“Great location, old building & friendly staff”

Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel
Ranked #8 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Patras, Greece
“Great location, old building & friendly staff”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Sheraton Doha is for sure not the newest kid in town, as a matter of fact its the oldest :-)....and even though the hardware lacks a bit here and there, its locatuin is one of the best in Doha, you can reach everything by taxi very comfortable.
Besides the spacious beach and garden facilities, the hotel has also a big variety of restaurants, whereas i would recommend the arabic buffet at AL HUBARA if you have kids, or the Italian LA VERANDA as it has a super garden in front of the sea! For a romantic dinner i can highly recommned PIRATES COVE, only open in the winter as it is 100% outdoor. For an after dinner drink, the IRISH HARP is the spot to be, but watsh out, on fridays its incredibly packed with too much smoke

the best at this hotel is definetly the staff.....wherever we went, everybody was extremely helpful and friendly, and there was always a smile visible in every part of the hotel!!!

we will return for sure!

Room Tip: look for a high floor at the garden site, its worth it
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Lena L,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the Food & Beverage selections at the hotel. I will share your kind comments about our service personnel with all my team members and I can assure you, that they will be very pleased to note that their efforts to make you feel at home have not gone unnoticed. We look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

J. Thomas C. van Opstal

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I called Sheraton at +97444854444 an hour ago to request for further information on the Restaurant and Bar. The telephone operator answered back to me in a very rude way that I need to call at 5pm! I know that the restaurant and bar usually opened at 5pm however the telephone operator must have a proper way of dealing with guest inquiry. He must have a product knowledge in all areas and current offers and promotions of your hotel! When I ask him to give me his name, he refused and asked me What For?! He even transfered me to F&B Department while still talking to him on the phone!!!

As I am planning to bring a large number of group to the restaurant and bar, with the way my inquiry was handled, I have changed my mind and look for another hotel with a hospitable staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RyanDy,

thank you very much for your recent post on TripAdvisor. I must apologize for the very unfortunate experience you have had when contacting our hotel. It goes without saying that your experience is unacceptable and certainly not the usual standard at our hotel. I would like to assure you that the necessary steps will be taken to ensure that such incidents do not recur in the future. I am indeed sorry that we were unable to accommodate your request but I do hope that this untoward experience will not prevent you from using our hotel again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance to you – it would be my pleasure to assist you. In the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

J. Thomas C. van Opstal

Amman
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Despite hunders of Luxury hotels opened recently in Doha, this hotel remains the best due to many facts; rooms, services, location, spa, pools, health club and beautiful huge beach on the Gulf Blue Water and many other sports facilities.
Nice restaurants with excellent food menu plus resonable prices.
Very unique hotel rooms as the shape of the hotel aloowing all room to face the Gulf with a reasonable size of Balcony attached to small sitting room seperated from the bed room by few steps,, it is fantastic.

Room Tip: No big difference in room selection as all the room provided with the same facilities.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Nazar091,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was delighted that you enjoyed the services and facilities of our hotel and that you also were impressed by the truly one-of-a-kind architecture of our hotel! Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon – it would be my pleasure to meet you personally and for now, I remain

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located on an enviable spot at one end of the beautiful corniche of Doha and gives a lovely view of the bay. Reception was prompt and hassle-free. Hotel is very clean and peaceful. Rooms are excellent and spacious. Breakfast was sumptuous and service was courteous. Could not find fault with anything! Airport limousine service was punctual and impeccable.
The only minor irritant was that wifi is allowed free of cost only for 4 hours every day. In recent days, I have come to expect basic wifi service free and as granted in most hotels. Maybe they need to look at this point to make it a complete, unmatchable experience!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Ptm27,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were content with the facilities and services at the hotel but particularly the service of my colleagues, which is what we believe sets us apart from our competitors – and is probably the reason why we were again chosen to host the Arab Summit and a home away from home for many of the participating Presidents, Monarchs and Rulers from the Arab world. I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and hope to have the opportunity to meet you personally then! In the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Arriving in Doha there is no better place to stay than at the Sheraton! The locality is perfect, the service is absolutely top notch and the food and drink is superb. Add to this that it is not that expensive by Doha standards and you have an unbeatable place to stay. We were there in mid march just before the Arab summit and I can well understand that they chose the Sheraton as a venue. It is my place to stay in Doha, no doubt about it!!

Room Tip: The Starwood Preferred Guest floor is superb
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RussianLady,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel even so you were disappointed with the resort facilities. We are currently planning a major renovation of our hotel which will include the entire resort and hopefully by the next time you visit our hotel, I will be able to share the plans with you and show you what we are planning to do. As far as the aircrafts are concerned, we will soon see these planes disappear as the flight path for the new Hamad International Airport will redirect the planes away from the city. Please contact me directly for your next reservation at pour hotel in order for me to reserve a room with resort view for you. I look forward to hearing from you and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The views are very good. The rooms spacious and match the standards. Housekeeping was very helpful. The big disappointment are the outdoor facilities. Windsurfing is -despite the description not existent. The outdoor furniture is very old, all looks run down. This part looks more 3 star than 5 star.
The noise of the planes does not bother us, but maybe if someone is sensitive.
We like the balconies and the option to enjoy the mild evenings outside.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear RussianLady,

Petaluma, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Little bit dated design, but kept up well. Outstanding fitness facility, which is open 24 hours. Excellent breakfast buffet. Very attentive staff. Kind of a lot of hookers parading around, but I didn't notice them until someone else pointed them out to me.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room facing the sea.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear MikeandSaps,

thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the facilities, services and particularly the service of my colleagues up to your expectations! I do hope that you will visit us again soon and I look forward to the opportunity of meeting you personally then. Best wishes to Seattle,