“On Business, but travelled with Family”

Concorde Hotel Doha
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We found the hotel to be very nice, clean and staff very friendly, internet was fast and reliable. Apart from being a dry hotel, the only room for improvement is that of the room service with the replenishment of towels, shower gels, loo rolls etc etc, I had to ask! Also my request prior to arrival via email and subsequent phone call to have a baby cot in the room was not carried out; this was quickly rectified shortly after our arrival. We would stay again no problem!

2  Thank Glen G
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

Please note that we have added extra baby cots to our inventory in order to serve all guests at all times. We look forward to have you with us in the near future.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week during my visit in Doha. This is a brand new 4* hotel at international level. As I said nothing more, nothing less. I was not impressed by the hotel and its facilities despite impeccable staff service. Everybody was very friendly and tried to do their best in order the guest to be happy. Nice furnished and specious rooms, but I advise you to put a remark for a non-smoking room if you prefer not to have a smell of cigarettes. We had a little problem with the bath, but it was fix right after I informed the staff. Good breakfast, the same every day. Unfortunately the a-la-carte menu restaurant hadn’t been opened yet and for a dinner is better to go out if you would like to try some local food. It is good to be aware that it is very chilly inside the hotel, as well as everywhere you go into closed areas – malls, taxis, museums, etc. One thing I didn’t like is the concierge will not call a taxi for you, but will a arrange only a limousine service for a triple price with the excuse you have to wait too long for a taxi. I advise you to go out from the hotel at the boulevard and not more than 5 mins waiting time a taxi (or a regular car) will stop. Normally the driver will try to bargain on price, but you can decrease the proposed rate twice or insist on meter charge. The location is good in the old part of the city, only 20-25 mins walking distance from the famous Souq Waqif. You can reach the modern part of the city by taxi, which takes you aprox. 15mins. The city beach costs 100 qatari rials and it is not allowed for women wearing regular female swimsuit. There is a small beach in front of Sheraton hotel with access against 200 rials, but I’m not sure about the female dress code. The hotel is situated in modern part and it is known as one of the few places in Doha where alcohol is served. Nowhere, even in the high level restaurants you can’t order even a beer. In the Concorde as well.

Room Tip: ask for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travellerinv

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. It is only through guests such as your good self where we find the opportunity to improve our product & services.

We are in the process of reviewing all the concern points you have mention above to serve you & facilitate better next time.

With regarding the restaurant kindly be advised that we provide both buffet and a-la-carte menu in Olives restaurant for the convenience and choices of the guest and we are will be opening our Italian restaurant in November 2012.

In Doha taxis are very limited & it is a hassle as it takes at least one 1 hour to reach up on request to avoid the situation we propose the guest for a limo transportation for their convenience.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back soon & have the opportunity to serve you better.

Best regards

Reviewed October 22, 2012

New hotel with great service and staff
I visited the hotel for the third time now, and it is still as good as I visited it the first time.
Breakfast buffet is really good
Staff are very welcoming and tried to help in any possible way

2  Thank Laith K

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read your favorable comments and impressions about the hotel; they have been relayed to all concerned team members which gave more eagerness of continuing to make guest happy.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Concorde Hotel is a very decent hotel for biz. travelers like me.
Breakfast is nice. Internet speed is good and don't bother you
with charges for every devices. For me this is important !
You can also use internet in the lobby after the check-out.
Front office is kind.
It is not the most luxurious hotel however it is as good as you
can get for my budget.
As the other hotels in Doha, rates fluctuate depending on the
day, so plan your trip well, so there is no need to extend with
higher rates in our last staying days.
It might be a bit away from what your interests are, however
it is a few kilos from the Waqif Souk and Islamic Museum, and
Islamic cultural center.

2  Thank daehyok s
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

We are so delighted that you had comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

rooms are nice and big and so are bathrooms, housekeeping does a good job and stayed on business the only restaurant was coffe shop the italian rest was not open as yet under construction over all great hotel great staff.

1  Thank sidhj
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback!

Your favorable comments have been shared with all our colleagues & we sincerely thank you for staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

we stayed here 1 night during a stop over in Doha. great value for money, close to the airport, nice pool and sauna for refreshing, and also very good breakfast buffet with made to order omletes. highly recommended for a 1 or 2 night stop over if you are traveling to/from Europe to/from Asia.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ahughes3466

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future visits.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was bad from the start! Upon arriving to Doha airport, We had to wait in the heat for a hotel car for over 45 minutes, and then we were charged 60 Qatary Riyals for a ride that's only 7 Riyals, by public Taxi!!
We booked this hotel, on line, for one day with breakfast at 600 Qtr R. = $160.
We wanted to extend the next day, and that's when the tricks started.
They informed me that the hotel was all booked, not one room to spare!!
The manager then told me he would charge me 1000 Qtr R = $275 that's
75% more than what I had paid just last night!!
On my computer I showed the manager that I can book a room, at his "all booked up" hotel right infront him, and at a $140 a day!! He came back with " A "very special offer for you" for $220. I then told him that the hotel down the street "Copthorne" is at $120, Why would I pay him n additional $100 for almost the same room!! I then picked my luggage and left in disgust. As to my room, we had a lot of issues that made our stay un peaceful. The lights did not work. I asked for an iron and received it the next day. The electrician came twice to replace a lamp and a couple of light bulbs.
I am never going there again. I feel riped off!!

Room Tip: Doha is full of good hotels. My adice: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear valued guest,

It is very obvious that we did not meet your expectations! I must say, waiting for hotel-driver after long flight is certainly ‘’ Bad beginning”
I would like to sincerely apologize for what has happened. I can only say this is definitely not the type of service product we strive to offer to our guests every day & I hope this one-time incident is not taken as permanent impression about our service & people. I agree this case was a total short fall from our side not only the delay of our driver, but also reception staff should have communicated the case to management in order to meet you same time of your arrival & acknowledge the hassle you have encountered and of course offer compensation. Please also note that we have shared this case with all staff members to ensure constructive & corrective measures are taking place to prevent such incident from happening again. I have to say it was very touching disappointing to all of them as we do have excellent team members who normally walk the extra mile to assist our guests at all times.
Personally, I would love to have the details of your next visit & take care of your next-stay arrangements in Doha irrespective of your choice of hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time.
Again, I sincerely apologize & look forward to have another opportunity in the near future to serve you better.

Mobile number +974 6660 7004