InterContinental Doha
$113
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,098 results
All reviewscoral restaurantbelgian cafegreek restaurantfish marketmykonos restaurantthe club loungeprivate beachnew wingpool areabuilding worklarge poolsea viewbuilding sitemain restaurantexcellent hotelthe pearlduty manager
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Beautiful beach and pool area, fantastic club room, helpful professional staff. A little way out of town. Not sure sure if facilities will seem as good when the hotel extension is completed as it seems to be very big. But I have questions for the management. Why when we sat down for a drink in a bar were we offered a very extensive alcoholic drinks menu, when we had made our choices the server then said they had not been allowed to serve alcohol in that bar since last October , so why in June are they still giving out this menu. Why in the room is there a small flyer suggesting a 5km jogging route which when you try to follow it is totally blocked by a construction site. Why were we only given the flyer about the hotels shuttle service as my husband enquired about arranging a car back to the airport. Surely this information could have been put in each room. It certainly would have meant we could have made better use of our time in Doha . The hotel very kindly brought us a cake and beautiful fruit basket as it was our wedding anniversary, at 20 past midnight on the evening we checked in. We had a small taste of the cake and a few grapes due to the late hour. When we returned from the beach late morning next day planning on eating our cake with some fruit , it had all been taken away. Just hope a staff member enjoyed the cake and fruit rather than bin it. Oh yes when we arrived the bath was full of cold water and countless rose petals, but the room staff did not clear this up in the morning in fact the bath was still like this when we left. Luckily we prefer to use the shower. So yes lots of good points but the information being given to guests needs to be examined and please give the guests a chance to enjoy their complimentary cakes and fruit. Overall enjoyed the stay but felt we could have enjoyed it more. Oh yes and a cork screw in the mini bar to open the wine would have been really useful.

Room Tip: Club rooms well worth the extra money. There are construction sites on both side of this hotel but beyond is a beautiful view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie W
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time writing a review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

It is our great pleasure to receive such kind of feedback. We deeply appreciate the gleaming review that you have written about some of the services that we have in our hotel so at least we are able to know the areas that we need to change or improve. Without we would not realized those changes. Also. we apologize for the disappointments and inconveniences that we have caused you during your stay. Rest assured that your very valuable feedback will be taken into consideration and we'll work it on so it will no longer happen in the future.

Once again, thank you so much for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am often in Doha for work and have never had a reason to stay anywhere else but at the old Intercontinental. The rooms are very spacious and there are numerous bars/restaurant options. Choices are always better than no choices...
The staff is always on top of their game, paperwork filled out prior to your arrival, and so so friendly. Probably the best thing about the hotel however is the amazing breakfast. I get up early just to sample the fresh fruit and all the great juices and well everything. Just makes my morning.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for positive feedback and for your nice review!

I'm very glad to know that you don't stay anywhere else but InterContinental Doha while your'e on a business trip in Qatar and learn your appreciation about our friendly staff who are always on top of the game.

I have shared your comments with my whole team as you have mentioned their excellent level of service. We are very much grateful for your compliments!

Indeed, we have a spacious newly refurbished rooms and great variety of restaurants so you don't have to go elsewhere but within the hotel. Thank you too for the excellent feedback regarding the breakfast in Coral All Day Dining.

I hope you will join us again in the near future for more of our service that we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I'm used to travel for business reasons and I find this hotel really great. Starting from reception, housekeeping, restaurants, waitress kindness....
Compliments to the management. Your working in a great way. See you soon

2  Thank melpes69
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Melpes69,

Thank you for the great review! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your entire experience at our hotel. We will make sure to let our entire staff know that they contributed to a magnificent stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm currently visiting Doha on a business mission and it is my first time at their intercontinental, West Bay. Staff is very welcoming and smiling. Very professional and paying proper attention to all details.
My room was ready as requested on my arrival. Very clean and neat. Defiantly recommend.

Note: Ask for Ms. Silvia at the reception area. She is a great help!

4  Thank Sameh S
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your valuable time writing a review regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Doha.

I am very glad that you have chosen our hotel as your lodging of choice while on business trip here in Doha. I am also very pleased to read with your excellent comments about the hotel and the service that our team has provided. I have forwarded your feedback to the entire team and your commendation for Szilvia.

We hope you will stay with us again whenever you travel back to Doha.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Always stay here in Doha every three months or so. Staff and rooms are on the money. Very attentive, happy & genuine.

I eat in the Belgian Bar Cafe, which suits me as steaks are good with great beer and sports on TV. One thing I always do and is a top tip, book the club room. For about $75 per day you get snacks and a great breakfast. Coffee is unlimited. May not seem a big deal, but is about $8-10 a cup by the pool as is coke.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sophielaura
RaquelG0818, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear sophielaura,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Rooms as well as your dining experience at Belgian Cafe.

We hope to see you again at InterContinental Doha.

Regards,