It is very close to the airport so there can be aircraft noise but I do not find that intrusive. Try for a room on the west side to reduce any noise. The restaurant is always of high quality food and the range is super and portions very good. There is a hidden- away bar where many ex- pats congregate in the evenings and there can be entertainment in the form of jazz evenings. The small lobby has a coffee and snack area which is convenient. The pool is small and rather more of a sun trap that an out and out swimming area. There is also a fitness centre that can be useful after flying around the Gulf States for a week or more. I really prefer this hotel to many others despite their larger and more extensive features. The staff are always pleasant and the whole place is beautifully clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the west and the Corniche.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fantastic comments.

I am happy you consider our hotel each time you visit Doha and we hope we continue to welcome you back for many years to come.