“Belgian Bar”

InterContinental Doha
Ranked #18 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Belgian Bar located at the mezzanine level is not only a fantastic place in Doha Qatar to drink a large range of Belgian beer but also toeat traditional belgian food, specially carbonnade flamande and mussel. It was reminding me my youth.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
asb2579, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting our Belgian Cafe at the InterContinental Doha and I am so delighted to read your excellent comments.

We hope that we could be of service to you again and welcome in our Belgian Cafe where you will surely enjoy the real taste of Belgium.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights while being on a business trip in December 2012.
The hotel is great, the rooms are huge and really comfortable and the staff are really happy to help and serve. I had limited time to spare and the consierge service proposed a good shopping mall and arranged for a transfer service in no time.

Room service and food was also great.
First night i ate at the Mykonos restaurant where a Greek fish barbeque night was organised. Had a good time, familiar music, Greek staff. Food though was not good. Really poor selection at the fish buffet. Nothing Greek at all. Local fish badly barbequed, overcooked-burned crab, lousy potatoes. Nothing to match and honor the Greek name of the restaurant. Really sad i didn't go for the a la carte choice. Maybe next time. Good wine choices though.
Breakfast is good and lots of choices for everyone.
Gym is a bit average. Looks like it is a bit over-equipped and no much place to move around.
Internet service is free and very good.
Overall a great stay. The issues i aforementioned are details and this is why i rated the hotel so highly and would recommend it easily to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank IasonasCy

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time writing a review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

We are so pleased to know read your good description on our rooms, our hotel in general, the friendliness and attentiveness of our colleagues and the excellent service provided to you by our Concierge Team. Your commendation has been forwarded to the team and recognized for their efforts.

I would like also to thank you for your honest feedback regarding the Mykonos restaurant. I have forwarded you comments to our Greek Chef who is more than happy to review their selections and their way of preparations.

Once again, thank you and I am looking forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Doha for your next business trip.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed for business, and was - at first site - amazed by such a big hotel. I rather don't go to these big chains, as I usually feel like they are too much impersonal.
This hotel is not personal or family-like but to be honest enjoying all the facilities was much appreciated.
Just before I detailed the facilities, a word about the rooms : they are of course will all confort you may wish for this kind of hotel. I would have prefer a decoration maybe more arabic style.
The fitness room is totally equipped, with sufficient air-con, and even a trainer is here, you can ask some advices. The machines are clean and brand new. I have heard that they have squash courts as well, you may take your racket!
I have tried the beauty salon for a pedicure/manucure. There are 2 of them, I have been to the one at the same level than the lobby. Honestly speaking, not the best mani/pedi ever, definitely the girls are not really trained. The beauty salon also perfoms as hair dresser, waxing,... (I hope they are better at waxing!). The salons quality does not comply with the level of the rest of the hotel.
The outside : swimming pool are great, resting areas with hammocks. Just too bad that it is not possible to go in the swimming pool during the evenings (when the outisde temperature is more acceptable and the sun less strong). I would have enjoy a cocktail in the pool bar for sure, even at 10pm.
Last but not least, there are several restaurants in the hotel complex and all of them are serving incredible good food : it is fresh, well-cooked, not spicy, and you have all choices possible to make you and your friends/colleagues happy. The breakfast buffet particularly impressed me, with such a variety of food, from occidental (eggs, pancakes, sushi) to more oriental, with quantities of fresh fruits (passion fruits ! yummy!). Certainly one of the best breakfast buffet I ever had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mac_elina

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor and for staying at our resort.

We are delighted to read you honest feedback regarding our hotel and your experience on your stay. Rest assured that all your comments and suggestions will be reviewed by us and we thank you for letting us know some of the areas for our improvement in order for us to serve you even better especially on your next visit to our hotel.

We hope to welcome you again at Intercontinental Doha!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you are visiting Doha, Qatar, this is the best place to stay. It's got the best beach in Doha, and a good choice of resurants and bars. Staff are friendly and helpful. It is a favourite watering hole for the expat community, so there are always plenty of interesting people to meet. The hotel has an excellent pool, spar and gymnasium with activities. You could stay for a week with no need to venture out of the hotel complex. There is also a free shuttle service to shopping mall and other places to visit. Overall, well recommended.

