Checked in for 3 nights, Two Connecting Rooms. Being an SPG Member, this has by far been the worse of all.
1. One of the Rooms, TV wasn't working
2. A/C temperature wasn't working in one of the rooms.
3. Bathroom Leaks
4. Bed Mattress too old, its been deformed
5. Reception Staff very rude. Unhelpful. and Can't handle Much.
6. Baby Cot, requested before check-in, and in every other day, and was never provided (Lol).
7. Breakfast Buffet was the same everyday, never different options.
8. 2 Rooms, 3 Adults, 2 Children, and we were only given 2 keys total. (Reception said they aren't allowed to give more than one key, because Sheikh was here - I really really don't know what does that have to do with anything)
9. Staff Overall, Very Lazy, Demotivated, and Very rude. (Morning & Night Staff)
10. Booked through SPG preferred, No different treatment.
11. Booked room with Wifi (at a price $$), but internet was free all over the hotel and in all the rooms. (so if you do book, don't bother with extra cost for WiFi)
12. I got premium WiFi access (should be faster), it never worked, pass/user were always wrong, even reception didn't know how to connect me, or even resolve (fail)
13. In the weekends, you would hear the music all the way into your room. (was on 5th floor)
14. On the second night, they reauthorized extra from my credit card (at 1 am), when i asked, and it was "Just In Case" , even though I have settled the bill before hand, and given them a deposit, AND a Pre-Authorization.
15. On the Third Day, they charged my card a small amount to a Charity, without my consent Again. Of course this was just another pre-auth scam again.
3. Parking availability
All of the issues above, have NOT been resolved.
Very Disappointed, Will not visit again, and will not recommend.
This hotel is Doha's Dying Landmark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel stands majestically amidst 70 acres of landscaped gardens. Our five-star Doha hotel is just a few minutes drive from the lively city center where the cultural heritage and modern lifestyle meet. Well-known throughout the Middle East as the "Pyramid of the Gulf," our comfortable hotel offers excellent service - from a wide range of meetings rooms with state-of-the-art facilities to restaurants with an array of sumptuous cuisine, and bars which are frequently visited by business travelers and young professionals. We can arrange airport pickup from one of our vehicles and also entry visitor's visas prior to your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Doha Resort And Convention Hotel
- Sheraton Doha Hotel Doha
- Doha Sheraton