Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel
Ranked #9 of 135 Hotels in Doha
“Meh !”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nothing special, I was booked into a club room (and paid for same) but at check in was given a "nice room" on a non club floor, but with lounge access.

Room was generally clean, dusty, but we are on the edge of a desert, but cigarette ends on the balcony (non smoking room) took the edge off, a little.

Housekeeping was generally sporadic, some days I would get a bottle of water by my bedside, most days not, same witht he water in the bathroom, someimes replaced, sometimes not, and never got toiletries replenished, one little bar of soap all week, which gradually got smaller, same half bottle of mouthwash there all week, not really good enough.

Breakfast was good, downstairs, and evening snacks in the lounge very tasty indeed.

Used "The Harp" downstairs a couple of evenings, the usual smoky atmoshpere, not conducinve to dining, but entertaining to watch the ex-pat community and the working girls.

Given my choice to book, I would have gone to the Hilton just up the road, and thats exactly where I'll be next time around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jetsettel
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear jetsettel,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay and that particularly our Housekeeping Department was not meeting your expectations. Please rest assured that we will review the shortcomings mentioned in your review with the Department Head concerned and that we will ensure that incidents of this nature do not recur again in the future. I of course understand that you have a choice of hotels when you visit Doha and while I can understand that you may wish to stay at a competitor hotel the next time you visit Doha, however, I would appreciate it if you were to give our hotel a second chance in order for us to prove to you that your experience this time was an isolated one. As such, please contact me on my email address below when you plan to visit Doha next and I will ensure that your next stay with us will be up to your expectations. I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Doha and for now, remain

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very nice comfortable rooms, friendly and courteous staff, well situated.
Breakfast buffet was VERY good with a huge variety of choices. There are a lot of properties here to choose from this city reminds me of Dubai 15/20 years ago.

Room Tip: One with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Chris G.,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the facilities and the services met your expectations. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon and if there is anything I can assist you with in the meantime, please do let me know. Kind regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The Best From 30 Years and Still The Best! Very Comfortable Beds and Very Clean Rooms.. and the room is so big its looks like Suite! Clean and beautiful Balacony.. BIG pool and Very very good Jaccouzi Facing the sea.. and very Large Lobby.. This hotel is extremely FABULOUS!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Ali A.

thank you very much for your fabulous review of our hotel – it was wonderful to read your review and I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will be returning soon to our hotel and until then, I remain with kind regards,

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Sheraton was the first 'western' hotel to open in Doha. With it's unique architecture and impressive atrium, it would seem to remain a relatively stylish option.

The split-level room was clean and comfortable. The balcony was a great addition that allowed for views of the sea by day and the lights of the city skyline by night.

Staff were helpful and friendly. Only niggles were lack of an iron actually in the room (brought promptly up, but I always find this frustrating!), unavailability of stamps and the breakfast, which was fine but I had better at other Sheratons in the region.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear aber-james,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room and the facilities and services at our hotel. Could you let me know what was missing from our breakfast selection? I always believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and hence, we are trying hard to have a selection of international breakfast items on our buffet – but if we are missing something that would make our breakfast even better, we would gladly add this - many thanks for your assistance! We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and if I can assist you with anything else in the meantime, please let me know – I look forward to meeting you personally the next time you visit Doha and until then, I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My brother my son and I stayed here for one night, our other flight was leaving the next day in the afternoon.
We checked in around mid night and thought everything was arranged: baby bed and two single beds. Unfortunately it wasn't arranged at all even after we called the day before to check. My brother as a club member was disappointed at first and wanted to leave. But after quick arrangements: another room with baby bed, we were totally satisfied so the problem was solved.

It is a luxerous hotel with a beautiful view and our room had a balcony. Breakfast was amazing though the area where we were sat, was a little too bright because of the bright lamps.

We enjoyed our stay and maybe next time we can stay a little longer.

• Stayed September 2013
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Ruth L.,

Thank you very for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. On the outset, please accept my apologies for the fact that the baby cot was not arranged prior to your arrival – I will review this matter with the Department Head concerned in order to ensure that incidents of this nature do not recur again in the future. I was glad, however, that we were able to make the necessary arrangements nonetheless and that your family and you enjoyed the hotel and your stay with us. Please let us know when you return to Doha again – we all look very much forward to welcome you back! Until then, I remain with kind regards,

Abu Dhabi
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Needless to say it is one of the oldest hotels in Doha but the service is still good and the management try hard to keep high standards of service. Even though there are glitches here and there, whether technical or with staff, overall it is a good hotel to stay at when in Doha, especially because it is very well located.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear CCEAbuDhabi,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you appreciated the level of service from my colleagues. If you have come across any particular glitch during your stay – may it be of a technical nature of otherwise, I would appreciate it if you could send me a separate message to my email listed below as I certainly would like to know where we can improve our services to you, our customer and friend. I look very much forward to hearing from you and, at the same time, hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon again! Until then, I remain with kind regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed here on a few occasions when i travel on business to Doha. Unbelievable ocean views, modern, spacious & comfortable rooms, excellent service - what more can once ask for! If you have time and weather permitting, walking / jogging around the large property, along the beach front is a pleasure. Staff are warm and friendly. It is an old hotel but rooms have been modernized. Offers free wifi all over the property. Great hotel for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vinay-Shwetha,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the facilities and services up to your expectations – and I am particularly pleased that you enjoyed the service of my colleagues! We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,