“Best meat fiesta in qatar”
Review of Ipanema

Ipanema
Ranked #53 of 1,142 Restaurants in Doha
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Discover an authentic Brazilian Churrascaria (char-grill) with Rodizio-style service. Choose from different sizzling meats and seafood on skewers carved at your table at one of the most memorable restaurants in Doha. Open for Friday brunch with live music
Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

We have visited ipanema for a thursday night dinner for my daughter's birthday. It was very welcoming of Rodel to take care of the slightest details to assure that we enjoy the night to the max.
The tender meat was mouth-watering, with a variety of delicious cuts including seafood and chicken.
The staff are super friendly, and are always smiling. They listened to our requests, and were more than generous in providing us the food.
The chef, Manuel, visited our table and we were very happy to meet him.
In conclusion, if you love meat and would like to spend a night listening to a live band, surrounded my friendly staff and delicious food, ipanema is the place to go. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Hanan333
FnB_Marriott_Marquis, General Manager at Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2019

Dear Hanan333,

Thank you for this fantastic review of our restaurant.

We are glad that you chose to celebrate your special day with us here at Ipanema restaurant, and that you and your family enjoyed the evening from the food, the service and the entertainment

We look forward to welcoming you back for many more wonderful evenings.

Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

In terms of food it was a good experience, but somehow the communication between Resturant operation and reservation doesn’t work well .I booked table for 1 Feb 2019 in advance and to reconfirmed to check and update some information I called 3 days prior and was upset due to reservations wasn’t there .
I was transferred on phone to restaurant and was told no reservation . Anyhow it wasn’t to late , so I rebooked for 1Feb 2019 and told that it is birthday of my Wife on 2Feb and I know you will close by 11:30 pm please make sure we move to another outlet by 11:30 pm after dinner and as surprise over there to arrange small cake and keep all the activities after 12 am .
As soon we arrived at Resturant were taken to the table and bin go “ happy birthday “ banner and balloons there ( told them not to do anything in Resturant as her birthday is on 2nd Feb so we can have all those activities in another outlet , which was glu bar at lobby level ) . I have no complaint about food or the very nice servers. They all were amazing . 11:15 pm another surprise came when they bring small cake with crew singing ( this wasn’t a good for that moment as birthday celebration should be in glu after 12 am ) . It was a small gesture but not on the correct time as communicated .
Well we were escorted to Glu bar at lobby level and I was told table is booked and we will bring cake . We were there from 11:30 pm to 12:30 pm nothing came .
I asked waitress she said was there an order ? That moment we decided to leave as It was embarrassing .
I think communication channel news to be address and staff should trained on this .

1  Thank Assigee110681

Dear Assigee110681,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your candid feedback.

I am happy to read that you found the food to be so enjoyable, and in saying so please note that your comments regarding the communication flow have been brought to the respective department. we will do our best to make sure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

I have been here many times. Very nice restaurant and staff. Especialy Ahmed. For sure I will come here again and again.

1  Thank 614cavid
FnB_Marriott_Marquis, General Manager at Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear 614cavid

Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback.

And thank you for becoming one of our valued regulars. We enjoy creating memories for our guests, and to hear about them is even better, I am delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Ahmed.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

I went there with a group of friends 17 to be exact. Starting with the extremely slow service we had to complain at least 5 times that no one is passing across our table although the place wasn’t full. And the food was of low quality, and bad taste. Honestly I am surprised and definitely I am not going there again

Date of visit: February 2019
FnB_Marriott_Marquis, Director of Restaurants at Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear 914tarekk,

Many thanks for sharing your review on TripAdvisor

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your previous visit at Ipanema restaurant please accept our deepest apology for the inconvenience.

Your opinion is important to us and ensures we can improve our guests experience in the future. Please if you could please contact me directly at Nabil.Chihab@marriott.com so that we can discuss your experience further.
Regards,

Nabil Chihab
Director of Restaurants

Reviewed February 1, 2019

Popular location for westerners. Live music on weekends. Located in Marriot hotel. Food was decent, garlic steak was best option. Seasoning was alright, could take a bit more salt. They have a dessert bar, but not a lot of options that I liked. Good for group dinners. Would only go again if in a group setting.

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank Kiara_Colon9
FnB_Marriott_Marquis, Front Office Manager at Ipanema, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear Kiara_Colon9,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you had a chance to visit us at Ipamena Brazilian restaurant; however we are surprised to hear that you left not fully satisfied. That being said we appreciate your feedback and hope that you will join us again soon with your group of friends.

General Manager, Marriott Marquis City Center Doha

Been to Ipanema? Share your experiences!