“Excellent Iftar”

Ranked #12 of 133 Hotels in Doha
Montesson, France
“Excellent Iftar”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was invited to my first Iftar this week, at the newly opened St Regis hotel. The hotel and decor are very impressive. The restaurant was prepared for Ramadan with tents. The food was excellent. I even had my first Yorkshire pudding in Qatar. In my opinion both the food and the service were a notch above the 5 star hotels nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tonytourist
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for spending your first Iftar at The St. Regis Doha. It’s wonderful to read you had such an enjoyable Ramadan experience. We will make sure to pass on your feedback to all of our staff, especially the chefs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bahrain
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed just 1 night. On first sight the hotel is very impressive, staff are excellent, they really make an effort. check in experience was 1st class the butler service is very good. Room terrific, spacious, trendy very well appointed. Bed, very, very comfy. Whilst there my company held a Ghagba in a private room and we could not have asked for a better experience. Setting, food, staff all first rate. I had to leave the hotel at 5am for my flight, checkout was seamless. Finally I loved the amount of candles that they light in the hotel in the evenings, makes for a wonderful atmosphere. The hotel is new, it will surely have better occupation % in the future. It deserves it, I'd stay here again and again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Following your stay at The St. Regis Doha, we would like to sincerely thank you for your sharing your feedback with us. We are very pleased to read you had such an enjoyable experience and appreciate how much you enjoyed our signature services, including the evening ritual where we light the candles in the lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I visited the St Regis Doha just yesterday evening for Iftar. I was very excited as it was my first Iftar experience. While the hotel entrance, lobby and tent were very impressive i certainly could not say the same about the food. The staff were attentive but the food was cold and tasted horrible. I've never tasted laban so bad. Dont even get me started on the sore grumbling tummy the next morning. Would def not recommend dinning there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
It is disappointing to read you did not enjoy your Iftar experience with us and I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectation. During both Iftar and Sohour we offer a combination of buffet and live cooking stations where our guests can have a selection of dishes cooked to order. All dishes are kept warm under heat-lamps or on warming trays and upon request the butler will assist our guests with additional items. Could I please invite you to contact me so we can discuss your experience in person or over the phone? It is important to get more details allowing us to resolve any challenges. If I could kindly ask you to contact the hotel and ask for me directly. Allow me to stress on our intention of offering an enjoyable experience to every single guest at The St. Regis Doha.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 22, 2012

we went there for the Ramadan tent (Sohour) and the grandballroom where they are holding the Sohour is truly impressive. Some of the staff needs training, especially the ones handling the reservations. The food choices consist of a good variety of items, however the options are not impressive or moderm. I didn't find sushi or much seafood or any multicultural options besides arabic and a couple other options (very limited), it was very traditional and a bit boring. The staff seem to be very genuine and caring about the guests but since the ballroom was very empty they were sticking in groups in the ballroom and that didn't look too professional. At the beginning of the service they brought water and I was surprised they didn't asked if I had a preference for still or sparkling, and what was a bit shocking was that they served us ARWA water in a plastic bottle, it looked kind of cheap for a St. Regis. last but not least was the dessert station, great cakes and pastries, but I didn't see any cut fruits or fresh fruit options only a big decorative display as a centerpiece which i tried to reach to grab a fruit but later realized it was just decorative since it was not easy to take any fruit from there. For Qr. 290 or 80$ per person this is a bit pricey and you dont feel the full value for this. I felt I was paying for a meal which was done with high quality products and for a nice atmosphere but no innovation compared to other places in doha which have more exciting ramadan tents.
The service and kitchen staff were very caring and always checked if we liked everything.
Overall it was a good experience but i wouldn't go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your Sohour experience at The St. Regis Doha. We welcome your feedback and are pleased to read you had a good experience and apologize for any shortcomings you experienced on the evening. Following your comments we have further extended the live cooking stations, changed the water selection and added freshly cut fruits to the dessert buffet. We also continue to train our staff on both reservations and service. We would like to extend a warm invitation to welcome you back to the Ramadan Tent and witness the changes that were made following your comments.
Gdansk
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Great and impresive hotel.
Main entrance and lobby is amazing. Staff is well trained and enjoy their job. A specially butlers do a great job. They are very discrette and helpfull. Restaurants are great so I did't have to eat outside the hotel. Fitness center well equiped and nicely located. Outside pool is great and you may want to rent private willa with private jacuzzi. When I cut my finger security took a great care of me. If you wont to visit special hotel i special city you may choose St Regis Doha. I recommend this hotel to everybody.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank WOJCBIA
We appreciate your feedback very much and will make sure to share your positive comments with all our staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The St. Regis Doha, we look forward to welcoming you back and have another exceptional stay with us.
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've been traveling to Doha for business for years and last week I went to the St. Regis Hotel for the first time and I have to say the Vintage bar was amazing. I had a warm greeting at the door by the bar manager who had a beautiful smile, she walked me to a table next to the piano, then a lovely server who's name was Lovely brought me the menu, all I wanted was a glass of wine and and a cigar but I saw the box of Hennessy Paradis in the corner table so I decided to have that instead. I have to say the pianist was great, the service was terrific and everyone at the hotel from the door to everyone at the Bar had a huge smile, I have to say I think they only hire happy people at The St. Regis Hotel. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at Vintage, I've been to many bars in Doha but this is truly a classy bar, just one thing I hope they increase the cigar list, I spoke to the manager Mydel? And she said they will have a more extended list in the next coming days. Well done St. Regis you truly have a beautiful place and I will definitely come back next time I'm in Doha.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark C
, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience in our Vintage Bar. We look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis Doha on your next trip to Qatar. Coming in September we also have the debut of our Jazz at Lincoln Center which will be the premiere Jazz venue in the Middle East.

