“Reservation glitch”

Ranked #31 of 131 Hotels in Doha
Vico Equense, Campania, Italy
“Reservation glitch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Doha marriot is fantastic place to visit and stay..but reservations should know exactly what they are saying specially rates. I have been told by Filipino agent that this would be the price that i need to pay..but on the reception they are asking me different rates.. I have informed ahmed the agent i guess that this is the price that the reservation told me. He called the confirmed with the reservation and said that i was wrong..thats wonderful. Good jod reservation..you just made me a lier.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Matt M
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Matt M,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay. I am very happy to read that you enjoy staying with us and we always want to ensure that each of your stays are as comfortable as they can be. I apologize about your encounter regarding the rates, and I will surely look into this on both the reception and reservations side so that this does not happen again. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

John Hazard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am frequent business traveller across entire Middle East for the last 3-4 years. I stayed at the Doha Marriott for 4 nights and I am not impressed at all with the hotel. It doesn't reflect the Marriott service levels across other countries. To start with:
1. The hotel Wi-fi connectivity is an absolute mess. It took me ages to connect my laptop, phone and tablet to the wi-fi to start with. Every time you come back from outside, you go through the whole mess again of trying to connect to the web. The signal just drops any time and its a bit of a pain when you are trying to work from the room. It's a shame that no one has fixed this yet despite plenty of complaints in the reviews below.
2. This is one of those rare hotels where you can be dismissed / outright rejected for simple requests.
- Made a request to the lady at the egg counter to season my omlette - No Sir, you can season it yourself.
- Requested for a local cab to go into the city - Sorry sir. We cannot call a cab. You can wait till a cab comes in. And I waited for 35 mins for a cab at +40 deg temperature. And there was a line of 6-7 people waiting behind for a cab ! Not five star service I would say.
3. The hotel is closer to the airport but that's about it. There is nothing close by, can't walk anywhere, no cabs available. So you are pretty much stuck in there.
4. I visited during ramadan and guess what ! All restaurants are shut for a month for maintenance. You can order from the limited all-day dining restaurant, but its a shame that I had a travel out to other hotels for 4 nights to get some good food.

All in all, quite a disappointment and from what I read, there are plenty of 5 star options in Doha to try out !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kaks30
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Kaks30,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay. I deeply apologize regarding the issues that have arisen during your time with us. I have noted each of your concerns and assure you that I take this as top priority to review and discuss with the other concerned departments to see how we can resolve the issues to make our guests feel more comfortable during their stay. I reassure you that as Marriott we strive to make our guests feel at home and use all feedback to improve and avoid instances like this in the future.

Shoreline
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've been staying in this hotel on and off for the past four years while working on a project in Doha. As business hotels go, it is excellent. Comfortable rooms, good service, nice staff. JJ, the guy who answers the phone for their guest services, is a constant that I've come to rely on to look after me.

That being said, their in-house and room service dining is unexceptional. The food is adequate and mostly uninspired. You can get a good curry, for example, but most everything else is pretty meh. The biggest disappointment is the breakfast buffet. It's expensive and for the most part tasteless. I never thought someone could cook an omelet that was so utterly mediocre as to be not worth eating, but they have.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Old Tower on the water side. You'll get a balcony that way - which is nic...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear hfulghum,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experiences. I am pleased to note that you found our rooms, service consistent and that our associates were reliable and made you feel looked after during your stay. I do apologize that our food services didn’t meet your expectations; we will look into this as it is our priority to consider everything you have mentioned in order to improve and provide better quality dishes.

We look forward to welcoming you back again during your next business trips.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Doha Marriott happened to be one of the closest hotels to the airport and a last minute deal online made us go for this one. If you survive the immigration process (welcome to hell), it is really worth to take advantage of this beautiful hotel and take some rest before flying the next day. The room was extremely spacious, service was good and breakfast very nice. We didn't get to enjoy the rest of the amenities but they looked promising.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrenchieOnTheRoad
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear FrenchieOnTheRoad,

Warm greetings from the Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review about your short stay with us. It was a joy to read your review and I appreciate the fact that you mentioned our location near the airport, spacious rooms, breakfast and service. We do hope to welcome you back again soon so that you can experience the rest of our facilities as well as take a tour of Doha.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I haven't been to the Doha Marriott in a while and it was such a great feeling to be back recently. The staff (Marriott calls everyone associates, which I like) is very professional and helpful. Room was excellent. Restaurants are all excellent with Asian, Mexican (probably the weakest…), Indian, and a superb buffett for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Its close to the new airport, which, depending on where you're doing business, can be very convenient. There are many good hotels in Doha, but I always feel at home when I'm at the Marriott.

