“One Private Butler, Two Private Butlers!”
Review of The St. Regis Doha

The St. Regis Doha
Ranked #10 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow! We have stayed in many 5 star hotels and this was the largest suite I have ever seen. Enormous space, nicely furnished. Beautiful water and pool views. The overall hotel architecture was impressive, yet a little lacking on the welcoming feel to the Lobby area. The most wonderful aspect of this hotel is it's staff! They may state that you have a private butler, but we felt like we had many private butlers and staff. The staff were so friendly and warm and went out of their way to help us with any request or need we had. It was almost unbelievable....I have stayed all over the world in nice hotels and this one really ranks up there with service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback.
I was delighted to read your impressions and sincerely appreciate your comments with regards to the design and facilities of our hotel, the professionalism of our associates and particularly the Butler Service.

It is always gratifying for us to receive such positive feedbackas this gives us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you very much and looking forward to your next visit.

Tareq Derbas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Yes we are locals, umm... not local locals but hired help locals and needed a "stay vacation". Thursday night go to Vintage or the Beach bar (a la reggae band bar). We had been to the beach bar before and loved it so this time it was Vintage. Ok yes it's a little odd, imagine you are filthy rich, and you want horse statues, gold eagles, pianos, velvet, concublnes, marble, pegasus, cigars and goblets, it's eclectic and that's it's appeal. We supped wine (outer QDC range) and listened to the lovely tones of the piano singer. Before I forget try the Bloody Mary's - ALL of them!!!! Room was fabulous and waaaaay bigger than expected, lovely views of Doha. Hello TV in tub!!!!! we had a welcome plate of yummy sweet things, how good is that!!! Next day brunch at Vine. Yeah you need to preapre for that, that's no beginner brunch, fine food and wine! Have a snooze after brunch, wake up at 9pm and head for the Jazz Club! The best night you will have in Doha! We love jazz and have been to all the clubs in Doha and ofr us this is the best. Why? The drinks, other jazz clubs same same wine, this has different options, good serviice, comfy seating and the band that night rocked it and ha us all standing up and grooving at 2am. So 2 big nights, Saturday head to the pool. Umm big pool. Go early, do laps, recover, they bring you water and a little mocktail. It's huge, the seating is extra comfy. Now good points loved the butler, having 1 person as a pointof contact for everyhting was super cool, reservations, even when she failed to get us into Opal and we had to do Vine she talked to us and made it OK. Downsude Opal should have some space for hotel guests, the lobby is confusing and easy to get lost with few staff to help, it doesn't naturally flow and you are scuttled off to a side corner, the vintage cars and bikes are random and not brand on, the lift areas are spare and barren, We were on a upper level with gorgeous room but lift area was like a 2 star hotel, no table, flowers, labels, signs just very spare and shabby looking. Plus side the people and the quality of outlets. Damn your staff are nice!!!! As a "semi" local I'll be back for the 2 brunches and a fine fine fine jazz club. Cheers.

Room Tip: View of Doha
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

It was truly a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your experience with us and particularly the piano performance in the Tea Lounge, our signature rituals, the amenities, the Jazz Club atmosphere , Butlers Service and our team’s professionalism and friendliness.

We have as well taken onboard your remarks with regards to the lobby orientation which will be addressed with our management team.

Once again, thank you very much and looking forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this fabulous hotel for 2 nights for our 26th Anniversary, checking in was fast and smooth.
We found the hotel very impressive and stylish, the size of the room and the furniture were excellent and practical the room itself was very nice and larger than many 5 star hotels, all of the staff were very considerate and went out of their way to help smiling and greeting us at all times, inquiring about the comfort of our stay, truly it was service with a smile.
We were also very touched to be presented in the room with a beautiful cake on our arrival.
Breakfast was excellent - fresh and with plenty of variety.
Highly recommended

Downside, no tea kettle in the rooms, no verities in the mini bar, such as chocolate and nuts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend this very special occasion with us and for your kind feedback.

It was a pleasure to read how much you appreciated the design and decoration of our hotel, the facilities and our team’s professionalism and I am turly glad to know you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.

I have as well taken on board your suggestion with regards to the minibar items.

Looking forward to welcome you back to The St Regis Doha in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I decided to stay at St. Regis Doha after viewing the facilities and going through the hotel pictures, which were very impressive. However, I stayed there for 2 nights and to be honest I was very disappointed.
I made my booking online, but when I called to confirm my reservation no one from the reservation team answered, and the hotel representative took my number and promised to let someone call back but of course I did not hear from them.

I did not face any problem while checking in, it was fast and smooth; but when I was done no one escorted me to my room.

The size of the room and the furniture were convenient. But I was shocked that while I was unpacking I found an old underwear and a dusty plastic bag on the top shelf of the closet; which only make you come into a conclusion that the room service and the cleaning team are not professional enough to clean properly after every visit. PS: the underwear is still there in room I stayed in, I hope they clean every single room properly until they find it.

Not much toiletries were available. The mini bar did not have any verities, it only had a couple of potato chips bags and alcohol; no chocolate, nuts, candies, etc. And no complimentary fruits or refreshments were provided.

The internet was free for only four hours with very limited speed.

