“Make sure you dont visit afternoon time only mornings and after 4pm”

Katara Cultural Village
Ranked #5 of 106 things to do in Doha
Doha, Qatar
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make sure you dont visit afternoon time only mornings and after 4pm”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I liked the way it looked as a place for couple and kids.

What I disliked is when they closed in the afternoon, which we were hoping to have luch one weekend and they were closed from 12-4pm I think or 6pm.

Visited July 2013

28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Average and Overpriced”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was asked to goto Katara as one of the major monuments in Doha. It's a modern construction but styled upon old heritage style. The upside is the sea view, which is beautiful at sunset. The down side are the restaurants. The service was below average, over-priced and food was nothing to write home about. Over all its a decent place to enjoy an evening if you don't have high expectations of dinner.

Visited May 2013
New York, New York, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Interesting architecture”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

There is still a lot of construction going on. I went on a week day so the place was deserted. But on weekend, I was old is packed with people with many local families. It does not really showcase too much of local culture other than the building architecture as everything is newly built. But I do like the Birdhouse Towers. There are golf cars that can take you everywhere for free if you do not feel like walking especially when it is hot outside.

Visited July 2013
“Well done Katara”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Having visited more than 40 odd countries I must say that I am really impressed by the katara valley of culture. I was there by myself on a weekend out of my work assignment and I was just astonished by this amazing place. This is definitely a benchmark for other countries to follow. They have a wide selection of resto's. I had a wonderful lunch at the Indian restaurant. Anyway well done Qatar!

Visited June 2013
Greater London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“A good selection of restaurants”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A location to escape to for food and local culture. It has a good mix of restaurants and is by the beach.

Visited June 2013