“Something not quite right?”
Review of Bliss Spa Doha

Bliss Spa Doha
Ranked #2 of 30 Spas & Wellness in Doha
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1996 in New York, Bliss(R) ignited a modern spa revolution by combining a clever menu of super-effective services and a fun, "no-attitude" atmosphere. With touches like rhythm and blues tunes, a brownie buffet and the most talented staff on the planet, it's no wonder we've gained a gaggle of grooming groupies over the past decade. Bliss' lauded line of bath, body and skincare products are all inspired by countless hours of tension-nixing and skin-fixing at our spas - so every formula receives the "esthetician seal of approval". Just imagine: concierges booking "Carrot and Sesame Body Buff", "Hot Milk and Almond Pedicure" as a wake-up call and "Triple Oxygen Treatment" together with turndown service. And that's just the start of the brilliant Bliss(R) Spa in Doha, the first of its kind in the Middle East.
London, United Kingdom
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Something not quite right?”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I treated myself to a Blissage Massage during my stay in November - a treat to celebrate the conclusion of a busy business week. Whist I could not fault the treatment, which was overall superlative, the experience was completely spoilt by a complete lack of ambiance and the constant sound of what I can only describe as "drain-water" from the hotel rooms above the treatment rooms. Better sound proofing definitely needs otherwise a clear need to relocate the treatment rooms. Would I come back again? Possibly. But I would definitely ask if the treatment room that was being allocated was quiet and not affected by the sound of running waste water.

Also a tip: Yes, the treatments are expensive - perhaps the most expensive that I've paid for - but it's well worth asking if the Spa is running any promotions or offering discounts. Thgis did pay off in my case - albeit before I discovered the above described "noise pollution" problem.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank spmmik53

• Korean first
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Bliss to bliss”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had an amazing almost milk pedicure...was excellent...soft and very smooth my skin afterwards...my therapist was very efficient well known about her job and the bliss product line...no pushy at all if I want to buy any of it...of course I did.....great foot relaxation....

Visited December 2013
3 Thank skfmac
Doha
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My go to place for facials”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've been going to Bliss Spa for a couple of years for facials. I've been to other spas in Doha that have a much better ambiance. But the main reason I go back to Bliss is because they know what they're doing. I would not trust other spas with my skin.
As for getting waxing done here,don't do it,it's over priced.
Manis/pedis and body treatments are pretty good.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Asmatic
Doha, Qatar
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Avoid waxes”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked in a wax session which was at 9pm - perfect last min booking.... All I can say is it wasn't the best experience; the therapist seemed keen to go home and the areas waxed all grew back with ingrown hairs - first time this has happened to me in many years. I paid a lot of money and have not been back since.

Maybe other treatments are more deserving of a lovely review but I shan't be going back at all. Good luck.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Nicola_Rowe
Doha, Qatar
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Bliss in Doha at the W Hotel”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love the W Hotel in Doha for many reasons, but the Bliss Spa is tops. One of the advantages of going to the Bliss is the hotel valet service. Anyone who lives in Doha can appreciate not having to search for parking, especially in the heat. The Valets are a great bunch too. I often have my car cleaned inside and out, while I relax at Bliss. In all the spa visits I had over the years, I never met more professional ladies than at this spa. I often see the same ladies, depending on the services I select. I typically request a body treatment, back massage and manicure / pedicure. In addition to these services, I have tried the facials with some of the ala carte facial build-ons.

When one walks into the spa, they are greeted by the ladies at the reception desk. Immediately, someone escorts you to the changing room, which have tall lockers with automated locks. After changing you wait in a lounge area, which includes a variety of teas, fruit and snacks.

Body treatments – My favorite is the orange and white pepper scrub, although I tried the exotic lime with ginger treatment too. It seems to me that the orange and pepper scent stays longer than the lime and ginger, but both are delicious. Absolutely, my skin feels much softer after a body treatment. I prefer the 60 minute treatments to the 30 minute ones.

Massages – I like The Rubber Neck massage, where a parafango pack is applied to the back before the massage. This massage is focused on the back, shoulders and neck. Heavenly. The aromassages are wonderful too. I like the sweet orange essential oil.

Manicure – I like a long manicure and pedicure. I usually opt for the hot cream manicure with the paraffin wax treatment. These ladies are very efficient, and use hygienic practices. I had a great time talking with them. Foot Patrol Pedicure takes place right behind the manicure stations. They have tea, snacks and magazines available, plus television. The manicure room contains three stations, and two chairs for pedicures.

Facial - Try the hydrafacial. This is a fairly popular facial treatment in the United States, and it's true there is no downtime after having this facial. You will look radiant for days. This treatment has the usual facial components, but uses a fusion of antioxidants and hydration.

The W Hotel also has excellent food by the way. When I schedule at Bliss, I always try to arrive early to eat breakfast or lunch. They have a wonderful selection of food with very fresh fruits and vegetables.

Now, I have written about other spas in Doha, but I seem to return to the W Hotel. Yes, it is true that the pricing is a grade above some spas but the prices are really in line with other hotels with similar spa treatments. In my experience with spas, the W presents a package deal. I like the amenities at this hotel. The staff is absolutely professional and friendly. The spa is clean and keeps sanitary practices. The spa also sells the complete line of Bliss products, which is handy

Contact Info: Bliss spa really works with finding appointments that are convenient to your schedule: 4453-5555 Also, check out the Bliss website at blissworld.com

Located in Westbay almost across the street from City Center Mall.

Visited October 2012