“High Expectations - Average Reality”
Review of Blue Restaurant

Blue Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 872 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: CREATIVE CASUAL CUISINES FROM DIFFERENT CONTINENTS Inspired by the beautiful blue of the earth this restaurant offers a menu filled with global gastronomic delights from Western steaks to Oriental Sushi. It offers indoor dining in modern and contemporary surroundings, or for more casual dining, a spacious lounge terrace area with spectacular views across Aspire Park. Wherever you choose to dine you can enjoy an array of delicious dishes prepared by a host of chefs from around the world.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High Expectations - Average Reality”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I went there with my wife and another married couple. the staff are extremely courteous, mannered and friendly.
the setup of the terrasse is great.

First, we ordered tomato soup, shrimp soup and Mushroom soup; the Shrimp and tomato soups have excellent taste however the mushroom soup taste was less than average.
the size of the soup makes you feel that this is a sample as it is presented in the smallest soup bowls i have ever seen in my life... like the size of a cup of tea...

we then ordered two Sizzling wagyu, 1 butter chicken and 1 linguini ... the taste of the main dishes were wonderful, although the portion size is very small compared to the price and quality.

we ordered also French Fries platter and a cocktail however they forgot to serve them both.

????

• Visited February 2014
Grand_Heritage_Doha, Manager at Blue Restaurant, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing BLUE as your preferred dining venue and for taking the time to write a review.
Your feedback is taken highly into account in providing the perfect dining experience.

I am however disappointed that your experience was not up to our usual high standards.
And we apologize for your seemingly unpleasant experience.

Both, the Chef & Service team have been made aware of your concerns in hope that your next visit to BLUE will be as spectacular as it should be.

Thank you again & we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to BLUE in the future.

Best regards

• Arabic first
“Ok not great...”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant indoor was nice and elegant. It was was very modern and very blue. But we opted to seat outside to enjoy the view of the aspire park. Outside, there was nothing special really. Sure, the view of the hotel and the aspire park was amazing but the restaurant itself was a bit lacking. It was a bridge between the hotel and the park so there's no 'exclusivity'. People were jogging next to some tables. I just don't expect it from an bit of expensive restaurant.

The food was just about average. We ordered a grilled shrimp and a Mediterranean mix grill. The mix grill was very nice. But the shrimp was a bit dry. Both dishes should have some sort of a sauce, to 'moisten' the food. Serving size was quite small (considering the price) but thanks to the complimentary bread, we went home full.

Ask if we will be back again, probably yes but it's not on the top of my list.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time out to write a review for BLUE as we do take each guests unique and individual feedback into consideration.

I have extended your comments regarding the taste & portion size of the food to the Head Chef in BLUE. Thank you

I am surprised to hear that you were not too impressed by our outdoor terrace dining area as we have just won quite a prestigious award for “Favorite outdoor venue” at the 2014 Qatar Choice Awards held in January.
Should you have any greater concerns, comments or suggestions please feel free to contact me directly on my email address aalatrash@grandheritagedoha.com and I would be happy to hear exactly what you thought may have been “lacking” at BLUE. Your comments are most welcome.

Otherwise may I suggest dining with us on a Thursday or Friday night where we do have a live band playing on the terrace, for that extra bit of entertainment.
Also Friday Brunches at BLUE are quite the family time favorite.

BLUE family looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many Thanks & Best regards,

“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great food with very nice presentation. Elegant place with amazing outdoor seating! Delicious sushi  Highly recommended for special occasions where you can enjoy the food and the musical band

Visited October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to write about it.

The BLUE team are most delighted to hear that you had an amazing dining experience and look forward to welcoming you & your family back soon.

Many Thanks & best regards,

“My second visit...”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Too expensive for the quality of food. Staff were very friendly for the second time. I would really think twice before I go there again. For the quality of food I can find much cheaper restaurant in Doha.

Dear Valued Guest,

As a valued guest your feedback is taken highly into account in providing the perfect dining experience.

I have spoken with our Head Chef regarding your concerns on the Quality of our food and I can assure you that we use only the best quality ingredients in our dishes, especially our Fish & Steaks as we pride ourselves on the highest quality & freshness needed to create our award winning Sushi & mouth-watering beef cuts.
Besides also being a five star hotel, this does explain our market related prices.

We thank you for your feedback though and look forward to welcoming you back to BLUE in the near future.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
“A surprisingly good experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The food here is very good especially the Maki and wagyu Steak . The service is friendly and good although it was quiet when I was there. There is the opportunity to sit outside in the cooler weather so will try that next time.

• Visited January 2014
Grand_Heritage_Doha, Manager at Blue Restaurant, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly let me take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write in your review.

We are delighted to read your comments and we thank you for choosing Blue as your preferred dining venue.
Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the entire team.
Regarding the terrace, kindly note that we have implemented outside heaters to make it more convenient for you.

The Blue team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Akram Al Atrash – Food and Beverage Manager