I was informed by email that the hotel’s pool was closed for maintenance, but I was provided with complimentary access to a pool in a nearby hotel which I did not find convenient at all for me to walk out of the hotel and into another premises for the sake of the pool.

As a hotel guest, I thought I would have the priority in restaurant reservations. Unfortunately, when I wanted to go to the Ramadan tent, they were not able to find me a single table in any corner. And the air conditioner at the shisha lounge was not working and they had to call the maintenance twice to fix it in each of my visits.

I heard that there is a butler for almost every guest but no butler was introduced to me within my stay. No sight of him/her !!!

The list of disappointment continues when I asked for room service by pressing the button, I went out and left my room empty for hours for them to come clean it but was surprised that when I came back the room was still not cleaned; so, I had to call them and ask for someone to come clean.

The most appreciated thing they offered is late checkout. But no one went to the room to bring my stuff down, I had to go get them myself. Though, a couple of hotel staff saw me struggling with my luggage, no one offered any help.

Not to mention, the reception representative advised that the point of my stay were add to my SPG membership. However, I just checked to double check I found that not a single point was added and when chatting with their online support they advised me that they cannot allocate my reservation.

The hotel didn’t meet any of my expectations at all and was a total disappointment. I don’t think I’ll ever think of staying there again or even recommend it to anyone as it is definitely a waste of money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Mohamed_Alnazar
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Mr Al Nazar,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and for allowing our Director of Guest Services, Mr. Tony Sharp to discuss your remarks in detail today.

While it was pleasing to know that you appreciated the efficiency of the check in process and our efforts to accomodate the late check-out, the inconveniences you experienced during your stay are totally unacceptable.

Mr Al Nazar here, at The St Regis Doha we are certainly focused on meeting and exceeding our guest’s expectations and clearly we have fallen short of the mark on this occasion.

Allow me to apologize for this less than perfect experience and assure you that we are taking immediate actions towards the areas you highlighted.

I sincerely hope you will extend us with another opportunity as it would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back and ensure you will experience the true St Regis standards on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here last week and the experience was wonderful from the moment we entered the premises.

Check-in was quick, friendly and a room upgrade...gratuis!

We were given a 4 hour free usage of wifi certificate which I barely used, otherwise there is a steep fee for Internet usage.

The room on the 11th floor offered us an excellent view of The Pearl. The room itself was modern, spacious and beautiful with a generously sized bathroom. A 40 inch lcd tv, ipod enabled audio and a generously stocked fridge was a nice addition.

The bed was la piece de resistance! It was extremely comfortable.

Despite all the pluses I can't give the place 5 stars as we were interrupted with the fire alarm beginning at 11pm onwards for 90 plus minutes. I called twice to the front desk and there was no answer. I had to call the emergency number to get a response where I was assured that the alarm would stop shortly...it lasted another 30 minutes!

One thing I should also mention, we booked via bookings.com and breakfast which is 150QR per head wasn't included. I was told that had I gone via their own website, which was only slightly higher priced, we would have rec'd breakfast.

It's $$$, but would return for that special occasion.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback you have shared following your recent experience with us.

It is truly a pleasure to know that you appreciated the hotel’s facilities and that you found our team to be friendly and welcoming.

We do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the fire alarm and would like to assure you that your comments on it have been taken on board and will be addressed.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I might never book in this hotel again, not much is wrong with it but I had a neutral feeling. Checking in took ages. No escort to the suite, even though its the John Jacob. No refreshments at reception or upon arrival to the suite. I requested arrangments for birthday, like cake and flowers: the cake was so small you feel guilty to eat it, and you could barely see the flowers, their arranging of flowers is awful and terrible and they made me pay for it. The suite is okay, regular furniture, too much empty space. Bathroom and bed are wonderful. In room dining is also amazing. THE BUTLER, I read about it everywhere related to St. Regis before I book and at the hotel no one bothered to explain what actually this is and how it can add to your comfort. He is a person supposed to serve you, I had to read the information book to know that. Elsewhere, a butler greets you upon arrival with fruits and drinks and details of his services. It was an expensive night, I was hoping for a better experience, or at least a professional one. However, it's nothing near what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank abdulaziz_alnaimi

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Whilst i was glad to read that you appreciated the in room dining service, bathroom and bed, i was disspointed to find out that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas.

Please rest assured that your remarks regarding the Butler Service Experience, Check In process, and the special occasion arrangements have been reviewed with our management teams and we are taking immediate actions to improve it.

We do strive to offer the best services thus i would much appreciate the opportunity of an an in-depth discussion towards your observations on your next visit.

Thank you very much once again for taking the time and effort to share your impressions with us and please contact me directly on your next visit and it will be my pleasure to personally assist you with the reservation.

Regards

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I heard about St Regis being the best hotel in Doha, and this was confirmed when I stayed in it last month.

The rooms are spacious, clean, the hotel is well located and the service is top notch.

The beach is great, so is the swimming pool and the other facilities.

The hotel is a bit more expensive compared to the other 5 stars hotels around, but if you are willing to pay more to get a better experience during your stay then why not.

• Stayed: June 2013
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a great feedback.

It was truly a pleasure to read how much you appreciated the design of our hotel and the services we provide and to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha very soon.

With kind regards,