“Nice stay”

Ranked #24 of 135 Hotels in Doha
SPAIN
“Nice stay”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We chose this Hotel as we have to spend one night in Doha and our next flight was due to 2 am in the morning
The Hotel is located close to the Airport but not too close that you can feel any sound of the airplanes
You can tell it is new as they have this nice smell, Rooms was very big, bed was very nice and gigant and bathroom was also in a very good size
The only issue that I could see it is that to get a taxi during the day is kind of easy as the bell boy can get it for you , as we got one that was not the legal one will be good to set the price ,seems that there are not many offical taxis in the city but we heard that this will be changing shortly
Anyway when we decide to go and have dinner the bell boy was out and there was no way to get a taxi and the lady in the counter offers us the limousine which was more than double that the taxi price , I believe this is a very important that the Hotel take into account that Taxis is a service needed for the customers

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mariaarantzazu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I'm writing this whilst at my room in the hotel.
The place is in a comfortable distance from the airport but the location isn't great and there is nowhere to go around and getting a cab is a rather interesting affair..... They cannot call a taxi, they said, so one has asked/expected to go outside and wait for a taxi to appear or hail one from the main road nearby; which is indeed very difficult as the few that pass by do so at incredible speed....
The hotel overall is not bad: big, spacious and clean rooms with good TVs and showers but empty mini-bar units.
Brakfast is rather basic and the pastries are always dry, dinner is not much better with no proper choice of protein but lots of carbs instead.

The hotel is in the "soft opening stage" I was told by a very smiley and engaging waiter over dinner (I was the only person in a room that would have comfortably sat 100 people). So truth to be told they need some fine running to do. Quite a bit I's day:
Housekeeping was vacuum cleaning the room opposite mine at 9:45pm (?!?!?!?!?) My room was linked to the next one by a set of unlocked doors, so I was never sure whether my belongings were completely safe in the room and even at night I went to the adjoining room and locked it from the inside.
The staff are incredible inflexible, given the hotel is virtually empty (15% occupancy I was told) I was refused a late check out at 5pm saying I had to pay half night rate. I work in hotel industry and travel a lot, so I am very used to late charges and entirely understand them, but not in an empty hotel where you want to build a good, solid loyal customers base.
Most staff are also clueless. They try their best to help, but in most cases they don;t know what to do. They simply wear shabby, discoloured Polo shirts (I want to believe this is because the uniforms have been delayed in customs or something) and the managers are nowhere to be seen, and when you do see them, they just parade themselves in the flowerless hotel lobby looking busy but not really doing much.
So I truly believe this hotel has good potential, but there needs to be a good investment in training and making staff understand that their "raison d'être" is us, the customers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tfnomad
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport. The hotel is brand new. I used it for a day stay and got a comfortable day rest.
This is a good and perhaps better alternative compared to staying at one of the resorts, that were far from the airport.

The hotel has very comfortable rooms, fast internet access, a modern gym, sauna and spa area. I did not use the outside pool, but you find a large pool in the center garden of the hotel.

I enjoyed my short stay. The staff was very accommodating. As anywhere in Doha, it may be a challenge to get a task. The Nepalese bell boy went out of his way to get me fast transportation to the City Centre Shopping Mall.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank eTurboNews
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This has to be the best hotel i stayed in doha for a while. the staff were well presented, extremely helpful & can't do enough for you., i called housekeeping 2 am to change my pillow as it was too thick. they tried their best checked their store etc...the rooms have a beautiful style, immaculately clean, the restaurant had very tasty authentic food, I would recommend this hotel to family & friends & anybody reading this. Great value for money i just hope they won't start raising the price, otherwise they will lose customers.

Room Tip: any room is good, we chose pool view which was ok, but you could get any view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank maher912
Nuneaton
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I always give new hotels the benefit of the doubt. I accept that there can be teething problems and little niggles that need to be ironed out, but the main issues with this place can't be put down to being new.

Firstly, the location is poor. You're out by the airport, but not close enough to be considered an "airport hotel". Now, being out of the way isn't an issue provided you have good transport links - unfortunately this was not the case.

Every hotel I have stayed in when in Doha has hotel cars waiting to take you places. Granted they cost a little more than a taxi, but they're convenient.
Here, they have no cars. Instead, you're expected to stand in the street and try and hail on (impossible, as you're out of town and taxis rarely, of ever, pass by). Instead, the doorman will flag you a 'taxi' but this is invariably someone with a car he's stopped and has agreed to take you somewhere for a fee. These cars have no meters, and I therefore assume are unlicensed.
This isn't such an issue for me when i'm on my own, but if I was with my family there's just no way.
This issue would need to be sorted before I stayed here again.

The other issue is that as the hotel is new, there are hardly any guests and therefore no atmosphere. I found myself making my way to the Ramada most nights to have a drink.

That's not to say it was a bad hotel, far from it. The rooms were clean, the service was fine, the gym was decent and the Internet was good (and free, which is a nice touch).

They'd need to sort the transport issue out before I'd sty again, though. Get a contract with a local metered taxi firm for guests to use.

• Stayed February 2012