“My Favorite Hotel in Doha” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Doha

The St. Regis Doha
Ranked #7 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Houston, Texas
“My Favorite Hotel in Doha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I recently stayed here for six days on a business trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel itself is lovely, as are the staff. It is right on the ocean providing a lovely view from many of the rooms.

The majority of the food delivered via room service left me slightly underwhelmed, the (alcohol-free) berry mojito, which I prefer without sugar, is amazing. I can't wait to go back to have another!

The spa is fantastic. Mary Beth gives amazing massages (as do the other women I have had there) and the full body scrubs are decadently fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed myself here and will definitely be back to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback with regards to your recent experience with us.
I am truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, the spa treatments and the services provided by your staff. It is always gratifying for us to receive such remarks as this gives us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the St Regis Doha in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a couple of days of sun and relaxation, and having been to Dubai already we opted to travel to Doha - less to see than Dubai, but sun guaranteed ...

We arrived at the hotel in the early evening and were met by a friendly and professional staff. Check-in went smoothly and ten minutes later, we were in our room.

We had a suite on the 3rd floor with a view to the sea - stunning room, spacious bathroom, fantastic walk-in closet ... amenities were fantastic, and following our arrival, we were introduced to the butlers. Exceptionally friendly, timely - catered to our every need (as did the concierge services)! We ended up using them quite a bit for small as well as big things - no complaints from our end.

Pool area was great, the water being heated. There was an abundance of staff, no doubt given that the "touristy" season was just about to start.

The hotel sports a numbers of great restaurants - two Gordon Ramsey's, a cool Lebanese and a very trendy Chinese/Cantonese (much like Budhakhan or Spice Market in NY) called Hakkasan. All were super, but the pick was actually the brunch at Vine - rich in variety, excellent produce and anything you want ...

The gym at the St. Regis is state of the art, and especially the Eastern European trainer was a delight.

We spent a couple of afternoons "downtown" Doha, at the Pearl and watching tennis at the Doha Open, but in all fairness we could easily have opted to not venture outside the hotel resort - it was just that fantastic.

If we decide to come back to Doha, we know were we will be staying!

Thank you St. Regis!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
I was truly impressed to read how much you appreciated the services provided by our team, the pool, gym and room facilities and particularly the Vine experience for which I would like to thank you very much.

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to St Regis in the near future.
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I tried to stay in St. Regis since my husband and I are celebrating our anniversary, valentine's day and his birthday. And here how it goes:

ROOM RESERVATION:
I personally dropped by the hotel to make my own booking and I have this receptionist under the name of KAY. She is very kind and helpful in assisting me to find a better room for me and my husband. But to my surprise, when i asked her what they could offer for such celebration, she told me that if I get a suite, they could arrange complimentary flower set-up for me (ex.bathtub w/ rose petals) but if i will only avail a room, additional set-up will be of additional costs. But they could give me a cake amenity since it's my husbands birthday. For such 5 star hotel, these ocassions must be one-of-kind-experience for the guest. No candle and no rose petals in the bed because the bed sheet is pure white, same as with carpet. So as guest, what do you want us to do? I know that the receptionist has nothing to do with this. For sure, it's the hotel policy!

CHECK-IN:
Room is ready when i arrived since I requested for an early arrival upon reservation. Check in was done in a few seconds. And Kay is the one who escorted me up to the room. I was surprised when she prepared some balloons for me inside the room. When i asked her if it's for additional charge, she told me that it's her gift for me and my husband's anniversary. Room arrangement was very nice. Aside from the balloons and cake that I brought from my side, her effort made the ocassion very special. I know that no other person will do the same thing. She's the one who helped me to decorate my room. I know it's not part of her job, but she made it exceptional for me!!!

ROOM COMMENT:
Cake amenity is very small (seems that it's only for 1 person). No extra effort from the hotel side regarding room decoration (not even a single special folded towel made only for valentine's day). But the room itself is very nice. And my room is with a nice pool and sea view.

Over all, it's a not so perfect stay but it's the staff service that matters at the end. I will definitely visit again in this hotel but hopefully the next time, there will be improvements regarding some points that I've mentioned in this review.

