“Excellent Property”

Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Doha
usa
“Excellent Property”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This property is well run with fabulous amenities and a nice atmosphere. We stayed during Ramadan and enjoyed being a part of that special time in Qatar. Do not hesitate to travel there during this time - if you questioned this aspect of your plans. The rooms are beautifully decorated - modern and updated. For a very reasonable rate, we had a suite with several personal butlers assigned - with a sitting room, a dining room, multiple bathrooms and two bedrooms - which seemed more like a luxury apartment overlooking the water and the very large and attractive pool area. Very nice views. Exceptional accommodations - you will not be disappointed. The food was wonderful, but pricey - as expected. There are many choices for dining out and the staff there was very helpful in locating drivers for us along with reservations and suggestions for excursions. For example, they have one of the finest art museums I have ever visited in Doha - do not miss seeing this. We also enjoyed the outdoor market place at night. If you have the opportunity to visit Doha, I would highly recommend this St. Regis property for its great service, location, design and amenities. Also - on a side note, be sure to take Qatar Airways business class or higher and you can experience the most outstanding service and airport reception I have ever had in my life at the Doha airport! Beats Singapore Airlines - hard to do!

Room Tip: Ask for a water view. Go ahead and book a suite category, if you can - the rooms are amazing! Worth...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Allow me to extend my thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. It is pleasure to learn that the St. Regis service and our hotel facilities, rooms and signature restaurants exceeded your expectations.
Please be assured that all comments and praise have been communicated to the assosiates and the entire team here at the St. Regis Doha look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Tareq Derbas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

For the top 5 star hotel in the Starwoods collection, this experience was indeed poor.... The management really need to address a number of different issues throughout the hotel.... From being served warm beer as a complimentary drink in my room, a welcome note from the management in Arabic... Read my profile.... Doors in the corridor left open (access to maintenance and electrical room), dirty balcony, clearly had not been cleaned for months.... Wallpaper peeling off walls, broken chandeliers, the list goes on.... Even when mentioning issues to the staff, we didn't see the manager / assistant until we checked out..... If this was a 3 star property, that had been around for a number of years certain things could have been excused... But a premium, luxury hotel, this was very poor.....

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank cliveypipes
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is disappointing to learn that aspects of your visit and the service we provide here at The St. Regis Doha did not meet your expectations and please be rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the management team for immediate action.

At your convenience, I would much appreciate the opportunity of a more detailed discussion towards your suggestions of further enhancing the standards and services we provide to our guests

Please email me your contacts at tareq.derbas@stregis.com and I will reach out to you shortly.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have been there with my husband for our anniversary and it is worth staying. Everything was great the room is clean and breakfast was great. However my only comment to go the pool from the room you will get lost and there are no signs to show you the way. Otherwise is was perfect and I recommend you to stay there.

• Stayed April 2014
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for spending the time to share your positive feedback. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, facilities and signature restaurants during your special stay. Be assured that your comments have been passed onto the team allowing us to continuously improve.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed! Pure luxury and pampering.
I spent a weekend at the St. Regis and loved every bit of it.
The hotel facilities are amazing. Lobby is beautifully decorated, staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I felt very comfortable and had a relaxing stay.
I have been at the St. Regis before for the Opal restaurant by Gordon Ramsay, Jazz bar and the Oyster bar, at the beach. Some of the St. Regis restaurants and bars, which i highly recommend.

I had a smoking bedroom which had no trace of cigarette smell. The bedroom had a lovely view, although was just standard room, an amazingly comfortable bed with a convenient pillow menu. The room was spotless, beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The sleeping quality is excellent. The room was very, very quiet. I am a light sleeper and this is a major issue for me.
Room service and the butler made our stay even better. They were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and seemed to make an extra effort to please us. We had a complimentary birthday cake and outstanding room service, from laundry requests to food service.
Staying at the St. Regis is certainly an luxury experience. The breakfast is so varied and delicious, and the view is amazing. Again staff would try to accommodate any requests you might have.
The pool is huge, quiet and exclusive. In Doha some hotels will let you pay to use the facilities and enjoy the beach and pool areas. Not the St. Regis, exclusively for in house guests. Which makes the enormous pool not crowed at all. Service at the pool is also excellent.

