Movenpick Hotel Doha
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmuseum of islamic artcorniche roadclose to the airportbusiness tripnice hoteljazz barexcellent servicepleasant staysouq waqifconvenient locationrooms are largewest bayshort stayhealth clubroom serviceexcellent staysea view
Reviewed April 14, 2013

upon arrival you are greeted by friendly staff and escorted with your bags to you room,the room was very spacious with a comfortable bed,stocked mini-bar,the usual tea,coffee,water..there is a business centre which i used to print off some emails,and their is free wi-fi throughout the hotel.
i did not use the jazz bar but ate nearly every day in the restaurant,there are lots of themed nights and the food is michelin star quality.
The staff organised any transport i required and helped with any queries i had about the local facilities,the service in the restaurant and all parts of the hotel was fantastic,my only issue was the location of my room,there is a mosque at the front left hand side of the hotel,and i was woken most mornings around 4 am by the call for prayer,so it may be advisable to get a room at the back of the hotel...apart from this small inconvenience my stay was very pleasant.

Room Tip: get a room at the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share with us your views.

I am happy to learn that you have dined with us on numerous occasions and that you have enjoyed our food quality and varied offerings during our daily theme nights.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was very convenient for me working in an office across the road. The hotel is slightly older but I was really impressed with the breakfast and food in general. Good, cheap and cheerful business hotel. Centrally located.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing with us your positive feedback.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the hotels' location and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed in a double room which had two big comfortable beds. The room was reasonable with a tv with sufficient English channels. Breakfast was good. Passage ways stank of cigarette smoke. Beers in the pub were way over priced in comparison to other hotel bars.
Nice and close to the airport, but make sure you tell the taxi driver it's the Movenpick Hotel (old one), not Movenpick towers.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your views on our hotel.

I am happy to read that you had a nice stay with us and have enjoyed the ideal location of the hotel as well as comfort of our newly renovated rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Staffs were friendly and helpful, food was nice and the lunch buffet in particular was fantastic. Rooms are clean and spacious but a little noisy with airport being so nearby however, the hotel provides earplugs! They can improve on the double glazing though and I believe this would make the hotel an ideal place to stay for my next business trip to Doha.

Room Tip: Do use the provided earplugs otherwise noise from planes at nearby airport will wake you up if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Movenpick Hotel Doha is located very close to the airport and key sightseeing spots like the Corniche, Islamic Cultural Centre, Clock Tower, Museum of Islamic Arts and the Souq Waquif, all of which are only about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
The hotel is nicely decorated in standard international style, with a bar, restaurant, meeting/ event rooms, a lobby cafe and a gym. One big plus for us was that they offer visa processing for guests from countries that don't recieve an on arrival visa. (It was very easy to coordinate the visa processing by email and all of our paperwork was handled in a timely manner with no problems.)
The staff were all very kind and made sure to help us with maps and directions, they are also able to coordinate tours, but since we only had a short stay we didn't use the service.
The area immediately around the hotel is somewhat dead as it is mostly office buildings, but as I mentioned before the Souq Waqif which includes many different restaurants, shops and cafes is only about 10 minutes away and it is a lovely walk in the evening along the harbour. The Corniche park is very safe and a great place to explore in the evening to see the Museum of Islamic Art and the hotels lit up across the bay.
The hotel is across the harbour from the financial and upscale hotel/ shopping district, however, there is a lot of construction going on in the older section of the city which is close by in preparation for the 2022 World Cup, so I would expect this to become the up-and-coming area within the next few years.
I did not give the Moevenpick a full 5 stars only because we felt that the cost of adding breakfast was a bit steep, as was the cost of airport pickup/ dropoff. (The service was great, but the airport is so close I felt they could give guests a tiny break on the fee, or offer a small discount for round trip service.) although now that I think of it, I feel a bit guilty for complaining because there is a teapot with coffee and tea in the room, and, of course, delicious Swiss chocolates for turn-down.

Room Tip: You will hear the call to prayer, but it is cool!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCCR506
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback and for your positive review.

The hotel does boast a fantastic location for tourists and business travellers alike and I am happy you chose to stay with us.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon.