“best brownies in town”

Bread and Bagels
Ranked #175 of 971 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Enjoy our unique Bagels sandwiches, delicious Pizzas, fresh Salads, American Desserts and freshly ground coffees. Dine in, take out and delivery all over Doha
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The sandwiches, bagels and drinks are all good. We've been several times and never been disappointed. Service can be a little slow, but we've never been in a hurry. The brownies are out of this world good.

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your review.
If you loved our Brownies, then we have great news for you: Next week you will be trying our new Peanut Butter Brownies! To die for!!!
Thank you and hope to seen you next week at Bread and Bagels!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Love the pizzas but only a few flavours on the menu. Service can be very hit and miss. Recommend pre-ordering and collecting yourself. Bagels are excellent but only if you get them fresh that day.

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for posting your review.
Please note that you can always ask for any additional topping you like on your nice Pizza :)
Our bagels are always fresh, the ones that you see in the display are not older than 3 hours max. We even sometimes bake every hour!

Cheers!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

It took me a while to find out about Bread and Bagels after moving to Doha, but I am so glad I did. Their hot, oven-fresh bagels and muffins are fantastic, their sandwiches and cheesecakes are delicious, and their pizza is a great alternative from the usual suspects. Their delivery service makes them an office default, and their manager is very proactive and friendly, obviously passionate about his business. Even more convenient is that you can order for deliver online!

Jimmy O, Owner at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Ms. Emily,

It's always great to have you at Bread and Bagels and to serve you and your co-workers!
Thank you for your nice review, and we assure you we will keep up to your expecttions.

Bon Appettit!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nice coffee, bagels are delicious. Love the vegetarian pizza. Charming interior. Great place to relax and read a book.

The lack of music is somewhat disappointing, though -- a bit of jazz/blues in the background would have contributed big time!

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

It's great to hear you come and relax at Bread and Bagels!
We do have a background music that should be always running, but sometimes people come and meet for business and ask us to switch iy off. Please next time you visit, if you cannot hear the misic, ask the waiter to turn it on again. You can even bring your ipod and hook it on to our docking station and let us enjoy your kind of music :)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

While visiting my mom in Doha, we had breakfast or lunch here almost everyday. It is one of my mom's favorites so she comes quite often and I really liked it too. The bagels are not the style you would find in NYC or even in a chain like Einstein's in the US, but they are good and it is nice to have a bagel option in Doha. Plus the prices are really reasonable.

The bagels are more bread-like than the traditional bagels I am used to and come in 4 varieties (I think), but I usually just got the plain or whole wheat. The menu is not extensive, but there are nice choices. I ordered the grilled haloumi pesto sandwich the first day and loved it so much that is what I got almost every time. The sandwiches are served with either potato salad or coleslaw, but they let me substitute a simple green salad instead. However, I tried my mom's potato salad and it was really nice. It was mostly potato chunks with some cream instead of basically just mayo like a lot of potato salads. Also the salads are fresh and delicious and you can add grilled chicken to them. The pizzas are good too.

I also loved their lattes. I don't like the strong, sour coffee that you get in one of the popular chains, but at Bread and Bagels I didn't have to worry about that. The coffee flavor was nice and the flavored (I usually got caramel) lattes were made perfectly.

The atmosphere is bright and cheery and the staff are quick and polite. I read some of the other reviews that said they were slow and the service staff was unpleasant. We never experienced any of that. Maybe it is because my mom goes there a lot and they know her, but we were always greeted and given menus within minutes of walking in. Our order was taken promptly and the food came out in reasonable time.

Anyway, I enjoyed our visits to Bread and Bagel and would recommend giving it a try.

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Good day!

We are pleased that you liked our Bagels sandwiches, Salads and Pizzas. What about our Cheesecakes and Carrot Cakes? You have to give them a try when you next visit your Mom in Doha :)

Thank you for your nice review and we hope we will always meet your expectations.