If you are looking for comfort, first-rate service, gorgeous facilities, wonderful restaurants you will find at the St. Regis! It is worth every penny :)

Dear Guest,

Allow me to extend my gratitude for spending the time to give such wonderful feedback and for choosing the St. Regis as your preferred address.

It delights me that you enjoyed our exclusive facilities, rooms, and restaurants so much allowing you a pleasurable and relaxing stay. It is always gratifying to hear such great reviews regarding the St. Regis service and your comments will be shared with the teams directly.

From all of us here at the St. Regis Doha, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband booked a weekend stay in this hotel as a birthday treat. From the moment we arrived the service provided by all the staff was excellent. I had left my reading glasses in the car and whilst we were checking in, one of the staff went to retrieve them for me. We had a fabulous room on the 10th floor with a lovely view of the sea and pool area.I was also treated to a complimentary birthday cake and a bowl of fruit.

We ate in the Astor Grill and Gordon Ramsey's reastuarant. In both the food served was excellent and the service impeccable. The drinks are pricey, but no more so than we have paid in similar hotels in North America and the UK.

The pool and beach areas are clean and well kept and the young men providing towels etc couldn't be more helpful or friendly.

The service throughout our stay was wonderful. The staff could not do enough for us. I would like to mention them all by name but there were too many.

Many thanks, we hope to return later in the year.

1 Thank Lucyhut
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time to give us such wonderful feedback.
It is always gratifying to learn that our facilities and service has exceeded guest expectations. It is a pleasure to know you had a memorable stay with us and your valued comments will be communicated to the team.
The entire team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Tareq Derbas,
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was a nice stay. Loved the Hotel lobby and also appreciate the car parking service. But experienced many issues i mean the welcome was not good compared to the other hotels in Doha and couldn't sleep until 3 am because of the loud party, and also there was no proper guidance for the hotel facilities. Overall, i wasn't expecting this type of service from a 7 Star Hotel and for sure there will not be any future plans to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending the time to give us your valuable feedback.

Although I am delighted that you enjoyed the design of the hotel and our valet parking service, it is disappointing to here that the other elements of your trip were not to your satisfaction. Please be assured that all of your comments have been passed to our management team for action.
I would like to invite you back to stay, please contact me directly via e-mail at tareq.derbas@stregis.com and it would be my pleasure to assist you personally.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed April 26, 2014

At the airport in doha you are not allowed to bring alcohol from a duty free location....Beware..
The hotel is verry nice with 6 restaurants.The restaurants are higher level in food and Price, Quality is verry high .The swimming pool is heated and extra large.The sunbeds are verry comfortable.You have also a small maintaind beach area with white sand and turqoise water! Great! Tip : The hotel has a small waterski boat with captain.Visit doha via water !!
The rooms are nice ,modern, with airco and have a nice bathroom.Spa experience was great.
fitness equipment new .. Enjoy the Jazz evening and brunch on friday. People in Doha & souks are courteously.
Negative points: You have to make reservations in all the restaurants.. This hotel is vistited often by non hotel guests and this group takes 70% of the occupation on friday . You hear frequently airplaines .Outside you hear the airco units.
Non alcohol area on swimming pool and all Pearl Island.We missed the holiday feeling that we had in St regis Abu D'abi.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to present us your thorough feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our signature restaurants, facilities and recreation activities. We have recently acquired the St. Regis boat and it is a pleasure to learn that it is being so well received. It is however, disappointing to hear that certain elements of your trip were not to your satisfaction, please allow me to take this opportunity to highlight our butler service who can arrange any dining requests for you directly. The use of the recreation facilities, including the pool and beach are exclusively reserved to hotel guests and members of the recreation program.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.