“Good but not what you expect from a Moevenpick”

Movenpick Hotel Doha
Ranked #28 of 134 Hotels in Doha
“Good but not what you expect from a Moevenpick”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel is small and quiet. The service level is very good, staff really helpful. Bathroom wasn't super clean, I had to tell them about it twice. Gym is ok but not a wide choice of machine and pool is also small.

• Stayed May 2013
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your valuable feedback, we are happy to learn that you have found our team and service to your liking. Please accept my apologizes for the inconvenience you have encountered with Housekeeping. With regards to the gym I am pleased to inform you that we will be replacing the machines in the near future.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Fabien Chesnais

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oman
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Real bad experience not expected from movenpick brand in GCC! Construction all around and bad toilette smell during night , which might be from near by corniche but!!!!!
Poor meeting rooms and louzy bar

Room Tip: Better to go for 2 stars hotel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

We are sorry to hear you have encountered some issues and we would like to investigative the matter further, please send us more details about your stay as we were unable to locate your booking through the information provided. Kindly email to: hotel.doha@moevenpick.com

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I literally had 8 hours between flights for a meeting and my pa picked this place. It's 10 mins from the airport but on the Corniche (sea wall walk) so I was still able to squeeze in an hour of wandering about before my meeting in their business suite (which they kindly offered gratis). Great location, kind people and just what I needed. Enough said!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bilty22
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Marlow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Not a bad hotel really, but location is terrible.......subject to aircraft noise, as it is right by the flight path out of Doha Airport (the 'old' one) and the airport is busiest at night, and then there is building work going on all around too, some of this goes on through the night too, as I observed from my hotel bedroom (room 402). Additionally, there is the traffic noise from the Corniche, so all in all not good if you are a light sleeper like me :(
Food in the restaurant is OK - a la carte menu is limited, and needs a bit of variety, especially if you are staying long term (I was there for 6 weeks)...similarly,the themed nights are good but expensive, the choice of food is good on each night, but it's exactly the same each subsequent weeknight. Again, needs some more variety please.
Rooms are comfortable..just a shame about the noise which stops you sleeping. And beware of the mosque on the Corniche side..I think first prayers in the summer are about 0320 (it was around 0500 when I stayed there in February)

Room Tip: Try and get a quiet room away from the Corniche, flight path and mosque id you want some peace
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback.

The hotel enjoys a strategic location in the heart of the thriving city of Doha and there has been some recent construction work in the vicinity of the hotel however, I am happy to report that the construction has now been completed. We have also taking note of your comments concerning the food and beverage services.

We hope you will welcome you back again soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Mövenpick Hotel Doha –

I booked my stay at this hotel online directly with Mövenpick and subsequently cleared some of the booking details via email with Reservation Agent Ms. Rosita Goes. I booked three nights but ended up staying less than 24 hours and I am most likely not coming back to this hotel.

The upgrade package I purchased online promised ‘enhanced with high speed internet access’ but the download speed was 0.99 Mbps, which is not high-speed at all.

The room size was very generous with a separate bedroom. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced in a hotel.

The bathroom was rather smallish with only a bathtub/shower combination i.e. no proper shower cabin.

A problem with the room was a really bad stuffy smell. It smelled as if the room had not been used for a long while.

In the morning I had some laundry collected at 09h30 and enquired about it 20h00. I was told that since I had not delivered the laundry prior to 09h00 that morning it would only be returned the following day. I understand this is an operational policy but the hotel could have advised me that the laundry would only be returned the following day. My laundry was still at the hotel so it was returned to me unlaundered.

The breakfast buffet was truly nothing special and I showed the waitress a long black human hair amongst the bowls with figs and nuts.

At 14h00 I enquired with the hotel reception about options for shopping malls. I was informed about the various malls and told that the ‘City Mall’ was the closest to the hotel but that all shops in that mall would be closed till 16h00. I arrived at City Mall before 15h00 and found to my surprise that all shops where open.

The transport department at this hotel leaves a lot to be desired:

My reservation for limo transfer to hotel on arrival (the hotel sells this feature by offering a Lexus ES-350) was confirmed via email prior to arrival but it never happened. I was one hour late in coming through emigration and luggage handling but there was no Lexus in sight. The hotel staff at the airport told me that the Lexus 'was on its way to the airport but stuck in traffic' which sounded like nonsense because there is no traffic in Doha at 23h00 on a Wednesday evening. I was transferred to the hotel in a much smaller hotel car.

I had to attend a 19h00 meeting in the Ramada area. At about 18h00 I showed the concierge Joao and a driver a map of how to find the venue and, I requested for the driver to wait there to take me back to the hotel at 20h00. They both acknowledged the venue and we agreed that I should leave the hotel at 18h30 – all confirmed I thought. At the time of departure, the driver was nowhere to be seen and another driver wanted to take me. He said he knew the venue but it turned out that he had no idea. We ended up wasting 1.5 hours in traffic and I missed my meeting.

Garson, the Duty Manager was extremely apologetic and compensated me for the mishaps with logistics, laundry, etc. He even offered me a free dinner before leaving the hotel.

Maybe this was just a series of bad incidents but it would seem to me that this hotel has lots of opportunities for improvements. How Mövenpick can label this property a 5 star business hotel puzzles me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback and for bringing your experience during your recent stay with us to our attention.

Kindly accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered and please rest assured that your comments are being looked into and action is being taken to avoid such mishaps in the future.

I hope that this does not deter you from staying with us again and we look forward to welcoming your back.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed in the hotel in April this year. very attentive staff, easy check in and check out and hotel car transport was reasonalby priced. Room was clean, and everything worked, room service breakfast arrived quickly. Only downside was a lack of enough english TV channels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback and for staying with us.

I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and I have taken note of your comment regarding the TV channels.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here during two layovers. It is less than 10 minutes by taxi from the airport and costs about QAR30. The taxi to the airport must be organized through the hotel and costs QAR45. Check in was friendly and efficient, the staff helpful in offering directions to local attractions. Our rate included the breakfast buffet which was plentiful and varied. There is a vegetarian restaurant within 5 minutes walking distance, Sukh Sagar, reviewed separately. On the second leg of our stay, we had a few more hours which allowed us time to explore. There is a bit of construction around the hotel to navigate, but once through it, the Corniche is easily accessible. The exquisite Museum of Islamic Art and the Souq Waqif are both about a 10-15 minute walk. The rooms were spotless and well equipped with toiletries and a kettle. The beds were comfortable and the area quiet enough to afford a restful night. The call to prayer, although fairly early on our first leg, was an interesting experience and completely non-intrusive. We were not bothered by airplanes or other sounds even though earplugs were provided. We highly recommend the Moevenpick for short stays, easy airport transport and access to local attractions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during both of your trips to Qatar and for your positive review.

I am glad you have enjoyed your visits to our hotel and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.