Yours sincerely,

Tareq Derbas
New Romney, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in June when he surprised me for my birthday. And what a surprise it was!! From the moment we arrived at the hotel, all of the staff were very attentive. The valet car park attendants opened my door for me and greeted me in perfect English. The doorman opened the door for us, the staff in the lobby took us personally through to the maître d', who greeted my partner by name and informed us that our guests were already seated (and seeing as I didn't know I was staying in the hotel at this point, I was already in total awe about how smoothly done everything was!!) We had dinner in the Vine restaurant and it was sensational - all of the waiters and waitresses were great - attentive but not over bearing. Our wine was delivered to the table and decanted for us, gin and tonics were devine and the tonic came in its own little decanter (I hate it when you are paying for a nice meal in a hotel and the tonic come in the can to your table!! Ugly service!! Thankfully the St Regis has got this right).

After dinner, we went to the Vintage bar - we wanted another bottle of the wine that we had drunk over dinner and although it wasn't on the list in the bar, it was no problem or trouble for them to fetch another for us and again decent it. The pianist played me a special birthday song - I can't remember all of the lyrics but it was about laughing and having fun with friends on my birthday - before playing the traditional one to us too.

Once my friends had left and I thought we were leaving too, my partner took me out t the terrace and showed me the view from the hotel. A lovely view (for Qatar) of the hotel pool, which is huge, the Arabian Gulf and the Pearl off to the side. He then told me we were staying for 2 nights!!! Needless to say I felt very special.

While we had been eating, my luggage had been brought up from the car and put into our room (I was told to pack weekend things but I assumed we were staying at his house in Doha as I live further north), a rose had been put by the bed and a birthday cake put on the coffee table - touches that hadn't been arranged by my partner so he was also pleasantly surprised by the extra lengths gone to by the staff.

The room had a view over the terrace, pool and sea. The room itself was beautiful, the bathroom stunning and the products smelt beautiful. If we needed anything, we could call our butler who would bring stuff to us - pots of tea, coffee, pillows from the menu, etc.

Breakfast in the morning was delightful (again in the Vine restaurant) - the maître d' knew our names from the previous evening, brought us pastries, tea, coffee, juice - whatever we wanted. The rest of the day was spent by the pool. The pool attendants helped us to find a lounger, laid the towels out for us, brought us iced bottles of water and cold towels and knew us by name! They even brought these to us when we were in the water swimming to help us stay hydrated. The only downside about the pool was that it already has some missing tiles from the bottom of the pool - disappointing seeing the hotel has only been open a couple of months and the hotel is still not fully open.

Dinner in the evening was had at The Opal - it felt very relaxed. We had already had a sneak into the restaurant earlier in the day and interrupted the staff who were preparing for service. At the time, they were still very keen to show us around and to help answer any questions, hoping that we would come to eat there in the evening. Julian, the restaurant manager, who had greeted us in the morning, welcomed us back and found us a table even though we had not made a reservation. He was on hand throughout the evening, and again, brought us the wine we loved form The Vine restaurant.

The service we received from all of the staff at the St Regis was exceptional and made the stay feel very special as we were treated like royalty. The whole weekend was very relaxing indeed and both my partner and I cannot wait to come back and stay here again, although we will have to save our Riyals as this place is expensive, but in our minds, totally worth it - a gem of a hotel in Doha! Thank you to my very wonderful partner and everyone at the St Regis for making my birthday so special! xx

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank W0rldt0urist
, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for providing a very detailed overview of your recent birthday weekend spent at The St. Regis Doha. I am delighted to hear that your experience throughout your stay was exceptional and you and your partner thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back very soon.

Yours sincerely,