“Am I missing something?”
Review of Bread and Bagels

Bread and Bagels
Ranked #178 of 930 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Enjoy our unique Bagels sandwiches, delicious Pizzas, fresh Salads, American Desserts and freshly ground coffees. Dine in, take out and delivery all over Doha
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Sure, the bagels are ok. They would taste far nicer if you didn't have to wait for what seemed like a lifetime for a waitress to acknowledge you / give you a menu / take your order / then begrudgingly have your order taken - not to mention how long it takes for your order to arrive! I have come here once a month - purely to have a little time out away from the hustle and bustel - as they have a hair salon in the same complex - so this is not the opinion of someone who has been here just once.
Each time I have been here (which is once a month for the last 12 months, there has never been more than 4 tables occupied - inside or out) I have been absolutely bemused at the lack of customer service, the scowl on the cashiers face, - infact, once I sat directly infront of the till with a bottle of my own water for 20 minutes and not once was I approached by anyone - which was fine by me as I had my own water, - the bagel has been completely and utterly lost on the dire atmosphere of the place - CHEER UP!

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Good evening,

Thank you for your review. At Bread and bagels, not only we welcome the good reviews, but we also appreciate the criticisim. This is the only way we can improve our service.
As a matter of fact, you are right: The staff should CHEER UP! They should be more careful. But, as a casual cafe, we welcome regular guests who sometimes come just to sit around to read a book or just use our free internet, and in case they want to order something, they go to the the cashier and, just order :)
Yes, you are right, the waiter/waitress should in all cases and ask every guest if they would like to order.
All staff will be briefed immediately after showing them your review.
We hope next time you visit you will find the improvement and our service will be as excellent as our food!
Again, Thank you for your review.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I happen to taste one of the best bagels ever ... Salmon with cream cheese. Absolutely yummy!!! Their pizzas are also to die for, competition for some of the other pizza makers. They have a huge variety of bagels and spreads. The only downfall is the delivery time. It usually takes between 1h30 and 2 hrs to deliver:-(

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your great review!
Please rest assured that we are working on recruiting more delivery staff! Here in Doha, it's much easier to recruit engineers that delivery drivers:)
If your location is not in West Bay area, then traffic also can be a factor.
We promise you our delivery time will improve.
Bon Appetit!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Regularly use Bread & Bagels to deliver lunch to my nearby office. Always prompt, always very good. Pizzas are particularly good with European style thin bases and quality toppings rather than the normal pumped up bread and cheese offerings of the big global chains.

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your nice review. I hope we'll always be up to your expectations!
If you only have been using Bread and Bagels for delivery, we would like to invite you to try dining in and try our delicious desserts and coffees :)

Bon Appetit!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

By far my favorite breakfast spot in Doha, in between the variety of bagels and a coffee to get you going for the day.

I also find it necessary to grab a double chocolate cake during the week :-)

I like the smiles, the portions and the setting.

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Mr. Said,

We are glad you like our breakfast and Chocolate cake, and it's always great to have you at Bread and Bagels!

Samer

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This little gem is a great find ! The bagels are fresh and generously filled. The pizzas are well presented and not over topped. But the biggest secret! The carrot cake, I'm not saying anymore other than go there and try it. But then keep it to yourself !

Jimmy O, Manager at Bread and Bagels, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I'm very glad you like our Bagels, pizzas and carrot cake! Why don't you give our cobb salad a try? Surprises are coming with our new upcoming menu as well! Bon Appetit!