Room Tip: The hotel has recently had the rooms refurbished so make sure you get one of these preferably overlo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your valuable time writing a review regarding your stay at the InterContinental Doha.

We are so pleased to read your wonderful comments about our hotel. Rest assured that we will maintain this reputation and we hope to see you again in our property very soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I cannot say that this hotel is a bad hotel because the quality in general is ok - in terms of room and food. But, when it comes to service quality and customer service, this hotel receives an "M" for MISERABLE!

We were organizing a 150 person event at the hotel and as such we expect a certain level of customer service. Instead, we receive no customer service at all, not a single attendant from the hotel to assist with the setup, we were told that the hotel would not provide chairs for the event and when we convinced them to, they brought the chairs, set them down and said "You put them where you want them", we were not allocated ANY tables for lunch and dinner, and to top it all off, when we said we would complain and probably never come back here, we were told "that's up to you, we don't care" - in THOSE WORDS!

So Never again will we set foot in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SherifAbaza
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear SherifAbaza,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apology for the service you encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class excellence. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Rest assured, we have documented your feedback and will be forwarded to the departments involved to take actions accordingly. I appreciate your comments as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Pros: Rooms are large and comfortable, beach and lagoon are wonderful (warm wave-free water), hotel staff are helpful, breakfast was great

Cons: Internet is extra, hard to get drink service from beech safe

The hotel isn't in d/t Doha. I took half-day city tour which allowed me to see Islamic Museum, souk and Doha Pearl. (You can also take advantage of hotel's shuttle to the city.) Doha isn't that exciting; if you aren't here on business, you are better taking advantage of the beach rather than being in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Warren L

Dear Guest,

I am so delighted to read about your description of our newly renovated rooms. Indeed, we took pride of our facilities as our hotel has the largest beach front in Doha and the warmest hospitality service from our staff.

I am also pleased to inform you that we do have a free internet access. You'll just simply ask your log in details from our Frontdesk staff who are more than happy to assist you.

Thank you too for your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Doha where you can mix business with leisure.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is a brilliant hotel, excellent in all respects. Was delighted from the moment I checked in till the time I checked out, first class service at all times.
If I had to find something to moan about, it would be incredibly minor -
1. no free internet, this must vary from hotel to hotel within the IC Group, as the next Intercontinental hotel I stayed at provided internet foc. I bought a breakfast and internet package at check-in at QAR 150 per person per day
2. Lovely pool area, but the flies were a real pain - it might be worth spraying, other hotels have a similar amount of greenery but are bug free.
3. lack of taxis - every time I requested a taxi, it turned out to be a big deal and they tried to provide me with a hotel limo at twice the price. Instead I insisted on waiting for a taxi and the concierge managed get me one without a delay.....why the fuss, but the hotel needs a better arrangement with Karwa,the local taxi company, other hotels I've been to in the region have a steady stream of taxis rolling up, why not this one?

These were all minor points - this really is an excellent hotel, great rooms, really spacious and comfortable, especially the bed. And the breakfast in the Coral restaurant is fantastic, everything you could possibly wish for.

Room Tip: Lot of refurb going on at the moment, and although not noticeable as it is well boarded up, be caref...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
asb2579, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for taking a moment of your valuable time writing a review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

I am so pleased to read your comments about our hotel. Indeed, we deliver our promise to provide high standards of service to our valuable guest like you.

Regarding your comments about the internet, as we are taking our guest comments and suggestions seriously, we are already providing a free internet access to our in-house guest with the assistance of our front desk colleagues who will provide you the login details. As for the flies, we do have an Integrated Pest Management System in place and our pest control contractor are working hard to to avoid such pests getting into our premises. And as for the taxis, we will try to find a solution in order to provide you more convenience in the future.

Mr. Chris, thank you for your valuable comments and for your excellent rating. We hope to see you again at the InterContinental Doha in the near future.