“Never ceases to please”

Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel
Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Another quick stopover in this excellent hotel where, despite a significantly heighten security presence for a meeting of the Arab League Foriegn Ministers, the staff were friendly and helpful as always. The beauty of this hotel inside and its amazing design outside never ceases to please.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
skalczynski, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Mr. Ovalmind ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again on your recent visit to Doha!

We thank you for your patronage and we are pleased we comtinue to exceed your expectations!

On behalf of all of us here......thank you!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Qatar is mostly sand and desert looking but this hotel and its lovely beach is not. Located right on the water and a 5 minute drive away from the main city, it is truly a decent place to stay for any long term in Qatar. The country is not big and this hotel is 10 minutes from the airport. Has a great gym, restuarants and pool. Well kept and good management.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry8241

Dear Mr. Larry8241,

Many thanks for your kind words on your recent trip to Doha and the Sheraton Doha!

We are delighted you find us as that "oasis" in the desert!

On behalf of all of us here, we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Travel safe!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We play squash regularly at the 2 squash courts in the "Recreation" section of the hotel. The restaurant here is a favourite. There are tables outside along the water's edge. Unfortunately the management allow other activities on the squash courts (other than squash) which could cause damage but so far it seems okay.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sheraton is a fancy hotel with horrible beach. If you walk to the water the sand feels like mud, and there are traces of some construction debris embedded in the sand. While you swim there is this smell of sewerage.
Some of the people who works there have a hard time understanding English or not interested to give a helping hand. Try to ask the Filipinos who work there, they are the only ones who will give you an extra mile to help.
The hotel is located near the mall, but don't let distance fool you, and try not to walk during a hot summer day, unless you love the scorching desert sun.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CharetMelbourne
skalczynski, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear chachamelbourne,

Thank you for your comments regarding our lagoon area of the hotel.

I am certainly sorry for your negative experience as it is certainly not indicative of the fine quality of service we are known for from this area. I will certainly address your concerns to the team in this area to prevent a similar incident from occurring.

I personally went after reading your comments to see about the smell as this is the first time we have heard of concern. Our waters are tested daily to ensure that they are safe on a daily basis.

The inner bay is muddy while the beach closer to the sea has sand 50 ft. out. I am sorry you were not aware of this.

I would agree that even though the mall is close, depending when you walk it can be very hot. We do provide complimentary transportation to the mall because of this and am sorry you were not aware.

I thank you again for your comments and look forward to having the opportunity of having you return to us in the future. Please stop and introduce yourself on your next visit!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Old structure but Neat clean and well maintained, Wish if they have more cuisines in the menu.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

During my stay in Doha I had the opportunity to stay in two hotels, each with its own strengths. One hotel was the Sheraton. Let me start by saying I always forget how nice the Sheratons are once you step foot outside the United States. My traveling companion chose this hotel based on the fact the Manager replied to every TripAdvisor review. My companion chose well. This is such a great hotel. I felt in a very touristy environment - which is what I wanted - and enjoyed their private beach and being able to drink alcohol and just relax by the water. The rooms are small but nice. There is a small refrigerator if you wanted to keep a drink cold. We took advantage of the Club floor and really were glad – except for the smoke. Maybe one day they will add a separate room for the smokers, as one night I almost had an allergy attack from two men chain smoking. The biggest down and disappointing experience was using their spa services. I was taken to this horrid little room off of the changing room. The entire time I heard children screaming. I complained and the massage therapist said it was bad but kept giving the massage. When booking the treatment, I had been asked if I wanted to “walk to the outside” and I said yes, that was fine. Not even knowing really what they were asking. Well, apparently there is a huge center for the spa treatments. I certainly wasn’t taken to it. Afterward, I had a very intense talk with one of the Assistant Managers. She was brilliant in calming me down. I am impressed with her Customer Service. Very well done. Then, defeat snatched from the jaws of victory, as the Manager never contacted me to see if the issue was resolved. I honestly have to say that was the worst spa experience I have ever had in my life, bar none (and I was still charged for it!). All that horribleness aside, I would definitely suggest someone stay at the Doha Sheraton, especially if they want a fun/touristy feeling area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vatravelergirl
skalczynski, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear vatravelergirl,

Thank you for your kind words on the Sheraton Doha! We always are trying to do our best to make you feel like you belong here.

I am so sorry about your spa experience and do apologize! Please let me know when you do return so that I can meet you and make amends.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have stayed here on a business trips a couple of times so far this year with my last stay being for 30 days in April of this year. Although looking a bit dated in places, and some minor problems with housekeeping my stay turned out to be very good. Specific mention needs to be said of the staff working in the Club Lounge who were so attentive, made it a great pleasure returning to the hotel after a long hard day working in the sun. Special mentions to Nayal and Shanika for top levels of service and providing customer satisfaction with that happy smile always on show. Duty Managment staff also need some priase for prompt actions in sorting out a few minor issues with my room.

Just returned today for another two weeks of wonderful top class service. keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Choose rooms that face the Corniche or bay area as the noise from ther new car park construction at...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear KingB69,

Thank you for staying with us on your trips to Doha! It is truly appreciated!

I am sorry to hear of your housekeeping experience as it certainly is not indicative of the fine quality of service we are know for and try to maintain.

I will most certainly pass on your kind comments on to Nayal and Shanika for top levels of service. It is always appreciated when you can recognize someone for great work Thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Doha!