Room Tip: For a little extra, you can stay in the executive wing, which includes access to the business lounge...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Adventureman1492
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Adventureman1492,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review about your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service of our associates and that they were professional and helpful during your stay, as we strive for each day. As you mentioned we are located a short taxi ride from the new Hamad International Airport, making it convenient for travelers on business. It is great to see that you feel at home at the Doha Marriott, meaning we have succeeded in our daily goals to make our guests feel like they never left home.

We are looking forward and excited to welcoming you back to the Doha Marriott on your next travels.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

I tend to stay at Marriott hotels frequently because I (typically) know what to expect. And after two weeks in Saudi Arabia and Dubai, where I also stayed in Marriott properties, I was very sad to discover that the Doha Marriott is not at all like the others I visited on this trip.

Since it was my first time visiting Qatar, I ordered a car from the hotel to pick me up at the airport. They forgot to send it. When I got to the hotel, they put me in a room with 2 twin beds, instead of the King bed I requested (an hour later, they moved me to a King room, but it was a pain in the neck and I had to rush to get to my appointment because of the move). The wi-fi would not work. And hey did not have blackout on the windows! How do you have a hotel in a country that's 109 degrees with a bright shining sun, and not give your guests blackout curtains to help them sleep in the morning?? I don't want to wake up at 6am when the sun comes up here. The towel rack in the bathroom was about to fall off the wall, and the room service booklet was all bent up. You have hundreds of them - replace the booklet when it's beaten up.

I'm here for business, so my primary concern is getting rest. I don't really care about how nice the pool or spa are - I want a nice bed, and a good night's sleep before anything else. If this was a $120/night hotel, maybe I wouldn't be complaining. But at twice that amount, I'm not happy. Won't stay here ever again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank D F
Dear D F,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time in writing your honest review. I do sincerely apologize about the difficulties you had during your stay and that it did not fill your expectations. You have also noted that you have not found blackout curtains in the room. I will follow up with our Housekeeping Manager and investigate the situation so that we can avoid this in the future, as we do have blackout curtains in each of our rooms. I take all of your comments into consideration and I will review this with the respective managers to be sure that each of your remarks are looked at carefully.

I do hope that this experience does not stop you from coming back to enjoy our facilities. We hope to welcome you back to the Doha Marriott on your next trip to Doha.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I’ve been staying at this hotel for 3 months and I’m happy to share my experience of Marriott Doha.

Facilities- There is a gym, cardio and resistance machines. Outside pool, Ladies and mens spa with an indoor and outdoor jacuzzi.

Food- 5 excellent restaurants on site with a wide variety of choice. Asian, Indian, Mexican, Steakhouse and buffet. There is also a night club for late drinks. The weekend buffet in main lobby is incredible and well worth the cost. The breakfast is excellent covering many tastes and requirements.

Staff- They are very friendly and super helpful. From your arrival at the door, to the front desk, to the room staff and those in the restaurants and leisure area, you will receive awesome service.

Location - Close to the new HIA airport, and perfect if you are in Doha for a business trip. It’s 10-15 minutes to the city centre, Souq Waqif or the shopping malls. It’s convenient all round.

Overall

I think someone has sprinkled some magic dust over this hotel. It has a relaxed vibe and there are shining stars all around the place , which are the team that work within it. In my humble opinion, it’s well worth a visit. I’d highly recommend Marriot Doha for terrific experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Trixy67
Dear Turknoys,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review. It is a great pleasure to have you stay with us for such an extended period of time. I am happy to note that during your stay you had the chance to experience and enjoy our facilities and services. Thank you for your kind words, like you say I believe that guests like you have sprinkled some magic dust over our hotel and given our associates great pleasure in serving you each and every day. We are looking forward to having you stay with us for months to come.

Best Regards,