Room Tip: Grand Deluxe Room with Solo Terrace (it comes with pool view and sea view)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your remarks with regards to your recent experience with us.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding the overall friendliness experienced from our team and particularly the assistance received from Kay on this very special occasion. It is always gratifying for us to receive such feedback as this gives us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Whilst I was delighted to know that you appreciated the design of our rooms and the view, I was disappointed to find out that the cake amenity and the decorations did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we have taken on board all your comments and will look into the opportunity of improving this in the future.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Doha in the not too distant future.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife a few friends and I had dinner in Astor Grill one night and after wandering around for a while we notice the Vintage Bar. We walked in and it was extremely busy it was hard to find a table. We waited around and finally got a table. I have to say it was worth waiting for it. We had delicious cocktails. The manager engaged in conversation with us and since it was our first time in the hotel she told us the afternoon tea and the Bloody Mary varieties they had, we were amazed to find out the first Bloody Mary was created by a French bartender in NYC! We also found out they have a Jazz at Lincoln Center and on the weekends they have a raggae band playing by the pool. She was very polite and even though they looked extremely busy she had the time to show us to this coffin looking humidor where they had the finest cigars. I decided to smoke a cigar and Ms. Black cut it and lit it for me, I was very impressed. I looked around and can see how busy the bar was and how many people they had working there. The bartender was like a machine, he never stopped. The service was great, the place was very elegant and the drinks magnificent. Vintage is a hidden jewel in Doha

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for a great feedback. It was truly a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your recent experience in Vintage, the attention and passion of our team, and particularly our signature drinks, the cigars and the design of the Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I chose to stay in the St Regis because of its proximity to the expo centre since I am here for work there.

Nice hotel but rooms have terrible insulation, if you are looking for peace and quiet then watch out! I checked-in and was taken to my room... Only to find that my neighbours were extremely noisy and I wasn't able to rest after a long day in a noisy construction site... I was promptly changed to a new room on a higher floor and was told that I won't be disturbed since I now had no neighbours... As i settle into my new room, get ready for bed... I realise that I can hear the elevator motor going up and down up and down..! Too tired and lazy to move again I put in my ear plugs and got some sleep... To my surprise, the next evening I again got some neighbours with noisy screaming children.... I have to stay here again for work in the coming few weeks and I now know to ask for a quiet room although with such bad insulation, I doubt it will make a difference.

Breakfast is nice, rooms are well appointed and clean. Private dining menu could be a bit more varied, there is only 1 pasta dish for example...

Complimentary shuttles to doha's malls would be a nice addition.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

While i was glad to know that you enjoyed the design of our hotel, the breakfast , the room cleanliness and decoration, it was truly dissapointing to read the several noise issues that you encountered.

Allow me to apologize for this less than perfect experience and assure you that we are taking immediate actions towards your remarks. Here, at The St Regis Doha we are certainly focused on meeting and exceeding our guest’s expectations and clearly we have fallen short of the mark on this occasion for which I would like to apologize and personally assist you with your reservation details on your next visit.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed her on business
The Staff are First Class friendly courteous and amenable
The Rooms were spotless well appointed with a nice balcony and a great view of the beach
The facilities are First Class and the entire hotel like the city itself is spotless
Food and service were of a high standard
Although the Hotel was further out of town I would highly recommend it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

I was really impressed to read how much you appreciated the friendliness of our team, the room atmosphere and the view and the facilities and services we provide.

The St. Regis Doha is located in the emerging commercial heart of the city, West Bay, adjacent to the Pearl Island and close to the Diplomatic Area and Katara.

It was truly a pleasure to have you with us and looking forward to welcome you back to St Regis in the near future.
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Although there was a misunderstanding when doing the booking but it was solved
immediately.
I was supposed to have 1 st. Regis suite with terrace and 1 grand deluxe with terrace but ended up with 2 Junior suite next to each other.
service was prompt and employees are always greatingful,.
what I didn't like that it was not sound proofed, they had a band playing all night and it was hard to sleep.
also the butler didn't show us how to operate the lights so whenever we want them on they turned off and vise verse. the Ac was and some point cold and other time hot.
also I has to search all the cupboards for slippers and hair drier.
there was not a coffee machine to use if you don't want to order room service.

I enjoyed the spa, the message was so relaxing. and the breakfast outside was lovely.

Room Tip: any room with terrace facing the sea the perfect where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or meal.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your feedback.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the breakfast and spa experience and that you appreciated our team’s promptitude in fulfilling your requests.

Your remarks regarding the room noise and A/C have been well noted and we are currently addressing them with our leaders who are reviewing them in full as part of our on-going quality management program so as to ensure such incidents will never reoccur.

Thank you very much once again for your honest feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back to St Regis in the not too distant future.