“One of the best...”
Review of K108 Hotel

K108 Hotel
Ranked #35 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed February 9, 2014

K108 is most definitely one of those hidden gems of this region... a benchmark in quality you will hardly notice in its contemporaries. Despite donating 100% of its profits to charitable causes, there is never a compromise on quality, and its obvious every little detail has been carefully and fully thought through - a seemingly rare achievement these days. The breakfast is another unique stand-out, a continental pre-plated affair, but probably much more satisfying than unnecessarily long and oft mismanaged buffets. The two Michelin stars held by the restaurant definitely shine bright when required; be it the breakfast or the signature burger - arguably the best one in town. The location, as many have pointed out - may not be the most ideal, but given the size of the city, it hardly seems to matter!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SagarAjinkya
K108DohaQatar, Front Office Manager at K108 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Mr. Sagar, Thank you for your review and feedback your recent stay in February 2014 at K108 Hotel Doha. It gives us both great pleasures to read & make us feel privileged to have had you & served you. Hope you enjoyed excellent food at our yum yum restaurant as well.

We will be delighted to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the 22Jan2014 for one night during a stopover on the way to Thailand and I must say it's a great hotel when it comes to balance price and quality. We booked a Standard Room (2 Adults) and I requested both a high floor with views to Al Corniche and a late check-in as our flight arrived late at night. Both requests were quickly noted by the staff of the hotel, who confirmed via email, and once there, we didn't have any problems and everything was totally fine and the staff were very nice to us. We wanted to visit the city and we were short of time, so we didn't have the time to check out the swimming pool, what a pity!

The room was on a high floor with views to Al Corniche as requested. Rooms are very spacious and the bed was huge. The bed was my favourite part of the room, as it was extremely comfortable, with all the pillows and I had a great sleep there. Everything was clean and the bathroom was also very big and beautiful. The only bad thing about it, if any, is that when I had a shower at night, some water came out of a drain pipe on the floor of the bathroom but no big deal as the morning after we also had a shower and none of us had this problem again.

The location of the hotel is really convenient, as it is close to the airport. Although far away from the skyscrappers area, this city is usually visited by foreigners with a stopover at the airport, and it can be visited very easily by taxi, as those are really cheap. They will take you to any part of the city in no time, and you can also negotiate with the taxi drivers and they might accept to show you around the city for some hours with a fixed price. I think the city can be easily seen (overall) in just a day or less, so this is also an option.

All in all, I recommend this hotel to anyone who might visit the city and stay in a great hotel without having to pay huge quantities of money. Amazing relation price-quality!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. I was in a Standard Double Room and I have a great opinion on it fo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mr. Nomad, We appreciate your time spent on writing a review. Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay & experience at K108 Hotel Doha, and We are glad to hear that you appreciated our associate's level of service.

We hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

very nice ambience with friendly stuff.
Close to the Airport / Museum of Islamic Art and as well to the old center of Doha called Souq Wagif. The restaurant is just great and all prices are fair. Just enjoy it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
K108DohaQatar, Front Office Manager at K108 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Mr. Hassan, Thank you for being our guest & for the opportunity given to serve you during your stay with us in January, we were overwhelming to read your feedback here.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I think if cost concerns you and you are you have a car and looking great value and clean stay, K108 will best the best choice in Doha. two issues will face you and they are
1.Location and constuction around it, plus to the fact Souq wagif is not walking destance.
2.parking is not available but the hotel will take care of that.
Other than that I loved my stay and i would stuggest others and i would suggest it to everyone who see Souq Wagif hotels are expensive and want to be near that area.

Room Tip: Choose a room far from constuction area
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Al Hazmioz, Thank you for your review and feedback from your recent stay & Experience at K108 Hotel Doha on January 2014.

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I noticed this hotel from the booking websites and was curious to see it for real. I liked how it was designed in traditional Qatari style, yet in a modern aspect. At first when we arrived we were worried because the parking lot was full and the hotel is located in a crowdy old street where it's almost impossible to find a parking spot. But that was solved when they offered a parking service where they took your car and park it for you.
Moreover, the hotel is very close to Souq Wagif- the main traditional market where you can find hundreds of eateries, antique shops and other activities for adults and children. Which makes it very reachable especially when you are tired after a busy day.
In addition, the hotel offers free beverages all through your stay, which shows a clear sign of Islamic generosity and welcomeness.
Something really caught my eyes inside the bathroom which is a warm metal bars beside the sink for drying your towels or even clothes. It's really convenient for mothers.
Finally, I highly recommend this hotel if you ever consider visiting Doha.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Mr. Haboob, Thank you for being our guest & for the opportunity given to serve you during your stay with us in January, We are happy to hear your positive feedback in regards to the overall services & facilities.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have been traveling to Qatar for business for the past 5 years. I typically travel to Doha once a year for a month and have stayed in different accommodations every time. Of all my trips, my experience with K108 hotel has been the most pleasant from pick up to drop off. Here’s what you need to know:

AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION: My company arranged for airport transportation through the hotel's taxi service (QR45). Hotel is located less than 10 minutes away from the Doha International Airport, which is really nice after a 14 hour international flight. It might take a few more minutes once the new airport opens.

HOTEL STAFF: Everyone is very friendly and welcoming from the hotel manager to reception to room service.

ACCOMMODATIONS: Room is modern and minimalist. Bed and pillows are very comfortable. Bathroom has marble floors and walls, nice vanity, spacious bath tub, heated towel rack and lighted magnifying mirror. My room faced the Corniche so I had a nice view of the West Bay skyline. Some drawbacks are that I woke up a few times from the early morning prayer (there is a mosque speaker located just outside the hotel). Also, the walls are very thin so I could hear my neighbors.

FOOD: I really enjoyed the hotel’s restaurant, Yum Yum, located on the top floor. I dined there several times and ordered room service. I had the restaurant’s seafood risotto several times (my favorite) and the beef mignon is very good. The restaurant’s desserts were to die for. The sorbet is light and refreshing and the chocolate fondant is rich and sensual. Their burger (room service) is very tasty as well. The only thing I did not like was the room service breakfast – but maybe because I am used to the American breakfast ;-).

LOCATION: While close to the airport, not many places are walking distance from the hotel. Perhaps as a male, it wouldn’t be a problem, but as a female, I definitely would not feel safe walking alone to the Museum of Islamic Art which is 2 roundabouts away. There are also not too many family food places nearby, but you can always take a taxi.

Overall, K108 was my home away from home this December and I would definitely want to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Top floors have nicer views of the Corniche. But for light sleepers, beware of staying in rooms faci...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank s0ophisticated
K108DohaQatar, Front Office Manager at K108 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Ms. Teves, Thank you for being our guest & for the opportunity given to serve you during your 3 weeks stay with us in December, we were overwhelming to read your feedback here.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We spent a night at this lovely hotel and I have to say it made a great impression on us. Room is big, bed is large and comfortable. The view is nice, so it's worth to ask for highest possible floor. We also enjoyed breakfast on top floor. The location was perfect for us as it was 10 min from the airport. Very friendly and nice staff. We'll stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: take highest possible floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gosia K
K108DohaQatar, Front Office Manager at K108 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Gosia K, Thank you for your kind review & your recent stay in December 2013 with us.
We are happy to hear your positive feedback in regards to the staffs and overall services.

It was and will be our pleasure to serve you, and to welcome you soon again.